RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watchmen (Ultimate Cut) - 9/10
Whenever I think of comicbookmovies or superheromovies, this one always slips my mind for some reason. And that while being one of my favourites. I love pretty much everything about it.
I always thought it sucked HT never finished their Watchmen Line. I'd love for them to make a Nite Owl 2 figure.
I’ve always liked this, one of Snyder’s best imo and I’ve been compelled to rewatch it recently but the 4K edition seems to have vanished locally. I will have to try to track it down online.

Napoleon Dynamite - 7/10
It's a silly movie, but I really like it. It really has a lot of heart, feels like it's taking place in a simpler time and place and is just a fun escape.

Watchmen (Ultimate Cut) - 9/10
Whenever I think of comicbookmovies or superheromovies, this one always slips my mind for some reason. And that while being one of my favourites. I love pretty much everything about it.
I always thought it sucked HT never finished their Watchmen Line. I'd love for them to make a Nite Owl 2 figure.
They're both in my collection although I never got around to watch the Ultimate cut. Would you say it makes the theatrical version redundant?

I never saw this all the way through before tonight. Character designs don't blow me away but damn if Cameron doesn't know how to craft a good, fun story. I enjoyed the subtle callbacks to Aliens, as well.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but soosootoys has been doing some very nice, high quality watchmen figures. Hot toys quality based on the rorschach I have. They are supposedly doing night owl.
I was vaguely aware that they made a Rorschach figure, but I was surprised to see they made The Comedian as well. I found some pictures of an Ozymandias figure, but I don't think he's released yet. Found nothing of Nite Owl so far, but I am definitely going to keep an eye out.
It seems that Soosoo figures are kinda hard to get in Europe locally, though. I'm not a big fan of importing from China due to all the shipping and customs costs.

They're both in my collection although I never got around to watch the Ultimate cut. Would you say it makes the theatrical version redundant?
One the one hand it kinda makes the theatrical version redundant, because it has extra scenes and the whole Black Freighter story. But because of those additions it's quite a long watch. I believe it's more than 3.5 hours long. And that's the main reason I don't watch it that often. You have to have the time. So from that point of view the theatrical version is easier to watch. But the ultimate cut is pretty much the closest you get to the novel and the superior version in my opinion.

I was vaguely aware that they made a Rorschach figure, but I was surprised to see they made The Comedian as well. I found some pictures of an Ozymandias figure, but I don't think he's released yet. Found nothing of Nite Owl so far, but I am definitely going to keep an eye out.
It seems that Soosoo figures are kinda hard to get in Europe locally, though. I'm not a big fan of importing from China due to all the shipping and customs costs.

One the one hand it kinda makes the theatrical version redundant, because it has extra scenes and the whole Black Freighter story. But because of those additions it's quite a long watch. I believe it's more than 3.5 hours long. And that's the main reason I don't watch it that often. You have to have the time. So from that point of view the theatrical version is easier to watch. But the ultimate cut is pretty much the closest you get to the novel and the superior version in my opinion.
Yeah, the running time is definitely a big factor. I'm gonna take your advice though and go with the UC for my next viewing

Everything Everywhere All at Once 2/10 - I watched this when it was first released on DVD (borrowed from the library). Before the hype and whispers of award nominations. Watched with my kids and wife and we all agreed that this was a very painful long, long watch. We don't watch trailers so we had no knowledge of story, scenes, action sequences etc. After we watched I was trying to get into the mainframe of people watching and saying "Damn that was a great movie". I just don't understand. Still I wish "Ke Huy Quan" gets the Oscar because I always believed that the actor should have been nominated and won an Oscar for the character of "Short Round".

Last edited:
Barbarian.

3/10.

"Horror" isn't really my thing. I was kinda into it for the first half, but it lost my interest very quickly.
I watched this knowing nothing about it and it was OK. Certainly the first half had my attention. I do see this being a very frustrating movie to watch a second time however. Not sure how the repeat value will hold. Now Malignant was just "alright" upon first viewing but after seeing again for the third time I think it is well on its way to becoming a cult classic in 10-15 years!! I did feel like watching "TUSK" after Barbarian though!

