RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zootopia, finally watched this. I like most animated movies, but with this having a 98% on RT..... man was it overrated. Very predictable, not that funny, and just so many missed opportunities. Maybe this is just a case of expectations vs reality but the chief of police should have been a bull and voiced by The Rock (aka Brahma Bull). The goats making the drugs wearing the yellow suits should have been voiced by Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul. Then the head of crime should have been a Penguin in homage to a crime lord of the Gotham.... the Penguin.

It certainly is a mess. I hated Apocalpyse in this, in both look and how he was portrayed. I didn't hate the Wolverine cameo too much, it was just poorly done. Much of the film felt hurried, but the best thing I liked in it was the young Cyclops and Jean.

I liked Oscar Isaac as Apocalypse, I thought his performance was great. The problem for me was that the script gave him nothing significant to work with in terms of creating an actual character, just like the old cartoon he was nothing but a series of ominous one-liners.

The Maltese Falcon. 10/10. It is a damn crime that I haven't watched some of these old noir movies before now. Just a badass movie. "I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble." I liked it a bit better than Double Indemnity, which was also brilliant.

Up next ... Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Sunset Boulevard, Harvey, Dial M for Murder, On the Waterfront, and Key Largo. Honestly, just scrolling through TCM every week or so and just recording anything that I've heard of but never seen.

Any recommendations? Anything I ought to look for? Particularly noir stuff like Maltese Falcon or Double Indemnity?

SnakeDoc

It's reaching the point where I barely watch new films any more - X-Men Apocalypse is the only one I've seen so far this spring/summer. My recommendation if you love noir is M by Fritz Lang. Amazing piece of filmmaking.

That's very interesting.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Man, I really wish the series could come back in some form today.

Spoiler Spoiler:

What I hate the most about the movies is that they make Skynet an evil computer program, even worse if they give it a speaking avatar like in Salvation and Geneshyte. The less we know about Skynet, the scarier it is but we should know that it is a sentient, living creature of sorts, and it thinks humans are unreasonable and self destructive. The TV show did this brilliantly, and never even showed us Skynet.

1zjw536.gif

Highlander: Endgame. 8/10 Must have seen this movie like 300 times, theater and the two dvd releases, I have tried keeping track of an iTunes re-release of this movie and finally saw it for purchase. This the ultimate version by far, they edited so many mistakes of the producer's cut of the dvd release that it's very noticeable from the get go...

Spoiler Spoiler:

What I hate the most about the movies is that they make Skynet an evil computer program, even worse if they give it a speaking avatar like in Salvation and Geneshyte. The less we know about Skynet, the scarier it is but we should know that it is a sentient, living creature of sorts, and it thinks humans are unreasonable and self destructive. The TV show did this brilliantly, and never even showed us Skynet.
Damn dude, you've done your research. [emoji38]

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

The Big Sleep (1946) - 9.4/10

High Sierra (1941) - 8.7/10

Training day (2001) - 7.7 /10

2001 : A Space odyssey (1968) - 8.8/10

Scent Of A Woman (1992) - 8.9/10

TMNT (2007) -- 7.5 / 10

This was my second attempt at giving it a proper watch, & I actually enjoyed it for the most part. Last time I was in & out of the room when it was on, so I missed a lot of it. I normally have an immediate aversion to digitally animated shows or movies (with one or two exceptions), but there was a lot to like about the movie.

Firstly, the obvious connection to the original 1990 film - awesome. Secondly, although the main story was a little up in clouds, the 'brothers' theme was nicely done, & the action / fight sequence between Leonardo & Raphael was great. The voice acting was well done too - with some big names on board to boot. I actually really liked the look of the Turtles as well.

Previously, I paid little attention to this movie, but I've really turned around on it. I'd even place it not too far behind the 1990 film, & might buy it now. :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

thumbsup.gif

The Maltese Falcon. 10/10. It is a damn crime that I haven't watched some of these old noir movies before now. Just a badass movie. "I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble." I liked it a bit better than Double Indemnity, which was also brilliant.

Up next ... Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Sunset Boulevard, Harvey, Dial M for Murder, On the Waterfront, and Key Largo. Honestly, just scrolling through TCM every week or so and just recording anything that I've heard of but never seen.

Any recommendations? Anything I ought to look for? Particularly noir stuff like Maltese Falcon or Double Indemnity?

SnakeDoc

Chinatown
Taxi driver
Shadow Of A Doubt
Vertigo
Touch Of Evil
Ride The Pink Horse
The Third Man
Laura
Murder, My Sweet
Kiss Me Deadly
Sweet Smell Of Success
The Lady From Shanghai
The Night Of The Hunter
The Killing
The Long Goodbuy
The Killers
The Big Heat
Brute Force
The Postman Always Rings Twice
The Night And The City
Ace In The Hole
Gilda
The Lost weekend

To name a few :D

Last edited:
TMNT: Out of the Shadows - 7/10

Hitman: Agent 47 - 4/10

Trainwreck - 9/10

MI-5 - 7/10
This movie stars Jon Snow (whatever his real name is). :lol

Run All Night: 6/10

With Liam Neeson and Ed Harris. Pretty good “running from the mob/crooked cops” movie. It had some interesting scene transitions.

Saw World of Warcraft with my daughter this past weekend in 3D. She plays the game alot, but I've never played it. Thought the movie was pretty good and give it an 8/10. Really enjoyed the Orcs, the creatures looked badass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Zootopia - 9/10

Holy ****. I did not expect a kids movie so charged with commentary from xenophobia to drug trafficking :lol And everything so cute =n.n=

God damn, I love Pixar.

Edit: wut? This isn't Pixar? :lol

Back