S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ang were those screenshots of "vegeta" from the BoG movie!?

Cool pics A20! Really hope I can get my 17 soon.

What I kinda find boring about vegito is that he's nothing but a plot bandaid, because it should've been Gogeta but they used Toriyamas design in a movie before he could use it himself in the series, and he wanted the fusion in the series to be new to viewers, so he had to remedy the situation and invent these earrings. And then just roll with the idea theyd seperate magically inside Buu, to offset their permanence.

But obviously vegito is a character we'll never ever see again, so even though I like his design more than gogeta, gogeta's the OG natural fusion result. If they ever fuse again, we'll get gogeta, not vegito. So in that sense, gogeta's stronger purely because he's not n isolated incident, which vegito is.

Btw think of the extremely awkward repurcussiobs regarding chichi, videl and goten, had goku used the earrings with gohan and not be absorbed.:lol

That's what I'm speculating, Sil. The first picture was shown when they were completing the Super Saiyan God transformation. I noticed it was Vegeta and just thought it was strange because it was out of the blue.

Then the second screenshot was during the first Super Saiyan God story that Shenron was telling. Although, that Saiyan had a tail.

I have a feeling all of those screenshots were put there to build up for the next movie since Toriyama stated that it will be Vegeta centric.

Toei used Toriyama's Gogeta design in Fusion Reborn? I didn't know that.

Edited
Also, really wish Vegeta ditched the armour.

How come?

I think so too! I definitely will buy the new designs if Tamashii decides to make them!

@angelo Here's the dialogue from the manga. I couldn't find it online, so I'm just going to type it for you from my copy.

Old Kai: How do you plan to beat Boo? I don't think the two of you together could do it.

Goku: ...Uh...um...uh...I know!! Fusion!! Gohan and I can fuse!!

Old Kai: Fusion...just like the kids used...I doubt that Boo will wait while you do that annoying dance.

Goku: Th-then what should I do?! You're the only one who told me to go help!!

Old Kai: Heh. I have an idea. Clip this portara earring on your left ear!

Goku: Th-this'll make me stronger?

Old Kai: Gohan puts the other one on his right ear. Then you combine into one warriror. Just like fusion.

Goku: FOR REAL?!

Old Kai: But it'll work even better! Through generations of Lords of Lords this has been treasured!

Kaioshin: I...I never knew...

Old Kai: Tsk. Kids today. That's why you're so weak. Here, you and Kibito give it a try with your own potara.

Hope that helps!

I think Yamamuro Tadayoshi was the one who designed Gogeta, but it's basically Toriyama's Gotenks with a bang.

As big d's agreed before, him ditching the armour in the buu saga coincided with him accepting his position as a warrior of earth. He's truly a good guy in that armourless suit. I just feel it's kinda his z warrior outfit.

But Akira clearly disagrees.

But so Ang, Vegeta is a prince and a registered elite warrior genetically. What if the ssj god of legend is his ancestor and toriyama hinted at that this way?

Maybe vegeta had more entitlement to calling himself of elite descent than even he himself knew in detail?

I think so too! I definitely will buy the new designs if Tamashii decides to make them!

@angelo Here's the dialogue from the manga. I couldn't find it online, so I'm just going to type it for you from my copy.

Old Kai: How do you plan to beat Boo? I don't think the two of you together could do it.

Goku: ...Uh...um...uh...I know!! Fusion!! Gohan and I can fuse!!

Old Kai: Fusion...just like the kids used...I doubt that Boo will wait while you do that annoying dance.

Goku: Th-then what should I do?! You're the only one who told me to go help!!

Old Kai: Heh. I have an idea. Clip this portara earring on your left ear!

Goku: Th-this'll make me stronger?

Old Kai: Gohan puts the other one on his right ear. Then you combine into one warriror. Just like fusion.

Goku: FOR REAL?!

Old Kai: But it'll work even better! Through generations of Lords of Lords this has been treasured!

