ROTK Complete Recordings Nov 6??? My Ring it is!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like the price went up a little bit. might have to wait on this some more. "into the west" has got to be the high point for me. but the "lighting of the beacons" is another that sent chills through me when i saw it in the theater those 3 or 4 times.

I think they upped it like $7.

Ordered all 3 :) I knew if I ordered the first 2, I would have to have The Return of the King as well. I didn't want to pay $200+ for it though. Got all 3 for less than that. Thanks for the link!

Looks like Amazon dropped it back down to $67.49 again, for those who didn't want to pay $75 bucks (like me). So I finally went ahead and ordered a copy! :rock

I've wanted this set since it came out, but never got around to ordering it. I've been watching Amazon and waiting for it to come back in stock. Eventually I'll pick up the other two sets, but considering the recent unavailability of ROTK I thought I better nab this one first, just in case.

Last edited:
Don't they give you the difference back if they lower it right after you order? I've tried that a couple of times.

Don't they give you the difference back if they lower it right after you order? I've tried that a couple of times.

Yeah, but it was easier to click a few buttons to cancel the order and reorder. I don't know if they would have given me the difference back if it sold out before they got my email for the refund.

I wonder if this guy snagged all of his copies from the recent Amazon cache.

Right before the cd's were back in stock on Amazon I had been watching ebay to see if any would pop up since everywhere else was sold out. The first one I found on ebay about a week agao sold for $270! Different seller though.

That restock at Amazon only lasted a few days, and I'm guessing that more than a few people noticed the going rate on ebay and grabbed a few extra copies to sell.

I'm glad I got one of them before they disappeared again - no way I want to pay secondary market prices like that.

I'm glad I got one of them before they disappeared again

Did you actually get it or were you just able to place an order? I'm asking because I ordered a copy fairly early when they popped up, but when I look at my order, it says:

Items not yet shipped:
Shipping estimate: May 6, 2008 - May 11, 2008
(replace May 6, 2008 by any "today" date, it just keeps getting pushed back) :confused:

Its very strange that they can't print more copies of the album, can't they?

Strange, indeed. I wonder if there were manufacturing (quality) issues? Apart from my scratched DVD I heard of other quality issues with DVDs and the cases.

Did you actually get it or were you just able to place an order? I'm asking because I ordered a copy fairly early when they popped up, but when I look at my order, it says:

(replace May 6, 2008 by any "today" date, it just keeps getting pushed back) :confused:

Yeah I was able to actually get a copy. It just shipped yesterday (Monday) and should be here in a few days. I ordered on May 1st and chose the free shipping, which is why it took a few extra days to ship. Prior to shipping it said it would ship on May 6th and it kept going in and out of stock on Amazon for the next couple of days, so I was a bit worried I might get stuck.

Did you choose the free shipping or normal shipping? The free shipping can delay it a few days, but I think as long as it says "item in stock" when you order you should be fine. It's strange that it keeps getting pushed back though. Has your card been charged? Mine was a few days after the order was placed, which was confirmation to me that the order was solid.

I would check to see if your card was charged and then would consider contacting Amazon for an update if there doesn't seem to be a change in the shipping status.

Did you choose the free shipping or normal shipping? The free shipping can delay it a few days, but I think as long as it says "item in stock" when you order you should be fine. It's strange that it keeps getting pushed back though. Has your card been charged? Mine was a few days after the order was placed, which was confirmation to me that the order was solid.

No such thing as free international shipping, I'm afraid. :eek: I placed my order April, 30th, so there's still hope.

My card has not been charged yet, but Amazon never has charged me before my orders have shipped.

I'll give it until the end of the week and then contact them.

Back