RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But... why?

It starts off like simple drama set off by an unusual situation. Quirky, yet believable. But the motivations, behaviors, and emotional arcs of the characters (particularly Tucci and Zeta-Jones) are so inconsistent, so melodramatic, so unjustified by the plot developments that it winds up feeling like a fairy tale.

It starts off like simple drama set off by an unusual situation. Quirky, yet believable. But the motivations, behaviors, and emotional arcs of the characters (particularly Tucci and Zeta-Jones) are so inconsistent, so melodramatic, so unjustified by the plot developments that it winds up feeling like a fairy tale.
Mmm... I agree. Guess it helps knowing that the movie is inspired by French real life story and French comedies, because those are always very melodramatic and chaotic.

Goodbye Christopher Robin: 6.5/10

It was ok. If you like Winnie the Pooh and don’t know the story behind the author and books, it gives an interesting overview. Surprised it didn’t shy away from how cold and distant parents (from the upper crust I suppose) could be at that time. Definitely not warm and fuzzy, but not dark either. And geez, British boarding school boys can be such absolute dicks! This is the second time I see such horrible depictions of that (the other time was in the Crown Season 2).

Mmm... I agree. Guess it helps knowing that the movie is inspired by French real life story and French comedies, because those are always very melodramatic and chaotic.

Ah, didn't know that. That certainly would've helped.

Men in Black III - 6.3/10
It was fun watching Brolin as a young Tommy Lee Jones. :lol

Ghostbusters II - 6/10
Better than I remember. I need to rewatch the original again.

The Green Mile - 9/10

Justice League - 6.7/10
The reshoots really ruined this, but I still don’t hate it.

Last edited:
Giant

All star cast - Rock Hudson, James Dean, Elizabeth Taylor, Dennis Hopper,
Elsa Cardenas, Sal Mineo, Earl Holliman, Caroll Baker, Mercedes McCambridge,
Jane Whithers, and Chill Wills. It was Dean's last movie - he died before the
film was released. It was very good.

Indiana Jones TOD: 6/10.....it has suffered greatly over time...
Plexworthy: mainly yes because it’s part of a series..

The acting, effects and quite dull story really shine after all these years...Capshaw and Short round practically ruin this film by themselves...

But the worst part is the choreography of the fights....they are absolutely awful....they clearly were using extras in the fight scenes and not professional stuntmen....the editing was terrible also as you can see many times the people looking out of frame at something (the director?)

Let’s not even get into the childlike stop motion of the cart chase.....who approved those shots??

It’s pretty bad.....

On the plus side, GREAT Score...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indiana Jones TOD: 6/10.....it has suffered greatly over time...
Plexworthy: mainly yes because it’s part of a series..

The acting, effects and quite dull story really shine after all these years...Capshaw and Short round practically ruin this film by themselves...

But the worst part is the choreography of the fights....they are absolutely awful....they clearly were using extras in the fight scenes and not professional stuntmen....the editing was terrible also as you can see many times the people looking out of frame at something (the director?)

Let’s not even get into the childlike stop motion of the cart chase.....who approved those shots??

It’s pretty bad.....

On the plus side, GREAT Score...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indiana Jone TOD is my least favorite in that series.
I prefer the most recent one - Crystal Skull over TOD!

Crimson Tide - 8.75/10

AiXMFS4.gif

Back