ROTK Complete Recordings coming NOV 6!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lembas Eater

I Need More Tolkien!!!!
Reaction score
We've been waiting for news on this and now its official. Howard Shore's RETURN OF THE KING: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS will be released November 6. It will have all of the film's 3 hours and 50 minutes of music on four discs. Like the previous releases it will have a fifth disc, the entire album on a single audio DVD.

Once again, it will contain extensive liner notes by Doug Adams, whose book on the LOTR soundtracks will be coming next year. Also next year will be a disc of rarities.

Here is the press release:
https://www.howardshore.com/news/pressreleases/lotr-rotk.html

and thanks to the MovieMusic.com message boards where Doug actively participates!
https://www.moviemusic.com/mb/Forum1/HTML/015404-22.html

Cool! I will have to get this for sure!! I love the music from LOTR and listen to it a lot on the road trips we have during basketball.

I am definitely getting this. The first set was $60, and the second jumped up to $75 without adding an additional disc as we have with the third set, so I am guessing that the MSRP will be pretty close to $100--but I still think it will be worth the high price tag.

All right! I've been waiting for them to finally release it. Right around my birthday too sure makes it easy for my wife to get me a gift.

I am definitely getting this. The first set was $60, and the second jumped up to $75 without adding an additional disc as we have with the third set, so I am guessing that the MSRP will be pretty close to $100--but I still think it will be worth the high price tag.

I'm thinking $85-90 or so. It will be worth it. The LOTR music is some of the best soundtrack music ever. This and the SW stuff I find personally relaxing to listen to.

Me too:eek: Anyone seen the cover?

rotk_box_set_091207-300.jpg

No but the others match the special edition releases of the Theatrical Edition, and Doug did indeed hint that this one will be "green".

Sadly, they don't match. The ROTK SE movie cover was blue. The Complete Recordings TT was blue and the Complete Recordings of ROTK is Green.

No, they don't match the DVDs, they match the color of the Limited Ed of the SOUNTRACK CDs. I do wish they had followed the film colors as well, especially since its easier to associate the blue with Gondor as, sort of a royal color, I guess.

Thanks for the pic, Pixeltwin!

For the past few months I've been playing the first two at home on my computer (with amazing Bose speakers), in my car, and at work. Sometimes I play the single ROTK disc afterwords, sometimes i just stop with the two CRs.

I am really stoked for this!

No, they don't match the DVDs, they match the color of the Limited Ed of the SOUNTRACK CDs. I do wish they had followed the film colors as well, especially since its easier to associate the blue with Gondor as, sort of a royal color, I guess.

Thanks for the pic, Pixeltwin!

For the past few months I've been playing the first two at home on my computer (with amazing Bose speakers), in my car, and at work. Sometimes I play the single ROTK disc afterwords, sometimes i just stop with the two CRs.

I am really stoked for this!

I do the same thing. :lol Right now I have the Complete FotR and TTT followed by the regular ROTK. It'll due for now, but come november, I think I'll be deleting the regular. :D :rock

Are these up on Amazon yet? I didn't see them last night when I looked. I want to get my order in.

Back