Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

sure, but every single LOTR item from SS, regardless how awesome, always takes awhile to gain value. In due time, but LOTR items are proven not to be flipper friendly unless they hold onto them for many many years.

I collected the original LOTR weta line from Sideshow and made good on several items, I did own and sold off at a good profit: balrog, aragorn, ringwraith on steed, gimli, galadriam archer. I sold the whole collection over time thinking I wanted to shift into the new PF line but I kind of regret it now because it seems so uncertain.

:thud: $800!?! :thud:

uhhh, think I'll have to pass on this one.

Sorry Sir, But coming from you that is a FAIL!!! You should step back into your AC, take a breath and cool down.... It seems the heat has caused POO to come from your mouth........:cuckoo:

I agree, the weta LOTR stuff lost value over time. Yes, first year or two was dead and then it took off like gangbusters. Heyday is gone. I still own most of the pieces because I love them, but not expecting high prices to come again unless Hobbit creates some excitement over Tolkien stuff. Can't count on that however.

I have never seen Lord of the Rings or ever desired to (too long) but I want this for its simply bad@$$.

Last edited:

Pablo is the bomb, he did a great job on this. I do think the horse is too small or the rider is too big, don't know the responsible party. Nevertheless, my only hesitation is the size of this thing, don't know where I can put it. I ran out of room long time ago. I have to sleep on this one. I'm glad I didn't get the speeder bike PF, it was way too big.

Wayhay, first post! And what a great time to join; Ringwraith on steed PF is something I've been looking forward to for ages!
I know everyone has been speculating the price/pose of this PF for quite some time, but it's interesting to hear peoples reactions to the final product.
I think I have to agree with some of you, that the horse is a little too reared. When I first saw the preview image that came out last week I was pretty psyched. It almost looked like he could have been captured 'mid-gallop'. I had images of it depicting the scene where the wraiths are chasing Arwen through the plaines and one wraith in particular reaches out, as if to grab Frodo. It might have been to do with the way the prewiew image was slightly angled, I'm not sure.
Other than that minor point, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. I just hope Sideshow can recreate that stunning paint-job for production.
Here's hoping! :pray::pray::pray:

I have a hunch that the horse's extreme vertical rearing stance is due to help ringwraith's fabric cloak "fall" properly. A more horizontal pose may have caused the fabric to fall & cover some of that kick-ass detail on the horse.

And I never see the PF fabrics on production pieces fall & fold as nicely, or look half as good as showcased on the proto, ever?! I suspect, that sadly, the same will apply to this, as the fabric elements will look awkward at best, in comparison to horse detail.

Though I generally don't collect PF (fabric) formats, this one is truly tempting, due solely to the great horse sculpt.

Price is also out of wack!:cuckoo: Shoulda been $550.00 tops! But with all of the squealing, overly excitable, truly blind collectors giving SS the green light to overprice???!!!:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: Days of fair pricing are gone;...............worse part is, we gave it away!:slap:thud:

Just can't help wonder how much better this statue would have been if it were 100% pure sculpt.:slap Would have allowed for a more natural pose for the horse, & a truly dynamically swirling, sculpted cloak with way more character. Don't believe it? Take a look at original SS/Weta version of wraith's sculpted cloak. Or, just take another look at fully sculpted horse.:thud:

The ARH medusa is stunning in person, i got the EX with the name plate and its one of the best statues i ever seen.

Really? Though massive, I recently had the chance to see this in person, & was very disappointed in the paint apps. In fact, I found them to be so bad that they effectively ruin the sculpt!? Tell me I'm wrong, as I would like to pick-up a few ARH pieces down the line.

Really? Though massive, I recently had the chance to see this in person, & was very disappointed in the paint apps. In fact, I found them to be so bad that they effectively ruin the sculpt!? Tell me I'm wrong, as I would like to pick-up a few ARH pieces down the line.

I have a Batman from ARH from a few years back. The paint apps on it are perfect. Maybe you just saw a bad one?

I wanted this in my collection but i will wait till SDCC

After star wars, marvel, DC, and street fighter, I promised I would not buy another line.

but this I could not resist. exclusive ordered!

Dont know.... that was my opinion of the peice... maybe my eyes are seeing something totally different to what your seeing... or as other guy said maybe you just saw a bad one :wave

Last edited:

After star wars, marvel, DC, and street fighter, I promised I would not buy another line.

but this I could not resist. exclusive ordered!

Congrats ambasah! Is this your first LOTR PF piece? You picked a great one to start with! :rock

I also nabbed the EX on FLEX, but you and I will have that 'extra' payment of $100 or so for import taxes to get this beast into Canada. Oh well, c'est la vie...

Back