RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triple Frontier, Netflix

Tired and lazy ex-special forces heist action-thriller. The set pieces were pedestrian and there was no tension. The whole movie disappears up its own arse in the scene where the most expert and disciplined of the group transforms into an ill-disciplined amateur singlehandedly responsible for what happens in the second half. Watch it with the skip function and it’s not a complete waste of time/10

0/10 All of the above plus the complete nonsense of trying to fly over the mountains in an overweight helicopter instead of just landing the money taking a GPS reading and coming back later, a supposedly crack team led by a logistics genius lol not a brain cell between them utter rubbish, Netflix should be ashamed for producing such a cluster*****k of a movie.

The Incredible Hulk 7/10

Not bad,not bad at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Death Wish 6/10
Rewatchability 3/10

Pretty much straight revenge story. Which has been done better....like in the original.

I thought for a sec we would get more o a look into gun politics, and morality issues.

But no.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

0/10 All of the above plus the complete nonsense of trying to fly over the mountains in an overweight helicopter instead of just landing the money taking a GPS reading and coming back later, a supposedly crack team led by a logistics genius lol not a brain cell between them utter rubbish, Netflix should be ashamed for producing such a cluster*****k of a movie.

Exactly. They easily could have gotten over the mountain with a couple million in cash. Hid the rest and came back for it later.

The Umbrella Academy - 8/10

Wife started it and I was casually watching it. Midway through the first episode I was hooked. Klaus is my fav of all the Academy members. Does 5 even have a name? I'm guessing they'll show us how Ben actually dies in season 2? Was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Suspiria - 7/10
Not as fantastical as the original but it was played a lot more straight so fair pass. Tonally awkward at times. Technically brilliant. Soundtrack was fine despite Thom Yorke's wails which has become more than tedious at this point.

Green Book - 2/10
Had to check it out on the basis that it won best picture. Viggo Mortensen and Mahershala Ali are wasted in an incredibly streamlined plot and platitudinous social commentary. I have no idea to who this movie was targeted towards despite as Oscar-bait for Academy panel members (and it worked apparently). Gave it a sparing 2/10 as it was engaging enough to keep me awake throughout.

Twin Peaks: The Return - 10/10
Finished a third viewing of the third season last night and it gets better every time. Pure Lynchian wierdness.

Green Book - 2/10
Had to check it out on the basis that it won best picture. Viggo Mortensen and Mahershala Ali are wasted in an incredibly streamlined plot and platitudinous social commentary. I have no idea to who this movie was targeted towards despite as Oscar-bait for Academy panel members (and it worked apparently). Gave it a sparing 2/10 as it was engaging enough to keep me awake throughout.

It's based on true events from recordings of conversations with his son and letters sent to his wife. Amazing movie, loved it.

I'm kind of presupposed into giving them the benefit of the doubt about the true events considering the story was quite tame - it's just that I can't seem to take the 'based on a true story' disclaimer seriously anymore.

Flatliners (1990) 4/10

Wow I've been enjoying revisiting a good number of 90's flicks on Netflix the past couple months but this one just sucked. No wonder I couldn't remember much about it from back in the day. Good cast and Jan De Bont cinematography but otherwise this was just a great concept that they did absolutely nothing interesting with.

Flatliners (1990) 4/10

Wow I've been enjoying revisiting a good number of 90's flicks on Netflix the past couple months but this one just sucked. No wonder I couldn't remember much about it from back in the day. Good cast and Jan De Bont cinematography but otherwise this was just a great concept that they did absolutely nothing interesting with.
I remember that one, everybody (other teenagers) at the time seemed to love it, but I could never figure out why.

The concept seemed viable, but the execution was terrible.

Mostly i just remember one of them being taunted by a schoolyard bully.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I remember that one, everybody (other teenagers) at the time seemed to love it, but I could never figure out why.

The concept seemed viable, but the execution was terrible.

Mostly i just remember one of them being taunted by a schoolyard bully.

Yep, there wasn't much more to it than that. Hip med students put themselves in comas and then come back taunted by kids they messed with as children. Lame. I think over the years my memory of Flatliners must have blended with Jacob's Ladder because I was expecting *way* more when I finally revisited it.

Yep, there wasn't much more to it than that. Hip med students put themselves in comas and then come back taunted by kids they messed with as children. Lame. I think over the years my memory of Flatliners must have blended with Jacob's Ladder because I was expecting *way* more when I finally revisited it.
Appropriate, since they were both released around the same time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aquaman 6/10

Some nice set pieces, lost its way a bit half way through and like a lot of the DCU all all got a bit overblown towards the end, doubt I'd watch it a second time.

Shazam: 7/10

Fun movie. I like the direction they're going. But not great. Possibly the best DCU movie I've seen, competing with Wonder Woman.

I think they may be moving the franchise forward a little too quickly, based on some of the activities at the end, but it's fine.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back