Kaioshin: I...I never knew...

Old Kai: Tsk. Kids today. That's why you're so weak. Here, you and Kibito give it a try with your own potara.

Hope that helps!

I think Yamamuro Tadayoshi was the one who designed Gogeta, but it's basically Toriyama's Gotenks with a bang.

Thanks, Bane!

That's an interesting set of dialogue. Although, I'm wondering what Old Kai is referring to when he states "But it'll work even better!" Does that mean that the overall power outcome is better or just that there aren't as many negatives as a Fusion dance?

Yamamuro Tadayoshi is the one who designed Gogeta. Now since I knew a name, I looked it up. That guy has a lot of character designs under his belt.

Now this has me wondering if we'll see Super Saiyan God Gogeta in F for Frieza.

I just always liked his Buu Saga outfit better, dunno why they don't wanna stick with that

As big d's agreed before, him ditching the armour in the buu saga coincided with him accepting his position as a warrior of earth. He's truly a good guy in that armourless suit. I just feel it's kinda his z warrior outfit.

But Akira clearly disagrees.

But so Ang, Vegeta is a prince and a registered elite warrior genetically. What if the ssj god of legend is his ancestor and toriyama hinted at that this way?

Maybe vegeta had more entitlement to calling himself of elite descent than even he himself knew in detail?

That's definitely understandable. Especially how one refers to it as a theme for Warrior of Earth acceptance. I did find it strange at first how he appeared with the armor in Battle of Gods.

The new armor is a strange mix of Vegeta's armor from Frieza Saga. I don't really care for the painted shoulders.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. It would be a HUGE revelation to find out that Vegeta's ancestor acted as a savior to put a stop to the evil Saiyans. I'm really interested to see the story that Toriyama comes up with if that were true. It could change Vegeta's character tremendously but it needs to be handled very carefully.

I just always liked his Buu Saga outfit better, dunno why they don't wanna stick with that

Majin Vegeta perfected that attire for me. Everything seemed to work so well visually.

Wouldn't that require an extra saiyan?

For Super Saiyan God Gogeta? They'll have Goku and Vegeta. If the speculation that Vegeta becomes one is true based off of the poster.

@angelo I would assume it meant it would be more powerful just because they're more in sync. I'm sure they're slowly un-fusing overtime within that thirty minute period and they probably get less time as they drain more power through the forms. The SSJ God form was so stressful on the body that once Goku completely dropped that state, he was about to pass out. That's why at the end of Battle of Gods he told Vegeta that he could go ahead and do it next time. The best thing for the Saiyans to do is work on their base form, since the SSJ form was a multiplier. That's why Goku came up with the idea of making the SSJ form their base in the Cell Games, since they could conserve as much energy as possible. It's like working to control an adrenaline rush. The more adrenaline you use you could be stronger and faster, but once you crash-you crash hard! That energy didn't come from nowhere! Apparently Vegeta mastered it better than anyone in Battle of Gods.

On a side note, I think it's pretty funny that Goku's sons keep stealing his gi!

God Goku(red) and God Vegeta(blue) FUSION!? to god Gogeta (purple) ? what . Frieza will never learn will he

@angelo I would assume it meant it would be more powerful just because they're more in sync. I'm sure they're slowly un-fusing overtime within that thirty minute period and they probably get less time as they drain more power through the forms. The SSJ God form was so stressful on the body that once Goku completely dropped that state, he was about to pass out. That's why at the end of Battle of Gods he told Vegeta that he could go ahead and do it next time. The best thing for the Saiyans to do is work on their base form, since the SSJ form was a multiplier. That's why Goku came up with the idea of making the SSJ form their base in the Cell Games, since they could conserve as much energy as possible. It's like working to control an adrenaline rush. The more adrenaline you use you could be stronger and faster, but once you crash-you crash hard! That energy didn't come from nowhere! Apparently Vegeta mastered it better than anyone in Battle of Gods.

