S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont show me that Krillin Crisis, still gets me annoyed :lol he looks so much better just in general colours, that was a ssj3 style muck up there.

I use anime island for everything now, they mark down if you ask. Only thing I will say is that posting the item wont be sent out before their date, like some places, they wait until they are allowed to.

3b4d053b0c6a390364ecdcabed84ceed.jpg

Well, datong scouter came and im not very impressed to be honest. He is still miles above the usual bootleg but compared to his datong ssj Vegeta their QC had plummeted. He is missing paint apps, the paint that is there is badly done, his faces dont fit on the scouter hair and he came with two left feet, literally :lol

Unless you plan on doing what I did and make a namek saga custom out of him dont bother folks, he isnt a patch on the real one, wheras the ssj version is difficult to tell the difference.

I can confirm some Barnes and Nobles have gotten Android 17, I saw for myself.

Outside the US they've never crossed 3 weeks of delivery time and they mark down. Think same for Anime Island.

Yup

I usually buy my SHFiguarts at Toy arena, Animeking or Anime Island by USPS shipping (the cheapest one Btw ). and the delivery time usually takes a week or even less (Spain/Europe)

Last edited:
I got my Datong Scouter Vegeta and agree. While I won't see the quality has "plummeted". It's still not as a good as the SSJ Vegeta. The paint job on mine was overall not too bad and pretty crisp. He can hold his scouter in pretty well along with several poses. Doesn't seem to have the "loose leg" syndrome of the original but I hear a variety of quality issues across the Bootlegs. They are Bootlegs afterall.

First thing I did: Swap his boots for SSJ Vegeta's. Now SSJ Vegeta has painted boot tips. :rock

The box is huge and actually looks VERY sloppy compared to quality of the SSJ box. You can see pixels where they just increased the size of graphics and they even did a poor job of covering the Tamashii logo with Datong's.

Nonetheless, he looks great next to the other Figuarts and if you don't want to pay the price for the original, go with the Datong. He's also good for getting that regular Vegeta head if you want one.

Biggest difference I see are the boot tips.

Good find. They completely went by me.

What kind of repaint would Normal Goku need to be anime correct?

Datong's Super Saiyan attempt wasn't that difficult because the actual Super Saiyan Vegeta S.H. Figuart wasn't as diffcult as Scouter Vegeta in regards to overall production. Datong provided EVERYTHING from Scouter Vegeta and was able to keep the price under $40. I thought it was a pretty darn good attempt.

manga colors...

325px-GokuPowersUp1%28ColorManga%29.png

anime colors....

180px-GokuAfterFightingVegetaBuuSaga.png

a darker gi :wave

i would prefer a klylin repaint more though

No offence but you guys don't get it, god goku wont be the sdcc ex beacuse it would be cheap, it won't be that because it's an american convention and god goku is just as interesting to japan as to us. Maybe even more.

It's simple: sdcc exes will be stuff that NOT that interesting to japan. That's pretty much simply the anime.

An anime repaint of reg Goku or Vegito is all I can think of now. If they were up to repaint ssj vegeta, why arlian vegeta last time? Makes no sense to me.

But it wont be something that japan will want too, which means it'll basically have to be beholden to the anime. Think of colours, or fillers. Or Nappa.
The SDCC will be either a brighter green cell or if allowed anime ss3 or GOD goku sorry silirian lol. SDCC are Strickly repaints so get nappa outta ur mind lol

Thats all well and good if they kept to that blood, but as we seen from Goku......

Plus, he has manga eyes, so argument mute :lol

I wish there was a website where it showed the anime and manga versions of each character. This ***** is getting too confusing for me, especially after hearing that there's manga EYES. I knew about Krillin's eyes but that was it.

If there was a poll on which character everyone would want as next year's SDCC EX, SSj3 Goku will prolly win. I just wish they would include some extra faces..

If there was a poll on which character everyone would want as next year's SDCC EX, SSj3 Goku will prolly win. I just wish they would include some extra faces..

The only possibility, which actually isn't that bad even though the release dates are terribly far apart, would be to include them as accessories for Kid Buu's packaging. Maybe Tamashii can show some goodwill and decide to let Super Saiyan 3 Goku be re-released around Kid Buu.

Hello everyone,

new to figuarts collecting here and i'm looking to buy a MISB Frieza but i've encountered some inconsistency in the packaging that I wanted to run by you guys first.

From what I understand, real SHF figures come in a box with "Dragonball Z" logo script underneath the window. I'm unaware of a high-quality bootleg release of Frieza but I have come accross sealed boxes with both "Dragonball Z" and the "Dragonball Kai" logos under the window.

Is a "Dragonball Kai" Frieza still authentic?

UtwbTmSwKkP.1afCEvpJIA.jpg

Bandai-S.H.-Figuarts-Final-Form-Frieza-Box-e1372083088786.jpg

Welcome!

I didn't think there was a high-quality bootleg of Frieza. I would say either one is good.

Edited: I believe the Dragon Ball Z Kai Frieza is a Japanese version. Don't those have the logo actually printed on the box?

No that's a legit Frieza Android 20. The asian releases don't care for the Z because toriyamas manga is simply dragonball all the way through. And these figures were made in light of the Kai version of the series. So the asian releases are branded the original DBKai. And for us western fans, because we know Z mostly, they put a sticker over it.

As you can see by the text, the frieza box without a sticker has asian characters. There's no frieza knockoff as far as I know.

No that's a legit Frieza Android 20. The asian releases don't care for the Z because toriyamas manga is simply dragonball all the way through. And these figures were made in light of the Kai version of the series. So the asian releases are branded the original DBKai. And for us western fans, because we know Z mostly, they put a sticker over it.

As you can see by the text, the frieza box without a sticker has asian characters. There's no frieza knockoff as far as I know.

That's some pretty cool information to know.

Already ordered two! :lol

Back