S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Trying to leave SDCC goku out of the equation jayrod :lol Might have a go at airbrushing some of these figures, done it plenty to 1/6th stuff so a few high/lowlights on the hair or outfit should be doable. I really want SS Vegeta to be pale as well :lol For those on the fence about him, just bite the bullet and pay the silly price before it goes up more - He is definitely worth it and great fun to put into all kind of moody and scornful poses :lol

Thanks guys. Trying to leave SDCC goku out of the equation jayrod :lol Might have a go at airbrushing some of these figures, done it plenty to 1/6th stuff so a few high/lowlights on the hair or outfit should be doable. I really want SS Vegeta to be pale as well :lol For those on the fence about him, just bite the bullet and pay the silly price before it goes up more - He is definitely worth it and great fun to put into all kind of moody and scornful poses :lol

What's he going for now? I dropped 150$ on mine about a year ago.

hehe I was talking about SS Vegeta there - although when you convert what it cost me to get one to the UK it was about $100 :panic:

Gotcha. I wouldn't be surprised everything gets another reissue. I hope Piccolo does, mine has marks and green paint on his cape :dunno

Suddenly, there is an American Market demand for these things. Blufin ( the american distributor for Bandai and Tamashi nations) brings A repainted Goku to SDCC... and he SELLS OUT.... and people want more. Bluefin Buys up ALL THE REMAINING STOCK of Piccolo they can get in japan ( he was shelfwarming like mad, and on clearence everywhere) and imports him to the states.
HE SELLS OUT

So did the recent Piccolo re-release receive a second production run or did they just update the packaging on the old stock and send them?

Updated packaging. Was NOT a second production run. Might have even just been a simple sticker added to the box, I'm not certian.

I can tell you that Bandai has been EXTREMELY reluctant to do another piccolo, becuase of how poorly this one sold.

Tamashii mentioned via Twitter they have scheduled 2013 and 2014 for DBZ. Possible 2014 scheduled releases will be rescheduled for 2013!
Looks like we could see 2 more after Freeza!

Well Cell came today so here's an update to my Collection, keep in mind I only started like 2 weeks ago...

466275_10151575804914346_792925675_o.jpg

Updated packaging. Was NOT a second production run. Might have even just been a simple sticker added to the box, I'm not certian.

I can tell you that Bandai has been EXTREMELY reluctant to do another piccolo, becuase of how poorly this one sold.

Interesting. I'd think the sales on the SDCC Goku and Gohan figures would've given them a bit more confidence in an SDCC Piccolo.

One more question...are there really any major differences in the gold and silver sticker releases? I've read the gold sticker figures feature slightly better paint applications.

DOn't know... I didn't pay attention to Piccolo too much, as i was one of those who picked him up after Drossel's tea parties early on. :D

Yea Piccolo is a great character and just as good of a figuart, only reason he sold poorly was due to him being first in a new line that hardly anyone knew about at the time; if he was rereleased now things would definitely be different IMO.

As for the stickers thing, I have never noticed a difference, and I really doubt tamashii has a quality differencial like that, they are all made the same way. Put it this way, if tamashii hasnt stared anything about the stickers, then I would put them down to being unimportant.

Especially if he was released in anime colors, and if they gave him the special beam canon. I'm sure a lot of people who owned the original would buy him again.

I would buy again for the beam canon!

they should release pack of attacks . Such as kamehamehas ,beam cannon for specific characters and regular blast single shot blasts etc to play with. if anyone bought the halo 3 figures you know they released a weapons pack with shotguns plasma pistols grenades etc

Back