RIP Prince

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well underrated as a guitarist. Sucks that I never saw any of his concerts.

He sometimes wrote songs for other people under a pseudonym, such as Christopher for “Manic Monday“ by The Bangles. The girls were flying in coach while he was in first class, one of them went up to him just to let him know how much they loved his work. Next thing they know a stewardess comes back to them with a napkin with the lyrics to their first hit song “Manic Monday“. They later contacted him to get the chords and they broke out as a band with that song. Genius. :lecture

I knew that song was his (and thanks for the list Darth) but I never knew that story to go with it... nice. :)

I was always 'meh' about his songs on release and invariably came to appreciate them years afterwards when my taste and sophistication caught up with his.

He was a pioneer, visionary and innovator.

A very sad loss.

Already done if you count Chyna and Doris Roberts.

No i don't. But i would count Bowie and Frey. Obviously Frey would be on a somewhat smaller scale but it was still Glenn ****ing Frey. Lemmy too.

It kills me reading a lot of millennials saying "so what, he wasn't relevant anymore" when all they have given us is..wait, who have they given us exactly? Oh that's right..NO ONE. lol

What a bunch of lazy entitled **** ups.

RIP

"Why don't you purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka?"

Dam this really sad news. An amazing artist. Rest in peace.

went to Rihanna's concert tonight, and she paid tribute to Prince

Damn, TMZ is reporting drugs were involved. He had an emergency landing a few weeks ago here in Illinois to be rushed to a hospital. His peeps spun it as he had a bad case of the flu. TMZ is saying it was drug related. ****, it kills me to see so many incredible people die over that ****.

Damn, TMZ is reporting drugs were involved. He had an emergency landing a few weeks ago here in Illinois to be rushed to a hospital. His peeps spun it as he had a bad case of the flu. TMZ is saying it was drug related. ****, it kills me to see so many incredible people die over that ****.

bad drugs or prescription?

bad drugs or prescription?
Scripts is what's being reported. Rich superstars can easily get multiple prescription drugs and if they don't know what they are doing, mixing them can be lethal. If the emergency landing in Illinois because of an OD is true, the signs were obviously there and he needed help.

Back