Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16)

What theories? It's fact that Disney ordered reshoots on a very large scale?
They were not happy. They pay the bills.
:dunno

Not sure what's a "conspiracy" about it ?

Good Lord.
facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif
I was joking. Chill.

What theories? It's fact that Disney ordered reshoots on a very large scale?
They were not happy. They pay the bills.

Not sure what's a "conspiracy" about it ?

They are doing more shooting, that's a fact.

How much they are shooting is merely speculation.

Out of curiosity I searched to see how significant TFA reshoots were. I didn't find much before I got distracted by the reports that the reshoots included a chrome stormtrooper whose armor could "cloak." :lol

Phasma is a predator, retroactively confirmed!

EW stuff

For one thing, it speaks to something Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy also tells EW: Vader's screentime is going to be limited. How limited, we don't know, but the fact that they're being so upfront about it now is probably an indication that it'll be very limited, indeed.

And for another, it brings us to the actual villain of Rogue One: Ben Mendelsohn's Director Orson Krennic. From the EW post:

The main antagonist of the story is Ben Mendelsohn’s Director Orson Krennic, an ambitious Imperial officer with Machiavellian tendencies who is eager to secure a place at the Emperor’s side. “There is a lot of palace intrigue going on in the Empire, with people conspiring to move up the ranks and sabotaging each other,” producer John Knoll says. “There’s not a lot of loyalty there.”

In other words, Krennic and Vader aren’t friends. They’re barely allies, and Krennic is understandably threatened by the Sith Lord. “Vader doesn’t really play by the rules,” says Kiri Hart, Lucasfilm’s chief of story development. “He’s present in the military structure, but he’s not beholden to it. He’s not accountable to anybody, really, except Palpatine.”

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the most information we've been given yet about Mendelsohn's character! As a card-carrying Mendelsohn enthusiast, this stuff is really exciting. I mean, we can assume that all this plotting and scheming does not turn out well for ol' Orson Krennic, but whatever: it's going to be fun seeing Ben Mendelsohn try and one-up Darth Vader. While wearing a luxuriant cape, no less!

The main antagonist of the story is Ben Mendelsohn’s Director Orson Krennic, an ambitious Imperial officer with Machiavellian tendencies who is eager to secure a place at the Emperor’s side.
Well rampant reshoot speculation aside, this is terrific news. As mentioned by Utah, he was so damn good in Bloodline. I'm glad he won't be a c-level, throw away character like Captain Plasma or Boba Fett.

Well rampant reshoot speculation aside, this is terrific news. As mentioned by Utah, he was so damn good in Bloodline. I'm glad he won't be a c-level, throw away character like Captain Plasma or Boba Fett.

No, but my money is on Vader taking care of him by the end of the film.

Given Kennedy's comments, I expect Vader will be in the film for about 30 seconds at the very end, doing something of that sort :lol

Still very curious why Forest's character photos that were just published look so different than how he appeared in the first teaser trailer.
The new look is great, much better in fact. Is this part of the re-do? Or do we see time passing in the movie, which seems unlikely given it's story line.

Perhaps the point of the reshoots was giving everyone 70s haircuts

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Still very curious why Forest's character photos that were just published look so different than how he appeared in the first teaser trailer.
The new look is great, much better in fact. Is this part of the re-do? Or do we see time passing in the movie, which seems unlikely given it's story line.

giphy.gif

2a6d499dedb0292334a809dc7d9b4ae9.jpg

51a0e95be02f0d7670bceb4f803dbd6f.jpg

a3774d8cf1ed5b59a214d6ce6b4f9800.jpg

cb4bf06493d2f93f89ab212c19fa7da5.jpg

Nice..........

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Those pics of the troopers in the water are cool.
Yeah man it's so cool! I can't wait!

d3c3e1bd73c352d1b546f4b363447c56.jpg

The troop looks like hrs holding a stormtrooper doll of some sorts

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm still trying to wrap my head around seeing them in water like that.

They're literally trying to do a Saving Private Ryan beach scene, but in reverse?

In one way they look absolutely ridiculous knee deep in water in their white armor but whatever I guess it works.

As long as its better than that horrendously bad droid and wookie cgi water battle in ROTS.

Back