The Hobbit Trilogy Extended Versions 8/10
First time watching Smaug and Armies. I watched Unexpected Journey years ago and wasn’t that keen on it and never watched the other two but finally coming back to them now obviously I’m back on the LotR train again. These films are such fun and so beautifully made. I’ve seen people rag on Martin Freeman but he’s terrific as Bilbo, constantly full of doubt but always ends up doing the right thing in his own inimitable way. And Richard Armitage is just brilliant. I’m guessing people felt he was Aragorn 2.0 but I never really felt that. He’s a really complicated character, feeling the weight of family history, dealing with his team and with Bilbo and with Gandalf, his quest, the factions, the enemies and the maybe enemies and when he finally gets to the Lonely Mountain, madness.

Plus these films have some of the craziest action I have seen. I don’t really get why the last one got an R rating. A few rolling Orc heads shouldn’t have got that surely?
Finally Legolas gets some amazing things to do in the last one and has got me hugely excited for a possible Inart announcement.
All in all a terrific group of films and considering the insane run time I am keen to watch again and I would put them juuust below the original LotR trilogy. In some ways these films improve on those (sacrilege I know) there is no awful twenty endings here.

Edit: realised I never finished a thought lol

Last edited:
Aladdin (2019) - 6/10
Wasn't half bad actually. My girlfriend wanted to watch this, but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

Hitchcock - 7/10
A very decent watch. Anthony Hopkins did a great job, as did all the rest of the cast.

Good Morning Vietnam - 7/10
First time I ever saw this. Not a bad watch, but I guess I expected something more of it, although I couldn't tell you what. Robin Williams doing his radio shows was just wonderful to behold.

Titan A.E. - 5/10
I always wanted to see this as a kid, but never managed to see it. After it's theatrical run back in the day it became quite obscure in these parts. Finally watched it last night and it was ok. The late 90's CGI stuff looks very dated and I think there were some not so great designs for ships and aliens.

Batman Returns 6/10
This might be blasphemy to some folks, but this isn't my kind of Batman movie. I felt like watching one of the Keaton Batman movies after the trailer of The Flash and Returns is the one that had been the longest time since I last saw it.
I think this movie is just as cheesy as the Schumacher ones, but less fun. Don't really like Keaton as Batman neither... Oh well, at least it'll save me money since I won't be wanting the HT Keaton figs.

Batman Returns 6/10
This might be blasphemy to some folks, but this isn't my kind of Batman movie.
Despite being born in 1980, and being a huge comic fan as a kid, I was never all that into the Burton Batman films and still am not. I love Batman and am a big Michael Keaton fan but those movies just didn't speak to me. I personally rank them way higher than the Schumacher movies, but frankly that's not saying too much. Because of that I never bought Keaton Bats on first release and am not sure if I'll go for it this time. However, it is an iconic look, and I have West Batman, two Bale Batmen, and even a Batfleck figure, so this new one would help to round that display out. . .

My impression is that Returns was a good reflection of Burton's vision, even more so than the first film. Of course, that doesn't mean it is will work for the audience. Batman smiling as he murders thugs is pretty dang off-putting to me personally.

Despite being born in 1980, and being a huge comic fan as a kid, I was never all that into the Burton Batman films and still am not. I love Batman and am a big Michael Keaton fan but those movies just didn't speak to me. I personally rank them way higher than the Schumacher movies, but frankly that's not saying too much. Because of that I never bought Keaton Bats on first release and am not sure if I'll go for it this time. However, it is an iconic look, and I have West Batman, two Bale Batmen, and even a Batfleck figure, so this new one would help to round that display out. . .
It would round out the display, yes.

But, for me being somewhat of a completionist with my MCU collection I have learned to only get what I really like. I have a bunch of figures of characters I don't love because of wanting a complete display. And those are pretty much the figures I'm selling now.

My Girl - 6.5/10
I think the last time (the only time) I saw this movie before was somewhere halfway the 90s. Makes you wonder where the time went. Anyway, it was a pretty good watch.

Titan A.E. - 5/10
I always wanted to see this as a kid, but never managed to see it. After it's theatrical run back in the day it became quite obscure in these parts. Finally watched it last night and it was ok. The late 90's CGI stuff looks very dated and I think there were some not so great designs for ships and aliens.
Anastasia (the other Don Bluth movie from that era) and Treasure Planet are my favorite 2D/3D hybrid films. Titan A.E. never quite clicked for me either, even at the appropriate age.

I love Don Bluth for Dragon's Lair and Space Ace, but the feature films he was associated with were a mixed bag at best.

The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes: 7.5/10

Very good movie by the great Billy Wilder. I never heard of this until a few days ago. Worth checking out.

Back