S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I brought up the SSJ3 Goku discussion since it was buried a little >.> so...topic change! I mentioned that I had an attachment to my old non-Figuarts SSJ3 Goku, did you all have any attachments to any toys, DBZ or not, when you were young?

In the early 90's I used to collect these little figures called Z-Bots. They made hundreds of these things, but my absolute favorite was this guy (which I still own till this day)

dcp_0038.jpg

I think I brought up the SSJ3 Goku discussion since it was buried a little >.> so...topic change! I mentioned that I had an attachment to my old non-Figuarts SSJ3 Goku, did you all have any attachments to any toys, DBZ or not, when you were young?
I had the Super Battle collection "Perfect Son Goku"

He had interchangeable arms, normal head, SSj, SSj2, and SSj3 :D

I got it for Christmas when I was 10! That was the first DBZ figure I got. I wanted him to have joints, but it was beautiful regardless.

I still have many of my toys from when I was a kid. My beast wars transformers, my Marvel Legends (toybiz one, the only true marvel legends)

Yeah, other than a few wants, like knee joints, Super Saiyan 4 Goku looks ready to be mass produced.
I think the knee joints look great, not that multi-segmented carved out look that Trunks and Krillin have.

I do really need Buu to have longer legs though. It wouldn't take much tooling either.

I remember Sideshow's very own PwnStar telling us a while ago that Tamashii actually has created dozens of prototypes "behind the scenes." I'm willing to bet each & every character we see on these polls already have a physical prototype.

I would believe that. Hm, how similar is Gohan's head/face from Great Saiyaman to Ultimate? Is there a very noticeable difference?

Okay fine then I'll take ten.

That sounds pretty close to the number of ones that I'll be purchasing.

I think the knee joints look great, not that multi-segmented carved out look that Trunks and Krillin have.

I do really need Buu to have longer legs though. It wouldn't take much tooling either.

I disagree. I think for a Dragon Ball Z color based Goku it works but it doesn't work for his GT attire because it's a brighter color. It just seems to be a "missing piece" every time I look at it. Maybe it's the pose but I would much rather have the figure be developed with knee joints.

Edited: It's not a make-or-break deal to me though. I just think it could improve. That's not going to stop me from buying a lot of him.

In the early 90's I used to collect these little figures called Z-Bots. They made hundreds of these things, but my absolute favorite was this guy (which I still own till this day)

View attachment 144426

Thank you for the memories. I still have every single 90's toy that I have ever owned, they are all at my parents house. I will be there this weekend and if I remember, I will post a picture of my favorite Z-Bot.

this one was my favorite toy! :rock

rhinox.gif

Ha, of beastwars mine was the pteradon guy, in flashy red. I've never been much into transformers though. Only beastwars a bit.

And that twin action vegeta's getting is really hot mrpiccolo!:lol

If I'm not mistaken somebody had the zero piccolo, could that, or any other, person post a picture of zero and the normal piccolo side by side?

I know how you feel! I've had Perfect Cell for awhile and decided to save up the money and buy an SDCC Gohan so I can finally have an interaction between the two. Still haven't perfected it but I'm still trying to think of ideas.

Yeah, definitely! No worries, take your time. I'm looking forward to them! It's awesome when people share their displays/shelves.

Here's mine...

View attachment 144275

They're in a state of limbo at the moment. I need one more stand to complete the Trunks/Androids display I have in mind, minus the background.

Looking good man! The androids are my favorite there, but I also really like Vegeta clutching his chest.

Looking good man! The androids are my favorite there, but I also really like Vegeta clutching his chest.

Thanks. I put an order for more stands so hopefully by the end of next week I'll finally be able to do more poses rather than all of them on the ground. Yeah, Vegeta clutching his chest just kind of fell that way when I was messing around with it. I was more impressed how he was able to stand up with one of his feet only using the top boot tip on the ground.

You know guys, on the tomopop news article on Tamashiis recent big J!zzfest, they state "Again, some of these figures may never actually see release and only exist as proof of concept or for display purposes."

And I'm thinking, it could be that they've already DECIDED upon what we're getting this year and INSTEAD showed us stuff to gauge how the interest is...

From that perspective things change quite a bit, because then these reveals make sense. Do people want a sparring partner for Vegito? Do people want Ultimate Gohan and if so, a sparring partner for him? And is there GT interest?

Although our history with DBZ SHF doesn't particularly make a case for it, it's kinda true that beyond Vegito nothing is confirmed. We might very well get a different line up then exactly what they've shown now. I mean, we got a lot of stuff before we got goku but we've known him all the time.

I'm not saying it's in the line of expectancy, but just throwing it out there, it is true that nothing of these reveals are actually confirmed releases except Vegito and 16.

Haha, Tamashii trolling the fanbase once again...

I'm calling their bluff. I'm 86% sure we'll get all those figures at some point.

Now that I think about it, nations events are notorious for showing figures that never seen production, the most obvious being the sentai line. I can think of at least a dozen, possibly more figures that were shown "finished" and never heard of again.

So my point is, if you really want a figure they just showed like Buuhan or ssj4 Goku, make sure they hear you, or they might never be seen again.

^ Oh look, I suddenly randomly thought of ssj4 goku.

Seriously though I think gohan is a lock. They cheaped out on goku, theyll do it now, I dont see why they wouldn't. But buuhan/tenks Im not sure about. That said, probably this is our line up. It does tie to vegito. 3(.5)of4 that is.

The manga vegito hair still baffles me. Wouldn't be surprised if he became the sdcc repaint next year.

I really have no idea for this year's Im bracing for no sdcc ex at all.

Back