RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was all to unrealistic for me.

• The music (rap in the 20s?)
• The cars traveling 200 mph.
• The depiction of blacks in the time period.
• The homes, and mansions looked faker than fake ( the arch they walked through to get to each other's houses was covered in leaves, which were ALL the same perfect shade of green...)
• The dialogue was like a strange concoction of 20s and modern.
• The editing, and camera movement was far to absurd at times.

You do realise modernising old stories is what Baz Luhrmann does, right? You've obviously never seen Romeo + Juliet :lol

• The homes, and mansions looked faker than fake ( the arch they walked through to get to each other's houses was covered in leaves, which were ALL the same perfect shade of green...)

It all worked for me.

I wasn't sure about the music going in but I thought touching it up making it sounds 20ish worked quite well.

It wasn't traveling 200 mph. Maybe it got close to 100 but cars in the 20's didn't go terribly fast.

The houses looked very much like mansions from the 20's and that style wasn't uncommon, but its also to be done by the director in his other films.

You do realize that's about how blacks were looked at in the 20's right?

I found that to be mostly 20's with a very nice blend of modern.

That's just the style from the director. It worked for me.

I like this one enough to purchase it when it comes out on Blu.

Did you see it in 3d? I didn't and am curious if it would have changed my perception of some of it. Some sequenced looked like they could have been really cool in 3d.

Did you see it in 3d? I didn't and am curious if it would have changed my perception of some of it. Some sequenced looked like they could have been really cool in 3d.

Yeah, I did. I thought the 3D was well done. It added a nice bit to the party stuff and the car scenes.

The Master:6/10-The first half of the movie was really good,it had potential to be my type of movie,but i didn't like the direction it took the last half of the movie.
Of Mice and Men(1992):7/10

Indeed it was. I hadn't watched my Blu-Ray yet so I figured why not.

I remember my dads mom taking me to see this when I was a kid. I guess it was the start of my love with this genre.

That sounds pretty awesome, actually. :lol

I remember my dads mom taking me to see this when I was a kid. I guess it was the start of my love with this genre.

I hate Willow. It's one of those movies I despise. That and Life of Pi. I hate them and can't figure out why. :lol

Red Dawn (remake)- 5/10. Somewhat entertaining but not nearly as good as the original. Suffers from today's movies editing problems/ crap writing.

That sounds pretty awesome, actually. :lol

I hate Willow. It's one of those movies I despise. That and Life of Pi. I hate them and can't figure out why. :lol

Willow, I liked it. I like the beginning of the movie a lot, but I felt like the movie was turning into a mess near the end. Some things didn't make sense.

Life of Pi, I thought it was going to be different. Again, I loved the beginning, but near the end the movie lost me. And I hate what they do at the end

Spoiler Spoiler:

Willow, I liked it. I like the beginning of the movie a lot, but I felt like the movie was turning into a mess near the end. Some things didn't make sense.

It's a bit goofy but I just enjoy it. I can still remember the first time you meet Madmartigan, the bad guy with the bone mask, and especially the pig transformation scene. I just have very fond memories of this film and it doesn't hurt its fairly enjoyable.

It's a bit goofy but I just enjoy it. I can still remember the first time you meet Madmartigan, the bad guy with the bone mask, and especially the pig transformation scene. I just have very fond memories of this film and it doesn't hurt its fairly enjoyable.

I just didn't like how at the end

Spoiler Spoiler:

Like I said, I liked the beginning a lot, it kind of reminded me of the beginning of Lord of the Rings. I liked Val Kilmer too. I liked everyone pretty much.

But it almost felt like George Lucas did not know how to end the movie properly. It felt like he had this idea for an adventure story, but he didn't know exactly how to end it. It feels very messy.

Back