RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1922 (6/10)Great acting, some genuinely creepy bits.

I Am The Pretty Thing That Lives In The House (2/10 I got so bored, I couldn't finish it)

Blackcoat's Daughter (6/10) Pretty good. Has a very late 70's horror vibe. I thought it had a very Canadian horror flavour to it, like "The Brood" or "Black Christmas", which is hilarious, because I researched it later, and found out it WAS filmed in Canada....

My Canuck sense was tingling.

Also had my annual October viewing of
Halloween (1978) (10/10) :winkpumpk

Halloween: 8.5/10

An all time classic, of course. I had not seen it in many years, however, and was a bit struck by some of the amateurish acting. That's about the only criticism I would levy, though. Some truly brilliant filmmaking considering the time and resources. It even has one of the most recognizable soundtracks of all time, created by the director no less! Strange to think that we almost had a guy in a clown mask instead of what we got.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Dracula (1992) - 8/10

On a big screen with good sound and undubbed.
Nice audience, except one jerk who didn't turn his phone off and it was vibratin' loudly during two silent scenes.

BR 2049 - 9.5/10, would've been a 10/10 but take half a point off due to the uncanny valley scene.

Other than that holy ****, what a movie, I want Villeneuve on Akira RIGHT NOW!

^Nica that's too easy.

Mother - 6/10 I think I get the outrage of some people, if you are a religious person, because while it is an interesting approach to the story, the themes are little more than trite and shallow notions a la facebook/9gag "2deep4you" memes; humans are pollution, mother earth is suffering because of us, god is a psychopath, which implies he understands him so he can draw that judgment and so on...

Other than all of those clichés, it's interesting to see the story represented in this way, would've been much more interesting if Jlaw was Lucifer or something.

The cinematography is really nice to see, great camera and sound work.

Willow - 6,5/10

Very odd film. I wanna hate it... but just can't.
Yes, the story is boring and the characters are mess...
But it did a lot of cool things and had a lot of heart.

The music helped a lot.
It sounded a lot like "The Land Before Time" in places, and I love that movie.
Same year of relese, both produced by George Lucas, James Horner. :D

Back