Rambo: Last Blood [Rambo 5]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He walked in like Thanos, but forgot he no longer had the hair and headband which amplifies his power to IG levels. Instead got his ass kicked and the nice Mexican man gave him a nike logo on his cheek.

I really believe that Rambo could take on Thanos w/ IG

Or at least it would be close :lol

Rambo could lift Thors hammer also.. But he thinks that's for wimps.

Save the character Growth for "The English Patient"

He became more brutal then ever before.. There's your growth :lol

I guess I did not need character development for a character I spent 4 previous films with.

Wow! This is so NOT a typical JAWS post, who usually needs good characters and a story to really make a good film.

This review is from a child who likes bang-bang, and blood gushing. He yells at the movie screen: stop talking and kill someone *munches popcorn eagerly*

Intellectual JAWS has disappeared with angry Hulk.

Wow! This is so NOT a typical JAWS post, who usually needs good characters and a story to really make a good film.

This review is from a child who likes bang-bang, and blood gushing. He yells at the movie screen: stop talking and kill someone *munches popcorn eagerly*

I was eleven when I saw FB and fourteen when I saw part 2..

I would say that inner child came out to play for sure :)

Intellectual JAWS has disappeared with angry Hulk.

Oh and I don't think I would call this a "really good film"

I happen to like the Rambo character. Like Indy and Conan he was one of my Childhood heroes. I would call it a good Rambo film when compared with the other sequels.

I would call it a masterpiece when compared to my other childhood hero sequel films like KOTCS and Conan the Destroyer.

I have no idea what to make of this movie. You like it, Jye hates it... a real pickle.

I liked FB a lot (the best of them all, especially as a standalone movie). I also liked Rambo 4 a lot. Part II was pretty corny but I enjoyed it at the time, once... it got silly with further viewings. 3 was forgettable to me. In fact, I have zero recollection of anything in that movie except desert.

So where the hell will Rambo 5 land on that scale...? I'll find out when it comes on cable in January.

I have no idea what to make of this movie. You like it, Jye hates it... a real pickle.

I liked FB a lot (the best of them all, especially as a standalone movie). I also liked Rambo 4 a lot. Part II was pretty corny but I enjoyed it at the time, once... it got silly with further viewings. 3 was forgettable to me. In fact, I have zero recollection of anything in that movie except desert.

So where the hell will Rambo 5 land on that scale...? I'll find out when it comes on cable in January.

Your feelings on the Rambo films line up with mine.

First Blood is an all time great. My third fav action film of all time.

When part 2 hit theaters I was ready.. What I witnessed I was not expecting. I just loved it.. I also saw it with a crowed that kept cheering and applauding. A great overall experience. Man is it tuff to watch now... I mean.. Yikes.

Part 3. I actually started watching that film tonight. I got about an hour and 10 min into it but started to loose interest. So I will finish it tomorrow. I hardly remember anything about that film and it was almost like watching a new movie. Its pretty blah and the worst of the series.

Part 4 is no FB but its an easy watch.

Part 5.. Well I like it for now.. Who knows what a repeat viewing might do. It could use more character development for sure.. But I was good with what I got.

I enjoyed the action more in part 5 then part 4 because I like the close personal fighting at the end even though I lot of it was traps. Part 4 was cool at the end but It needed more than just Rambo Firing a gun on the back of a jeep.

I have no idea which way you will go. :lol

I like good villains and a personal showdown at the end, always trumps just bang-bang explosions for me. If there's both, well that's perfect.

Was the end of 4 just him shooting everyone from the jeep? I thought there was a little more to it.

At least 4 ended where FB began -- almost seemed like the same mountain locale that he was trying to reach in the beginning of FB... and this time he finally 'came home' at the end of 4.

I like good villains and a personal showdown at the end, always trumps just bang-bang explosions for me. If there's both, well that's perfect.

Was the end of 4 just him shooting everyone from the jeep? I thought there was a little more to it.

At least 4 ended where FB began -- almost seemed like the same mountain locale that he was trying to reach in the beginning of FB... and this time he finally 'came home' at the end of 4.

He got the main villain with a knife to the gut at the end of part 4.

I would say the villains in part 5 are equal to the villains in part 4. Not a lot too them and we are glad when Rambo takes them out.

Part 4 is the more fitting ending for sure.

As I stated.. Part 5 may be like Alien 3 to me. I will always enjoy watching it but it all really ended with the last film :)

Like I said, Rambo 5 was a really enjoyable Rambo story, I loved it, it just comes up short as an ending to the series. It's so rare that I can really enjoy a movie but also feel it doesn't serve it's place well. Usually the later is a result of not liking the film at all. For example, Rocky V does a lot of things wrong with the character, which for me is what made it a lousy ending and makes Rocky Balboa that much better a movie.

