S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks really nice yeah, and don't forget the shipping - that's well over $300.

I need Manga Gohan to perfect my center display! Announce the re-release already, Tamashii! :gah:

I don't actually need Manga Gohan specifically but I want to have another Gohan in the display and I don't necessarily want to spend more money for an SDCC Gohan. ...Well, I want to but I shouldn't since collection* agencies should be knocking on my door come January 1st. :lol

Message sent to Bluefin on Facebook last week and asked "Are there problems with S.H. Figuarts Broly's shipments to the Western market?"

Their reply was "Ask Long Beach" and posted this link if anybody is interested in reading it...

Port of Long Beach Labor Dispute Could Hit Holiday Retail Season | NBC Southern California

that seems like big news. what terrible timing, a Figuarts release with arguably the highest demand of all the releases and it can't be sold because a labor dispute is disrupting the shipments.

(I'll say this though, I'm actually a bit glad Broly will be delayed for a while, I really can't afford him at the moment)

Surely that wont affect ALL shipments of Broly? If thats the case just get Tamashii to send out Bluefins allocations, problem solved before it even begins.

If Tamashii could do that, wouldn't they NOT need bluefin in the first place...?

I now understand the price increase and fast loss of stock of 18 and 17.

I mean just this once. It would definitely cost Tamashii more to ship Broly than it would Bluefin, but if theres no other way to get the product out surely they would compromise? Even if they got Bluefin to ship just within America and got Tamashii to do the rest it might alleviate some problems, or am I just overthinking it?

Hah, well, at least they are slightly better quality, but $100?! These bootleggers are having a laugh, right?

Yeah, It gave me a good laugh. I'm still mad at myself for jumping in the game too late. I highly doubt I'll ever find a Trunks and Super Saiyan 3 Goku for less. I hate how expensive they got honestly.

I remember seeing SSj3 Goku sitting on the top of the shelf at my local toy store for months, it was literally collecting dust & customers would avoid it like the plague. I always told the owner of the store "i'm gonna buy that 1 day soon" cuz I was in no rush to get it (i wasn't obsessed with S.H. Figuarts then as I am now lol)

Eventually I bought it for 50 bucks

Frieza and Krillin weren't in that line up before, they're clearly worth enough to make it $100! :lecture look at those poorly made gi pieces on Krillin and white on Frieza!

I mean just this once. It would definitely cost Tamashii more to ship Broly than it would Bluefin, but if theres no other way to get the product out surely they would compromise? Even if they got Bluefin to ship just within America and got Tamashii to do the rest it might alleviate some problems, or am I just overthinking it?

Over thinking it. It's an allocation problem for Bluefin and its retailers. If your idea was an option, Tamashii can't distribute to the Western market what they don't have anymore. Bluefin's supply of Broly is in a container on Long Beach and won't move until the dispute is settled.

...Anybody want to take a trip to Long Beach with a crow bar?

Wait, so are all Broly shipments going to be delayed or something? I pre-ordered him from Anime Island.

We dont know, but its likely every Bluefin shipment is in there. I preordered from anime island too.

A month or two wont matter in the long run, Goku was delayed like 4 months so I can wait.

Over thinking it. It's an allocation problem for Bluefin and its retailers. If your idea was an option, Tamashii can't distribute to the Western market what they don't have anymore. Bluefin's supply of Broly is in a container on Long Beach and won't move until the dispute is settled.

...Anybody want to take a trip to Long Beach with a crow bar?

Good point. Somewhere on a container boat there's a crew going mad because they hear thousands of broly's yell "KAAAAKAAROOOOOOT" all the time.

Back