rorschach - speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cr`

Super Freak
Reaction score
ap_20090609030608552.jpg.jpg

since it's been hinted this could be next for hottoys, i thought it's time for discussion already.

i'll start... the blot mask. will it be made of cloth and hence removable from the head or will it be a separate sculpted head altogether? if they go with the 'stocking' mask no doubt they have to do the pullback hair, ala BR joker.

i'm for the clothed mask also. i just hope the fact that the figure looks too simple, seemingly too easy to do, doesnt make hottoys underestimate the process. it will be hard to botch this figure.

I hope he comes with multiple masks allowing for a variety of "expressions" that would facilitate your display preferences.

I agree with the multiple masks, he doesn't really have too many essential accessories other than the ones that came with the DCD. Maybe a can of beans for fun, but I'd say a cloth mask would be essential for making poses like half masked Rorschach. But I could also see them going the route of alternate heads, a Walter head and maybe two extra Rorschachs. I'm not exactly sure what would be cheaper, a simple head w/ simple paint or a real cloth accessory.

I'd pefer a detailed cloth looking plastic head. While the DC one looks good, IMO a solid head would look so much better.

I'd go for a non removable cloth mask attached to the head, swappable with an unmasked head. Maybe two or 3 versions of the masked head.

The idea of multiple cloth masks sounds great, but only if they can make a cloth mask that fits really well and looks great too.

Besides that I would like to see a bloody Smiley-button and perhaps some special hands which fit in his coatpockets, so there is the posing option like in the picture in the first post.

That's probably the pose I would pose him in, maybe its even possible to remove the hands and put the "stumps" in his pockets to create that effect...

I'd go for a non removable cloth mask attached to the head, swappable with an unmasked head. Maybe two or 3 versions of the masked head.

Exactly what I am hoping for. One head sculpt with a permanently attached cloth mask and one unmasked head.

Still hoping for variant/random inkblot patterns. You don't know what you will get until you get it in hand.

I'd love it if the mask could be pulled up to his nose like when he meets Dan and eats anything, but I can't imagine how any fabric at that scale could duplicate it convincingly.

And accessory wise I'm hoping for grappling gun, journal, and bloody pin as being necessary. Hopefully it could have sugar cubes, his lock picking case, New Frontiersman paper, hair spray can and matches, and maybe a bottle of Nostalgia.

Exactly what I am hoping for. One head sculpt with a permanently attached cloth mask and one unmasked head.

Still hoping for variant/random inkblot patterns. You don't know what you will get until you get it in hand.

Well if that variant thing ever happens. I hope I don't get the one with the Pen is ink blot.

I do think one prblem will be that he is too bulky. Rorschach wears a suit and the jacket. Lets hope they use thin matterial

:lecture:lecture

Total agreement. This was the biggest problem with the DCD version (for me). There are so many layers of clothing that he gets really bunched up around his neck. He's got his shirt, jacket, overcoat and scarf all coming together at the neck. And that makes it tricky to tuck the bottom of his mask under his chin. He definitely needs thinner materials.

Either that or a longer, unnatural looking neck, which would not be my choice!

The DCD version is pretty solid once you get him futzed and posed, but I've got crazy-high hopes for the HT version! Can't wait to see what they do with it!
:banana:banana:banana

I'd love it if the mask could be pulled up to his nose like when he meets Dan and eats anything, but I can't imagine how any fabric at that scale could duplicate it convincingly.

And accessory wise I'm hoping for grappling gun, journal, and bloody pin as being necessary. Hopefully it could have sugar cubes, his lock picking case, New Frontiersman paper, hair spray can and matches, and maybe a bottle of Nostalgia.

i want everything you said. :lol

seeing how bare and simple this figure is, hottoys might just give us at least half the things you mentioned above. and i'm definitely feeling multiple masks and two heads - one with normal hair, and one combed back so the shape wont look funny when donned the mask.

i have a nagging feeling that we wont get a bloody smiley button with anyone cause the smiley itself is trademarked and requires extra licensing. but i hope we get one!

Also i think id like the sculpted mask cause i think they (HT) can sculpt cloth pretty well, i have their RE4 chainsaw ganado, he wears a burlap sack over his head and the sculpt they did for the texture looks amazing and very real looking.

i have a nagging feeling that we wont get a bloody smiley button with anyone cause the smiley itself is trademarked and requires extra licensing. but i hope we get one!

Also i think id like the sculpted mask cause i think they (HT) can sculpt cloth pretty well, i have their RE4 chainsaw ganado, he wears a burlap sack over his head and the sculpt they did for the texture looks amazing and very real looking.

DCD Comedian had that smiley button. I think.

DCD Comedian had that smiley button. I think.

It did, but it doesn't look like the actual one to me, the mouth looks off on it.

But then again, it's from DC Direct, who own the rights to it

Back