For me, if they had done Rambo 5's story first, played it that he went home after Rambo 3, tried to make a life for himself and it failed, then his ride off into the sunset took him to Thailand, seemingly the only place on Earth where he truly finds peace, then have the Rambo 4 story unfold and then have some other "made peace with himself" ending besides going home, then we could have gotten everything from the past 2 films with a concluded story. Rambo 4 gives us closure, Rambo 5 is more like, "oh, we forget to tell you about this story before we wrapped things up."

I can't wait to watch Last Blood again.

Rambo 5 has nothing to offer me for a return visit not even an unrated cut.

This is Rambo 5:

Protagonist is protective of adopted instant daughter.

Daughter is killed.

Protagonist kills antagonist.

Those 3 points make up act 1-2-3.

There is literally nothing else going on other than Rambo saying the world is a bad place.

I did raise an eyebrow when when he eluded to the fact that he probably would?ve been better off had he never joined the military to serve his country in the first place.

Jane?s Punisher is a literary masterpiece compared to this lol no seriously Jane?s Punisher is a much better movie with more elements happening from his neighbors misfortunes, betrayal by his friend, betrayal between bad guys and spouse, guilt, alcohol abuse, loss of a family, strategy on how to dismantle an organization.

Anyways back to Rambo my favorite line in the entire movie:

Daughter: I?m going to Mexico.

Rambo: Why the hell would you wanna do that!

LOLOLOLOLOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I agree that there is more substance to Jane's Punisher, and I love that movie.

This movie serves more like a highlight real for Rambo showcasing what he does best. Because I love the character and what he does best, that's what's enjoyable for me in watching it, and i love the music. I wouldn't argue that it has the least amount of story in the franchise.

I agree that there is more substance to Jane's Punisher, and I love that movie.

This movie serves more like a highlight real for Rambo showcasing what he does best. Because I love the character and what he does best, that's what's enjoyable for me in watching it, and i love the music. I wouldn't argue that it has the least amount of story in the franchise.

I was humming that Rambo tempo all the way home so was my wife.

My wife absolutely loved Rambo 5 lol

Last edited:
Rambo 5 has nothing to offer me for a return visit not even an unrated cut.

This is Rambo 5:

Protagonist is protective of adopted instant daughter.

Daughter is killed.

Protagonist kills antagonist.

Those 3 points make up act 1-2-3.

There is literally nothing else going on other than Rambo saying the world is a bad place.

I did raise an eyebrow when when he eluded to the fact that he probably would?ve been better off had he never joined the military to serve his country in the first place.

Jane?s Punisher is a literary masterpiece compared to this lol no seriously Jane?s Punisher is a much better movie with more elements happening from his neighbors misfortunes, betrayal by his friend, betrayal between bad guys and spouse, guilt, alcohol abuse, loss of a family, strategy on how to dismantle an organization.

Anyways back to Rambo my favorite line in the entire movie:

Daughter: I?m going to Mexico.

Rambo: Why the hell would you wanna do that!

LOLOLOLOLOL

Jane?s Punisher movie?s idea of revenge = Fire Hydrants and spending time with annoying, cringe inducing neighbors.... nuff said. :)

I agree that there is more substance to Jane's Punisher,.

Was there though??? Travolta had more of an arc than Jane...

Jane... Family dies - figures out really silly ways to get revenge - hangs out with jar jar type neighbors who try and help him find his humanity... At the end he is still looking for revenge...

I felt more for Travolta after his son was killed than I did for Jane after his whole family was taken out...

That?s a bad revenge movie lol

Wait what hell no I felt much more for Castle?s family as in entire family but thank you because just by you saying that you felt for the mob bosses kid proves right there that there?s a deeper level of thought put into the movie than Rambo because you felt for even the bad guy.

Wait what hell no I felt much more for Castle?s family as in entire family but thank you because just by you saying that you felt for the mob bosses kid proves right there that there?s a deeper level of thought put into the movie than Rambo because you felt for even the bad guy. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope.. Just shows how poorly done it was. I felt more for Rambo after finding out his niece was gone and eventually killed then I ever did for Jane's Family... And they even killed Chief Brody... How do you screw that up?

Also I **** you not behind us was an elderly white couple I would say early to mid 70s and the husband kept repeating -yeah kill them dirty Mexicans get em good Rambo kill them sons of bitches- and the wife just kept squirming at the violence saying oh dear oh dear.

I couldn?t stop lol

Lights went on I saw that the husband was wearing a bright red MAGA button not the hat but a button I was like oh ok that made perfect sense carry on nice old couple that appreciates Rambo carnage lol

Last edited:
Back