RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Sherlock Holmes 5 out of 10. Maybe even a bit lower. I just really couldn't get into this movie. I thought it was rather boring.

Rambo 4 Blu-Ray on my brand new LED tv,what a freaking nice experience: 9/10

Clash Of The Titans remake 8/10

Thouroughly enjoyed this, which was a pleasant surprise. Was fantastic at what it was trying to be: a no nonsense action popcorn film.

Gemma Arterton was also stunning which helped. :drool

Last edited:

Clash Of The Titans remake 8/10

Thouroughly enjoyed this, which was a pleasant surprise. Was fantastic at what it was trying to be: a no nonsense action popcorn film.

Gemma Arterton was also stnning which helped. :drool

I just like your signature ................ I wanna be on her.

Alice in Wonderland 3D.

You know, one would think Tim Burton + Johnny Depp = good movie, but it was terribly disappointing. Flat, uninspired performances, a rushed - and yet somehow boring - plot, and a generic, CGI Lord of the Rings wannabe ending followed by a cringe-worthy few seconds of Johnny Depp dancing made for a waste of $20+ (me and the gf) plus popcorn money.

About half-way through I was thinking I had been tricked into thinking this was a Tim Burton directed film, and that it had only been produced by him... and I was wondering why he hadn't used Danny Elfman instead of whoever it was who had scored such a bland and generic "adventure" score... And then I saw the end credits. WTF happened here?

4/10.

Clash of the Titans (2010) - 7/10

I posted this review in the Clash of the Titans thread too, but I thought it fit in here as well. I saw this movie this afternoon and despite some flaws, I enjoyed the experience. Now, while I had a good time with the movie, I had a better time making Avatar references the whole movie. How could I not?

Anyways, the movie itself. As I recently stated in a review in this thread, I've seen the original and thought it was a campy, poorly acted mess with a good story. The remake is similar in some regards. Overall, I liked the original's handling of the storyline better. This remake streamlines everything for a modern (i.e. dumb) audience and provides plenty of action, but the original had more depth to it with a more nuanced cast of characters.

With regards to the acting, nobody stands out, even with big names like Ralph Fiennes, Liam Neeson and the new prodigal son of cinema, Sam Worthington. Now this is more likely due to a bland, uninspired script and not acting skills, and it isn't a huge deal seeing as this is an action movie, but I thought I'd mention it. There no Laurence Olivier performance here guys.

All that said, I enjoyed this movie far more than the original. It had some pacing issues and could have used a few more scenes of character development, but the action is very well done and effects are pretty top notch. I thought I was going to hate the Medusa scene from the clips I'd seen, but it turned out to be my favorite sequence from the movie.

Still, as much as we enjoyed it, my buddy and I couldn't stop making Avatar jokes the whole time. When Perseus meets Pegesus for the first time we were like "Make zahalu Jake!" And when one of the main characters dies we couldn't help but throw in a "Go with Aywa now!" At the end of film, while Perseus is atop Pegesus we let loose with a "Taruk Makdow!"

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON - 8/10

I was just dragged to this by my 7-year old daughter, and I expected to hate it. I didn't. As it is a Dreamworks production, I was expecting a lot of throw away pop culture references ala Shrek, but they are wholly absent, thankfully. I was pleasantly surprised to find it a fairly straightforward fantasy story, with engaging characters(although why Vikings are speaking with Scottish accents is beyond me) and a fair share of stirring sequences. On the whole, it's recommended.

What a piece of shat of a remake! No point rating. DO NOT WATCH. See the original film!
the_eye.jpg

I went to go see the remake of Clash of the Titans this afternoon. I give it a rating of 8/10.

Extract: 6/10

Pretty funny comedy, good cast and well acted. But it kind of seemed like the movie resolved to quickly/easily.

Legion 5/10

I agree with Valfar the ice-cream man was cool but granny was better.
I love Gabriel's weapon when he fights Michael.

Dexter Season 2: 10/10 Another awesome season of this amazing show!! Even better than season 1!! It was the first time on TV over here! I had never seen it before!!

Hot Tub Time Machine: 8/10...Loved it, I haven't laugh that hard in a long time...

Back