Recast PFs, IM and dioramas (Xenomorph)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If these statues and items were NOT limited, no one would be paying hundreds of dollars for them. The price point of these includes the fact that these are "limited" to protect your investment as once it is sold out, it is gone forever unless you can get one from someone who has it.
You're certainly describing the mentality of some collectors, but most collectors I know are more interested in owning a cool piece of art then they are in "protecting their investment".

Then again, maybe it's just you statue people. I don't get you guys. *Plays with his Hot Toys Predator figures.*

You're certainly describing the mentality of some collectors, but most collectors I know are more interested in owning a cool piece of art then they are in "protecting their investment".

Then again, maybe it's just you statue people. I don't get you guys. *Plays with his Hot Toys Predator figures.*

:lol:lol:lol yeah we are a wierd bunch aren't wee.

if they kept making the same piece and flooding the market then it would be worth nothing. i would not want to 10,000 p.f. hulks out there..
the recasters need to be hunted down like the jedi and wiped out.. order 69...

Now that's just a stupid comment dude.
Don't stereotype a country cos' of a few bad apples.

i feel for the good collectors there bro
nowadays its rare to find an ebay listing from the far east thats not fake
too many bad apples

OH MY GOD
300 POSTS!!!
<-------------

:blissy

i feel for the good collectors there bro
nowadays its rare to find an ebay listing from the far east thats not fake
too many bad apples

OH MY GOD
300 POSTS!!!
<-------------
:blissy

300 posts? you should have put it in the leonidas pf thead, since you're a spartan and all

300 posts? you should have put it in the leonidas pf thead, since you're a spartan and all

I KNOW! damn!

Can Dave or another moderator perhaps delete one of my posts so I can post my 300th on the Leonidas thread?????

PWETTY PWEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

too late for that.

I won't sell to buyers from there anymore after all of this bs.

I'm interested in your rationale on this... are you trying to eliminate the possibility that a potential buyer from Singapore might be an alias of this particular crew of recasters, or are you making a broader assumption about character based on nationality?

I'm not sure how either really is an effective strategy in cutting down recasts, because, unless the item is far more limited than most Sideshow PFs/Comiquettes/Dios etc. these folks could easily obtain them elsewhere.

This is bull now i have to worry about buying fake statues geez these companies like sideshow should place some special code or tag on their products so we can tell there real and not recasted! whos with me lol

you are never going to be able to fully stop this...There is one thing that you can do..you must be an EDUCATED consumer. I feel bad for those of you who got duped by EBay sellers but knowing damn well about certain SSC pieces you know the risk involved. I myself find it easy to spot fakes and the such plus I know certain sellers etc. This forum is a wealth of great info use it.

All this talk about flooding the market with reissue after reissue sucks....talk about no value to our collectibles.

COA'S and holograms can be cracked..all they need is time...

Custom art is custom art...NOONE is going to tell me I can't repaint or change what I spent hard earned money on....and those of you for the mutant registry act....you're ^^^^ing nuts! Before you guys get your panties up your asses..I AM NOT for anyone getting LIED to with a FAKE passed off as REAL>>>BE SMART AND RESEARCH!!!

I really hate it when stuff like this happens, and I wish the guys that do this would get busted. If there was ever enough proof gathered, could it be brought to SS's attention maybe?

if something is popular and there is a large demand as well as profit to be made, there will be fakes. have you ever searched "jordans" on ebay? :sick

Back