RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman Returns - 7/10 Not as quite as good as the original Burton classic, but delivers everything you would want from a sequel *more gadgets/vechiles/villains* The casting and acting was spot on, and Devito's Penguin is amazingly freaky (everyone remembers that gruesome nose biting scene). Glad they got Tim Burton back on board for the sequel, instead of passing it on to some other director, say Joel Schumacher. Can you imagine what he would of done to the franchise? .... :wink1:

Glad they got Tim Burton back on board for the sequel and gave him creative freedom to completely **** up the characters, instead of searching for other talented director with understanding of the franchise.

7587568789705049887876_zps4bb7d6bd.gif

How dare you tamper with my quote.

I guess some people would rather nosh off nolans snooze fest of a trilogy.

Just watched The Butterfly Effect for the first time tonight.

8 / 10 :lecture

Arguably one of AK's best performances. Great story, I was really pleasantly surprised - some heavy stuff in there too..

JAWS & SW'77 will always be my top two no matter what. :rock

SW'77? Do you mean STAR WARS: EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE? Most people just abbreviate it ANH... :monkey3

Just watched The Butterfly Effect for the first time tonight.

8 / 10 :lecture

Arguably one of AK's best performances. Great story, I was really pleasantly surprised - some heavy stuff in there too..

The Director's Cut? That had the better ending.

How dare you tamper with my quote.

I guess some people would rather nosh off nolans snooze fest of a trilogy.

RIDDICK is not a Nolan fanboy. He just hates everything. But in this case, he has a point. BR is a pretty rotten sequel to B89 and a pretty rotten Batman movie in general. Don't get me wrong. I love it. It's a great Tim Burton movie and it was the first Batman movie I was old enough to see in the movie theater. But knowing more about the characters and world of Batman, it's pretty unfaithful to the source material.

Batman's a humorless, schizophrenic obsessive-compulsive, sadomasochistic basket-case with tendencies towards pedophilia. It's not a bad idea to stray from the source material in order to make a good movie. :D

Homefront

Just watched this. Fully enjoyed it. I like Statham but his films usually leave me empty. Probably because of the lack of caring I have for most of the characters in those films. Not so with this one. I cared about Statham and his daughter. I enjoyed the bad guys. And I enjoyed watching a character I cared for kick the bad guy's asses.

As "dumb" action films go this is better and a bit smarter then most.

Fully agree, just watched this the other day and was expecting a cheesy action film but was surprised at how good it actually was. Most of his movies are all the same but this one was a lot better

Batman Returns - 7/10 Not as quite as good as the original Burton classic, but delivers everything you would want from a sequel *more gadgets/vechiles/villains* The casting and acting was spot on, and Devito's Penguin is amazingly freaky (everyone remembers that gruesome nose biting scene). Glad they got Tim Burton back on board for the sequel, instead of passing it on to some other director, say Joel Schumacher. Can you imagine what he would of done to the franchise? .... :wink1:

But its just bad as the 3rd and 4th film imo.

SW'77? Do you mean STAR WARS: EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE? Most people just abbreviate it ANH... :monkey3
I'm not most people. :tap :lol

I'm an old schooler, so while I recognize the current title in all it's updated retconned 'glory', I'll always call it SW - as it was originally intended to be. :wink1:

The Director's Cut? That had the better ending.
It was on TV, so probably not.

I'm not most people. :tap :lol

I'm an old schooler, so while I recognize the current title in all it's updated retconned 'glory', I'll always call it SW - as it was originally intended to be. :wink1:

It was on TV, so probably not.

:exactly:
Star Wars, Empire, Jedi... If I say Star Wars and someone says which one.... :thwak

Last action hero, nostalgia/10, not even gonna rate it, cause I loved it in my childhood, I completely forgot about it until it was on on TV, dat nostalgia trip :lol

Last edited:
Back