Recast PFs, IM and dioramas (Xenomorph)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested in your rationale on this... are you trying to eliminate the possibility that a potential buyer from Singapore might be an alias of this particular crew of recasters, or are you making a broader assumption about character based on nationality?

I'm not sure how either really is an effective strategy in cutting down recasts, because, unless the item is far more limited than most Sideshow PFs/Comiquettes/Dios etc. these folks could easily obtain them elsewhere.

First off, I know of at least one member on here who's in balls deep with these guys, so he should probably be on everyone's list.

Second, for every one roach you see, there are 50 more that you don't.

Third, it's not just Singapore. I won't sell to buyers from China or Thailand either. France is on the list too, but that's political... Freedom fries for everyone :banana

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, I know of at least one member on here who's in balls deep with these guys, so he should probably be on everyone's sh-t list.

Third, it's not just Singapore. I won't sell to buyers from China or Thailand either. France is on the list too, but that's political... Freedom fries for everyone :banana
I am just wondering why the recaster would have posted in this "sideshow" forum. I believe that those buying recasts are not real collectors, but just want a piece of the figure with the same pose, but of course not the same quality. that was what they paid for. Real collectors should not be affected as the original piece they own should not decrease in value. Just keep buying originals and ignore recasts. There is no way to truely eliminate those recast as long as there is demand out there. Just my thoughts.

I am just wondering why the recaster would have posted in this "sideshow" forum. I believe that those buying recasts are not real collectors, but just want a piece of the figure with the same pose, but of course not the same quality. that was what they paid for. Real collectors should not be affected as the original piece they own should not decrease in value. Just keep buying originals and ignore recasts. There is no way to truely eliminate those recast as long as there is demand out there. Just my thoughts.

Ok...the problem is that 99% of recasters sell their recasts as originals. Yup, I should have just ignored the recast when I bought a reallygood recast of the IronMan Comiquette that was sold to me as orginal. :banghead

Recasting completely screws the legitimacy of entire lines, cheats the original producer, steals from collectors who believe they are getting something authentic, and is fraud. Plain and simple. From someone who has gotten butthurt by a recaster, and thus affected, there is no way to defend recasting in any sense nor is there anyway to say "ignore recasts and just buy original" when recasters try to pass their garbage off as authentic.

First off, I know of at least one member on here who's in balls deep with these guys, so he should probably be on everyone's sh-t list.

OK, so now I no longer have to take anything you say seriously from this point on. I'll avoid applying appropriate labels (that begin with the letter 'r') to this sort of attitude as it would be wasting my time, but I will ask: isn't it sort of, well, DUMB to refuse to sell an item to people from the country where it was manufactured in the first place?

Recasters suck; prejudice sucks too.

(If I'm misinterpreting here feel free to correct me, but it seems like what you're saying here is pretty clear.)

Last edited:
Hey fellas
Did some snooping around
He TRIED to SELL me a statue, but I was reconsidering. saw so much of his WIPs..his reposed statues are great and all, but hard to tell if his PFs are the real thing...
here's his card: SIC HIM!!!!!

I'm not by any means what Singaporeans will call a 'sabo king' but art is art, SSC has done so much and gone thru great lengths to produce those magnificent statues, they can and must never be defiled in that way. My stance is clear, resculpters shouldn't be allowed to exist.
wishful thinking, but still.

This is why I say order direct,a nd you don't have to worry about these problem. I could care less about recasting, because I positive that my statues are the real deal. That's what happen when people try to get something for nothing. You have to take the good with the bad!

Hey fellas
Did some snooping around
He TRIED to SELL me a statue, but I was reconsidering. saw so much of his WIPs..his reposed statues are great and all, but hard to tell if his PFs are the real thing...
here's his card: SIC HIM!!!!!

I'm not by any means what Singaporeans will call a 'sabo king' but art is art, SSC has done so much and gone thru great lengths to produce those magnificent statues, they can and must never be defiled in that way. My stance is clear, resculpters shouldn't be allowed to exist.
wishful thinking, but still.

Oh snaaaaap...email this to that sideshow fraud address! I'm sure this is more than enough to get them in a world of trouble.

I am not the one with the anti national attitude. I say live and let live. I am all for shutting down recasters though.

Does anyone think singapore authorities would waste there time on a small time recaster or care even? Maybe they do but I doubt it. Im sure everyone who is totally against recasting also has never downloaded a song illegally right?

I havnt purchased one myself but as long as its not sold as the real deal and has something to distinguish it then no biggie

I do agree with Binny here though, most illegal recast operations seem to come from Asia (Singapore, Thailand, etc.)

Same area where many counterfeit electrical parts come from.

No problem S. Sorry about that. I just love to debate. :) With regard to these guys they are well known to the SF mods. I can see if we can provide some info to the Admin here.

But just be aware there are recasters everywhere.

Back