Rook's Collectibles Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The BTS shots are so amazing. As are all the others! So impressive and inspiring.

Where do you get the backdrop photos? Are they SW related or just photos of snowy/desert/forest scenes etc?

Thanks, Roberto!

Where do you get the backdrop photos? Are they SW related or just photos of snowy/desert/forest scenes etc?

All of them are pulled from shutterstock.com. Even the ones of Mos Eisley. If you do a search in Shutterstock for Mos Espa, you'll get a selection of photographs of the actual set, which was left intact after the filming of Episode I.

I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it. Now that I looked again, great detail that adds to the overall feeling.

Thanks. It was mainly meant to distract from the stand under the Probe Droid. For the final image that they used, one of the graphic artists at Sideshow used photoshop to remove the stand, and to replace the legs. I don't criticize a lot, but it looked really bad.

Thanks for letting me know, I've really been struggling to find anything as big as those in your photos.

Edit: ah sucks. Looks like they've been taken off now.

Eisley, Espa brings up a few. Also Hoth and Endor. I just get a lot of Lego photos showing up.

Ah, interesting. Wonder why?

Here's another. I tried a different perspective that focused more on the Surfer and less on the board.

37160227562_454f706652_k.jpg

Last edited:
Just this once, I decided to try some Photoshop. I really like how it's working, so I might try it some more later.

37334796455_dece6dd990_k.jpg

Thanks, man!

A couple more from over the weekend. An unboxing/review/photo gallery of Donatello will be up on the Toys Will Be Toys channel on YouTube later today.

37299488431_af9fd0ffef_k.jpg

37290235361_a8b5679cd3_k.jpg

Nice job on the latest Poser vid.

Thanks, man. I'm pretty excited about the little things they're adding to it. Like that electric effect when transitioning between the final poses. Cool stuff.

Couple of new photos from over the weekend and this morning:

This Rogue PF has the distinction of being one of very few with perfect eyes on both heads. It used to be a prop on Big Bang Theory before I was able to get ahold of it.

37428369292_a38b1fcdb2_k.jpg

And, of course, Master Chief...

36788549783_58faacb914_k.jpg

Back