RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Halloween II (1981) - 6/10

Loomis was the real star of the show here IMO.

Yep. I'm not crazy about the sequel or seek it out, but Loomis always was able to sell how scary Michael was.

I actually love Halloween 2. Not as much as the original of course.

Loomis was great in both!

"I met this six year old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes."

Dunkirk: 6/10

Good movie, amazing historical story, excellent cinematography but very slow to develop. Pacing could've been much better IMO

White Christmas - 8.5/10 The ending always gets to me. :eek:

Haha indeed....

Danny Kaye is funnier that most modern comedians in that....

I love his reactions to the phone call Bing makes asking the troop to come up ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) nice!!!! all of my friends i went with and co workers loved it. i didn't even know there was backlash until i came on here to see the new Leia HTs. i hadn't been on here in months. if people didn't like it that's fine. they can express why, nothing wrong with that. just like i can say why i loved it. i was a huge fan of TFA so i was looking forward to the next chapter and it didn't disappoint me. i cried like 5 times. XD. i laughed. i was just very into the story. plus i was sold long ago with the porgs they are super adorable :love

bye guys. try to play nice^^ :wave

Pretty much the same here! The two people I went with both thought it was great! I also teared up a lot in a few scenes, and I was surprised at how much those scenes actually affected me! I was also unaware at the backlash when I went to see it. I did see that a few freaks who saw it early were not all that thrilled with the movie, but I just chalked it up to the general negativity of this board. And the few little things that I heard, like how Rian had delivered something never seen in a SW movie, I was expecting some major major wacky twisty things, but really I don't see that at all in the movie. Yes, it had some unexpected turns, but I didn't think they were that major. Just seemed like good, smart, clever storytelling to me.

But it's nice to see a few people here on the board who enjoyed the movie! :duff

Pretty much the same here! The two people I went with both thought it was great! I also teared up a lot in a few scenes, and I was surprised at how much those scenes actually affected me! I was also unaware at the backlash when I went to see it. I did see that a few freaks who saw it early were not all that thrilled with the movie, but I just chalked it up to the general negativity of this board. And the few little things that I heard, like how Rian had delivered something never seen in a SW movie, I was expecting some major major wacky twisty things, but really I don't see that at all in the movie. Yes, it had some unexpected turns, but I didn't think they were that major. Just seemed like good, smart, clever storytelling to me.

But it's nice to see a few people here on the board who enjoyed the movie! :duff

You are not as alone as you might feel......

Yep, everything you describe echoes my own experience and seemingly the entire sold out auditorium I attended last Saturday night. :rock Everyone was positively abuzz with excitement afterward in the lobby as entire groups of people were excitedly chatting, taking photos with the posters/cardboard stands, etc. I also sometimes chat on a prolific home theater forum for cinephiles of all kinds that doesn't have these little biased factions of DC fans vs. MCU fans vs. anti-Disney crusaders and the prevailing attitude there has been incredibly positive toward the film. Sure some people are running with the narrative perpetuated by opt-in votes on rottentomatoes but other than here I just don't see where such sentiments are the norm.

Loving the HD of BTTF on my new 65’ Samsung
12/10

25f821099815dad0dd5c1af91b340998.jpg
926234c9ce79a63b3c72d61bc3212077.jpg

Dunkirk: 6/10

... very slow. Pacing could've been much better IMO
I thought it was one of the best WWII movies even made.
The pacing is part of the non-liniar structure and atmosphere, it wouldn't work otherwise.
Then again, maybe one can olny appreciate it with an awesome IMAX sound.
And if you ever been at sea... :D

:rotfl :yess:

All the Money in the World - 8/10

The Greatest Showman - 7/10

Evan Almighty - 5.5/10
Steve Carrel looked at the camera in one scene.

Last edited:
Back