On a side note, I think it's pretty funny that Goku's sons keep stealing his gi!

I'm not necessarily sure they would be more in sync in that regard. It seems that the Fusion is just as strong until the last second without any power decrease. The only advantages of the Potara earrings, to me at least, is that it's a permanent status rather than a time limit status and it will always form a perfect fusion. Where as a Fusion, by dance, has a time limit and has the disadvantage of a failed Fusion if the dance were done wrong. That's the implication I had from Old Kai's dialogue because he started off about how the Fusion dance is more of a nuisance, which I believe was because there's so many potential complications and things that could go wrong, let alone that it takes time to perform the dance.

It wasn't until after Goku stopped Beerus' attack where he was about to pass out. He dropped the Super Saiyan God form during his fight with Beerus but was still able to continue. It seems that Goku can transform into a Super Saiyan God at any time now, right?

Yeah, Gohan was the perfect example of that adrenaline rush. I'm still not sure that I understand how Vegeta was able to stay in a basic Super Saiyan form with all that power rather than transforming further.

God Goku(red) and God Vegeta(blue) FUSION!? to god Gogeta (purple) ? what . Frieza will never learn will he

Beerus only used 70% of his power against Super Saiyan God Goku. There will need to be two Super Saiyan Gods to actually take out Frieza and that might not even work so they'll have to fuse. It's a theory but it'd be cool to see Gogeta again.

Hey, you could be right man! It certainly is plausible!

It's just temporary. I believe Goku's body had a sort of "muscle memory," so that's why he was able to utilize the God power. Then when he does that last attack where he uses the God mode, he used it up completely. That's how the Saiyans were able to kill the original. There's no way they could compete with that kind of power otherwise.

At the end of the movie, Vegeta demands that he gets to be the Super Saiyan God next time. Goku responds by saying that he can have it, but it's really exhausting. I have to go pop in my Blu Ray for the exact subtitles. A lot of the clips on youtube are a bunch of illegal copies with fan subs. Which by the way guys, it's been on sale on Amazon for $17.99 for awhile now. Maybe it will be cheaper on Black Friday, but I was happy to get my copy a few weeks ago.

Majin Vegeta perfected that attire for me. Everything seemed to work so well visually.

For Super Saiyan God Gogeta? They'll have Goku and Vegeta. If the speculation that Vegeta becomes one is true based off of the poster.

No you need 5 saiyans to give up their power to a sixth who then becomes a god. We had 6 saiyans exactly. Vegeta would have to attain god power without necessitating the others, like goku...

I don't see that happening and then fusing all in one film...

Super Saiyan God can be Gogeta, the missing Saiyan may be the brother of Vegeta, which is brought through the teleportation of Goku :clap

Problem solved :lecture

Hopefully the following movies have these titles: Revival of C(ell) & Revival of M(ajin) B(uu) :pray:

:wave

Oh **** Tarble, hadn't thought of that. i'd hate it cause I think it's bs that he exists, but it is toriyamas isn't it? Wasn't there something that made tarble canon?

Good pull though Orbit.

I tend to see Vegetas boost as being akin to when we humans get angry for that very reason. The adrenalin can make you much stronger for a short time, proven. There are cases of people being able to lift things like cars when their loved ones are in danger.

Also I was willing to accept Vegetas excuse that the armor was saiyan formalwear (from the special with his brother) and since BoG has Bulmas birthday it would still count, even though its essentially laziness on Toriyamas part, but this new armor makes no sense!

Oh **** Tarble, hadn't thought of that. i'd hate it cause I think it's bs that he exists, but it is toriyamas isn't it? Wasn't there something that made tarble canon?

Good pull though Orbit.
Yep, he was mentioned in BoG. I guess that could also make Bardocks specials canon too, since the same guy made them.

Didn't one of you guys win this auction a while back?

52670-1.jpg

Back