Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16)

Disney will fix everything. I have faith

Absolutely. That's what started people digging for info into what was going on behind the scenes.
That also suggests a major story restructure and material change.

If they're sticking with the original launch date the changes can't be THAT drastic, can they? I guess they can replace all the dialogue/non-FX scenes fairly easily.

You heard it from me first months and months ago, this movie will be terrible. Everything about it looks bad. Glad Disney recognizes this.

I haven't been nearly as pumped for the anthology films as for the main episodes. Like many, I just wanna see a Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan flick (and maybe a Boba Fett one).

Actually it means it's *even worse* than the prequels... which I too liked and expect to rate above RO. But I'll also be happy to be proved wrong.

Actually it means it's *even worse* than the prequels... which I too liked and expect to rate above RO. But I'll also be happy to be proved wrong.

I can't think of much of anything worse than AOTC.

I think people are getting carried away by Internet rumor, but I guess some people love a car wreck. So much so that they are hoping for one.

The logistics of having to do massive reshoots on a film like this is staggering, fx work alone takes months and months, if the rumors were true this film would never make the December release dates. Remember, this is Star Wars, virtually every frame has fx work to be completed.

I think people are getting carried away by Internet rumor, but I guess somge people love a car wreck. So much so that they are hoping for one.

The logistics of having to do massive reshoots on a film like this is staggering, fx work alone takes months and months, if the rumors were true this film would never make the December release dates. Remember, this is Star Wars, virtually every frame has fx work to be completed.

Agreed but that's the interwebs for ya! :lol

I think people are getting carried away by Internet rumor, but I guess some people love a car wreck. So much so that they are hoping for one.

I'm with you on AOTC... but.. this..
It's not SW as you know it. So not every shot is VFX based. They used a huge percentage of real sets and non VFX elements in RO. Both to keep the budget down and to give it a "gritty" independent tone. Go look at that teaser again and count the VFX shots.

R:O was approached more as a high end TV show would be. And you can tell.
That's why when the trailer was released there was so much talk of it looking like a fan-film.
Disney wanted to make it smaller (cheaper) and different. I guess when they saw the cut they realised they didn't want it to be smaller (cheaper) and different.
:lol

still could be great though...

Last edited:

I just hope someone throws a thermal detonator at a Ree Yees for a Dark Forces nod.

I'm with you on AOTC... but.. this..
It's not SW as you know it. So not every shot is VFX based. They used a huge percentage of real sets and non VFX elements in RO. Both to keep the budget down and to give it a "gritty" independent tone. Go look at that teaser again and count the VFX shots.

R:O was approached more as a high end TV show would be. And you can tell.
That's why when the trailer was released there was so much talk of it looking like a fan-film.
Disney wanted to make it smaller (cheaper) and different. I guess when they saw the cut they realised they didn't want it to be smaller (cheaper) and different.
:lol

still could be great though...

:lol :lol :lol

I actually prefer it to have that distinction from the main episodes. They even went to the effort of putting "Star Wars" *after* the title.

I just read this on other magazines about how Disney exec's want to reshoot the movie. Why didn't they do this with DC? Money? Obviously Disney wants to protect their investment, but damn, reshooting is crazy. I feel bad for the movie crew and fx guys working overtime just so people wouldn't like it. It's a vicious circle.

Even if yu dont like the final results Warner Dc trust the director's vision and respect it.
Disney have comitees deciding everything, the director is just hired help.

Last edited:

Not really. WB turned MOS 2 into an overstuffed JL commercial.

Snyder had directives from Warner, set the JLA.
MOS 2 turned into BVS was Snyders idea, and seems it was decided like a day before the Comic con announcment.
He did it his own way. Now some think it worked other dont its another debate.
But no one stepped in and told Snyder What to do or replaced him with a ghost director, its did not happen on BVS and its not happening on JLA either even with all the noise about how dissapointed Warner supposed to be.
Warner always worked like that with Snyder (and a lot of other directors) he has a great relation with them.
Disney dont give two cents to the directors they hire.

Last edited:

Snyder had directives from Warner, set the JLA.
MOS 2 turned into BVS was Snyders idea, and seems it was decided like a day before the Comic con announcment.
He did it his own way. Now some think it worked other dont its another debate.
But no one stepped in and told Snyder What to do or replaced him with a ghost director, its did not happen on BVS and its not happening on JLA either even with all the noise about how dissapointed Warner supposed to be.
Warner always worked like that with Snyder (and a lot of other directors) he has a great relation with them.
Disney dont give two cents to the directors they hire.

Yeah I've read all that stuff on here. :lol

It's all third hand info at best. No sense arguing over which spin you want to be true. Let's just watch the movies. :duff

That is literally impossible. Nothing can possibly outdo Phantom Menace in terms of 'worse'

tumblr_nsl9zyqzoy1uqpywgo3_400.gif

Yeah I've read all that stuff on here. :lol

It's all third hand info at best. No sense arguing over which spin you want to be true. Let's just watch the movies. :duff

Cant see how Snyder would have the carreer he has at Warner with all those polarizing movies if they did not trusted him .
But yeah lets watch the movies ;)

Cant see how Snyder would have the carreer he has at Warner with all those polarizing movies if they did not trusted him .
But yeah lets watch the movies ;)

I agree with you there. He definitely has a good relationship with WB.

Back