RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all have different opinions obviously... but Empire is one that across the board (no pun intended) should always get a 10/10. Otherwise, you just hate great film making.

ESB - 7.7/10

2BPvoGk.gif

Oh...and Terminator and Terminator 2 >>>>>>>>> SW and ESB.

i3GnPmN.gif

THE GOON. A ABSOLUTE SOLID 10 BAD ASS Hockey Movie a New flippin favorite. One of Seann William Scott's best films along with Liev Schreiber very fun fast film.

Fury: 8.5/10

A well made and intense movie. Sure, some things are glossed over and the "story" takes a back-seat to the characters but damn, if they're not enjoyable. Their interactions, the effects the war has on them, the "transformation" of Norman, all were great. As I said, a nice war flick that is sure to entertain you for the entirety of its 2 hour run time.

American Sniper: 8/10

This was a solid, well-made and well-acted movie, but I feel that something was... "missing". The effects the war had on Kyle were mostly the usual "hears sceams and is always on alert", which, while realistic, could have been fleshed out a little more. I could've done with a bit less of combat scenes, if it meant getting a deeper insight is Kyle's psyche post his return.

PS: That was an awful way to go though. Survive 4 tours only to die like this? Truly sad.

Goosebumps: 7/10
I really enjoyed it. Never read the books or saw the show. It had good, fun, engaging characters and a fun story. Danny Elfman’s soundtrack was great—back to his old style like MIB, Beetlejuice or Pee Wee’s Big Adventure. I have to point out that it felt very cinematic in how it was filmed. Strangely there were spots were it looked like cheap digital “film”, but other times it felt like a grand spectacle movie. I liked a lot of the effects that were made to look more old school practical effects, like the gnomes and even the smoke coming out of the books effect. That ferris wheel scene at the end was very impressive. It’s a good family movie. If I was 12 years old, it would be my favorite!

Goosebumps was suprisingly a good, fun movie. I would say 7/10 as well.

Unfriended 0/10...pure garbage. Couldnt even finish it. The teenage drama ******** was just too much to try to stomache.

Django Unchained for the 4th time 9/10

The Force Awakens for the second time in theaters 5/10

I watched the 2007 'Beowulf' movie the other night for the first time -- 6.8 / 10

Ehh.. I enjoyed it actually. Looking at it in context though, it wasn't really breaking that much new ground. Sure, they captured the likenesses of those big Hollypoopers & animated them, but so what. I think that 'Final Fantasy : the spirits within' is a much better movie, DID actually break new ground - & is six years it's senior.

It's a classic story, but the new film's PS3 cut scene graphics (while fine some of the time), devolve into PS2 cut scene territory a little too often in some scenes, & don't hold up unfortunately. Still, the movie has some cool stuff in there; like the whole Grendel arc in the earlier part of the movie. Anyway, I found the collectors set for $5, so what the hey. :lol

Last edited:
A Walk in the Woods. Robert Redford ,Nick Nolte go for a Hike along the Appalachian Trail. I didnt think i would like as much as did but Long hikes do a lot for the human spirit. A fun trek on this one give a 5.

Cartel Land (2015) 6/10

Narco Cultura (2013) 8/10

Binged watched 'em both on Netflix & I know CL got nominated for Best Doc but NC is the far better doc on the subject.

Back