S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought that the sdcc2013 exclusive will be the tv version of piccolo.. still unsure though..

It IS still possible, But Bluefin/Tamashii has publicly stated tehy wanted to move away from doing Repaints as con exclusives. And instead start offering unique characters, simply using it as another yearly release slot.

Btw if it is nappa i really hope he comes with his armour that can also detach id be slightly dissapointed if he didnt have his armour

It IS still possible, But Bluefin/Tamashii has publicly stated tehy wanted to move away from doing Repaints as con exclusives. And instead start offering unique characters, simply using it as another yearly release slot.

Thanks. As long as they release something for dbz its all good then. Thanks for your input sir

Thanks. As long as they release something for dbz its all good then. Thanks for your input sir

works out really well too, as Tamashii SDCC exclusives have never been hard to get. much like sideshow, they intentionaly make extras to sell after the con through etailers like BBTS, and AMAZON.

Exactly all I see are the old DVDs used and mangas no figures or shirts.

There is a couple comic shops that are pretty good, one in particular on Market street sells 1/6 statues and Hot Toys stuff. But when it comes to Anime/Manga, it's the bare minimum.

I remember there was a store on South street years ago that was a store strictly for collectibles and had the entire Bandai Super Battle Collection of DBZ. It's gone now :crying

I honestly dont think there is really a demand for dbz its has been done to death.

Um no.. We have DBZ on Hub TV and Nick here in Florida. DBZ is far from dead. Hot Topic still gets shirts in, and they sell!

You're both right... in a way.

Super Sentai ( Power rangers) Is massively more popular globaly, than Dragon ball.

In japan, Dragon ball is not the merchandising giant it once was... though Super sentai is still going crazy strong.

so Super Sentai gets more attention.

So then why are we still getting Dragon Ball figurarts?

Funny answer to that. It's important to note that in Japan, the Dragon Ball figures are ONLY sold as a Tamashi Website exclusive. this market is EXTREMELY small and niche. it's one of the reasons why the line was canceled for a while. But, suddenly, there was a demand for these figures... from outside japan.

You see, the /toy/ board on 4chan suddenly noticed these figures, and started picking up Goku and Piccolo shortly before the line was canceled. This lead to lots of silly pictures of things like piccolo going to Tea parties ( I'm NOT making this up) getting angry at something trivial, and then blowing **** up. ( WHAT?! NO SUGAR?! MMMMMAAAAAAAAKENSO!) much like "hentai woody" this kinda went viral. people loved the detail on piccolo, and the articulation, and more and more people started to take notice.

This spirals like crazy. More ad more people discover them. they start showing up on toy review shows and sites, etc. Love of the "over 9000" meme helps tremendously as well.

Suddenly, there is an American Market demand for these things. Blufin ( the american distributor for Bandai and Tamashi nations) brings A repainted Goku to SDCC... and he SELLS OUT.... and people want more. Bluefin Buys up ALL THE REMAINING STOCK of Piccolo they can get in japan ( he was shelfwarming like mad, and on clearence everywhere) and imports him to the states.
HE SELLS OUT

Bandai Takes notice of this market at some point, and restarts the lin, JUST as american Market Exclusives, and Tamashii web exclusives.

Very VERY literaly, the American market sales of these figures is the ONLY thing keeping this line alive.

There is a couple comic shops that are pretty good, one in particular on Market street sells 1/6 statues and Hot Toys stuff. But when it comes to Anime/Manga, it's the bare minimum.

I remember there was a store on South street years ago that was a store strictly for collectibles and had the entire Bandai Super Battle Collection of DBZ. It's gone now :crying

Wow I used to buy everything from quackerhead think that's what it was called bought super battle collection figures and the majin buu saga before it was released here wow the memories.

You're both right... in a way.

Super Sentai ( Power rangers) Is massively more popular globaly, than Dragon ball.

In japan, Dragon ball is not the merchandising giant it once was... though Super sentai is still going crazy strong.

so Super Sentai gets more attention.

So then why are we still getting Dragon Ball figurarts?

Funny answer to that. It's important to note that in Japan, the Dragon Ball figures are ONLY sold as a Tamashi Website exclusive. this market is EXTREMELY small and niche. it's one of the reasons why the line was canceled for a while. But, suddenly, there was a demand for these figures... from outside japan.

You see, the /toy/ board on 4chan suddenly noticed these figures, and started picking up Goku and Piccolo shortly before the line was canceled. This lead to lots of silly pictures of things like piccolo going to Tea parties ( I'm NOT making this up) getting angry at something trivial, and then blowing **** up. ( WHAT?! NO SUGAR?! MMMMMAAAAAAAAKENSO!) much like "hentai woody" this kinda went viral. people loved the detail on piccolo, and the articulation, and more and more people started to take notice.

This spirals like crazy. More ad more people discover them. they start showing up on toy review shows and sites, etc. Love of the "over 9000" meme helps tremendously as well.

Suddenly, there is an American Market demand for these things. Blufin ( the american distributor for Bandai and Tamashi nations) brings A repainted Goku to SDCC... and he SELLS OUT.... and people want more. Bluefin Buys up ALL THE REMAINING STOCK of Piccolo they can get in japan ( he was shelfwarming like mad, and on clearence everywhere) and imports him to the states.
HE SELLS OUT

Bandai Takes notice of this market at some point, and restarts the lin, JUST as american Market Exclusives, and Tamashii web exclusives.

Very VERY literaly, the American market sales of these figures is the ONLY thing keeping this line alive.

Well said great post kinda figured something like this happened.

Wow I used to buy everything from quackerhead think that's what it was called bought super battle collection figures and the majin buu saga before it was released here wow the memories.

They had 3 aisles of a lot of vintage stuff, a lot of McFarlane stuff when that was still hot. Only place worth a damn that sells collectibles on South street is Showcase comics, but they have a small selection from the last time I checked and they stare at you like you're going to steal -_-

Back