ROTK Complete Recordings Nov 6??? My Ring it is!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i heard the reason they cant keep up with demand with these is because of the box which is completely hand crafted. they can only make em in small batches. its too bad if people are just buying these out to make a profit on ebay. id say hold out cuz im sure more will be on the way.

No such thing as free international shipping, I'm afraid. :eek: I placed my order April, 30th, so there's still hope.

My card has not been charged yet, but Amazon never has charged me before my orders have shipped.

I'll give it until the end of the week and then contact them.

Oh yeah, didn't notice you were from Switzerland when I typed it - it was still too early in the morning here. :eek:

Since I usually use my Visa bank card when ordering from Amazon, the authorization appears on my account about 24-48 hours prior to shipment, though it isn't actually charged until the ship date. A regular credit card probably wouldn't show the authorization the same way.

Hopefully your copy will ship out soon.

thecraw said:
i heard the reason they cant keep up with demand with these is because of the box which is completely hand crafted. they can only make em in small batches. its too bad if people are just buying these out to make a profit on ebay. id say hold out cuz im sure more will be on the way.

If the packaging is handmade that would account for the slower production, but I'm still surprised this set is so hard to find right now. Hopefully it won't be that way for long. I agree though - no need to pay $200+ for this.

If the packaging is handmade that would account for the slower production, but I'm still surprised this set is so hard to find right now. Hopefully it won't be that way for long. I agree though - no need to pay $200+ for this.

Especially when you can download the whole thing from iTunes for $24.99.

Especially when you can download the whole thing from iTunes for $24.99.

Having the actual package is still quite different isn't it? :cool:

But when you listen to the complete Complete Recordings - as in all discs from Fellowing to ROTK... on your mp3 player - its quite an experience... I am now able to picture the scene for most of the tracks I am listening to... cool!

Mine arrived today. Very happy with it. Glad was able to get the complete set.

Just got this message from Amazon:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered

Howard Shore (Composer) "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the
King (The Complete Recordings) [Soundtrack] [Box set] [Collector's
Edition]"

Still want it? We'll keep on trying. To keep your order for this item open, please click the link below. Otherwise, we'll cancel your order on June 11 2008, if we haven't located it by then.

:monkey4 :mad: :banghead

Thats basically what happened with me with Amazon in the UK - kept getting messages saying that they were trying to get it and then finally that they had cancelled the order. Ended up getting it from Amazon in the US the first time around - I guess it will come up again, and as has been said before its definitely worth waiting for - good luck to everyone thats ordered!!

It's just strange that I did place my order when it was still listed as "in stock" and before other members here have ordered theirs (and they goth theirs)... :(

That's really weird. I hope you guys can find it; the box and the booklet add so much to it! I'm crazy about musical composition and all that so the little work they included is tremendously interesting to me. I love them, and I hope you can all get your hands on one soon!

That's really weird. I hope you guys can find it; the box and the booklet add so much to it! I'm crazy about musical composition and all that so the little work they included is tremendously interesting to me. I love them, and I hope you can all get your hands on one soon!

I do have the 3 boxes already and they are great, indeed. I was just looking for a replacement for my scratched DVD. I'm still not too worried that I will get a new box *one day* - it's just odd how Amazon is handling these...

That is strange - sorry to hear you guys have been having problems getting your copy. I've been so busy with end of the semester projects this past week that I never had a chance to post and say that I received my set all in good order - no issues, scratches, etc. I'm really glad I was able to get a hold of a copy.

This is the first of the complete LOTR recordings I've splurged on and it won't be the last - awesome set. I hope those of you still trying to get a copy are able to find one.

The Two Towers is sold out too now:monkey2 And FOTR is down to about $36:banana I hope i didnt miss out on them. Don't feel like buying the first one if the other two are not coming back.

What the hell is happening with this soundtrack?

There's this guy who is selling ROTK Complete Recordings on a regular basis for like at least two months now!! Where is he getting these from? Check out vendor "droopymccool".

https://cgi.ebay.com/LOTR-RETURN-OF...kparms=72:552|39:1|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

He is currently selling TEN copies, and he's been selling them for some time!

At least the price has dropped from $160 to around $100. Still, why does this guy have it and Amazon doesn't?

Beren

Back