Rambo: Last Blood [Rambo 5]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rambo: The Last Stand [Rambo 5]

There's some 70 year old bodybuilders out there that are big, but look more earned and natural compared to these two.

Lou as you said isn't nearly as big, but his physique is realistic.

It was a good ending, but it's been 10 years already since that "ending", and Rambo is spending his time in a farm, getting older, is that how Rambo should go out? I think he will go out fighting, Logan/Beowolf style. ;_;

Thing for me is, I like the way the series book ended, First Blood starts with Rambo travelling and going nowhere and trying to come to grips with what he'd been through and returned to, 4 has him finishing that journey going home and finding peace with everything he's been dealing with for decades, it was kind of nice.

I do think a 5th film the likes of Logan is about the only way I could enjoy another installment and not feel it devalues how 4 closed, just having another adventure without proper closure just wouldn't work, and it's not like Rocky where you enjoy just seeing more of him on screen even if he's not fighting, Rambo is a warrior.

He's been on the sauce since the early 80s. More so than Arnold ever was and still looked small next to him. Arnold got off that stuff in the early 80s I assume. You can see him shrink down from his competing days as the 80s went on. By T2, he looks incredibly average to the standard bodybuilder of that era.

With that said, Arnold is definitely on whatever Sly is taking nowadays.
Oh I see, for some reason I always thought Stallone stopped like Arnold and only started again within the last decade or so, I can't blame him if it's keeping him motivated, plus I have trouble criticizing my childhood heroes :lol (off-topic but I think Arnold's T2 size was good for that character lol)
I don't think he'd be stupid enough to risk his health over it, but at his age, it's impossible to get into the shape he was in his prime without the aid, otherwise he'd look more like Lou Ferrigno, who's definitely still in shape and strong, but nowhere near what he was.

I have no problem with the idea of old Rambo, I just have issue with what the story could be and what it does to the character where 4 had such a perfect end.
Yeah you're right of course, he is huge for his age, also Chuck Norris is more what aging naturally would be like. And I was getting caught up in Stallone's age and didn't think about the movie quality in my post, I agree it would be unfortunate if this was the last Rambo movie and it ended on a bad note, I'm hoping he'll help write it again.

Oh I see, for some reason I always thought Stallone stopped like Arnold and only started again within the last decade or so, I can't blame him if it's keeping him motivated, plus I have trouble criticizing my childhood heroes :lol (off-topic but I think Arnold's T2 size was good for that character lol)Yeah you're right of course, he is huge for his age, also Chuck Norris is more what aging naturally would be like. And I was getting caught up in Stallone's age and didn't think about the movie quality in my post, I agree it would be unfortunate if this was the last Rambo movie and it ended on a bad note, I'm hoping he'll help write it again.

I don't have confirmation of that mind you, but through all of the 80s Stallone was definitely on something where as Arnie leveled out. I do think Stallone may have backed off from the stuff in the 90s to the early 2000s, but he definitely jumped in liver and kidneys first during his Rocky VI and Expendables run.

There's some 70 year old bodybuilders out there that are big, but look more earned and natural compared to these two.
Lou as you said isn't nearly as big, but his physique is realistic.

None of them are ever natural. Especially in their old ages.

I don't think Stallone ever let himself go, he's pretty much been in shape his whole career. Around the time of Rambo 3 / Rocky IV, apparently Stallone was going through a bad divorce/breakup with Brigiette Nielson and I've read that he got so ripped because he turned to his workout to deal with it. I don't think he was taking anything, personally, while he was more ripped than ever, look at films like Demolition Man, even as we got into the 90s and early 2000s, he was in about the same condition, the only time he wasn't was on purpose when he packed on weight for Cop Land.

Arnold let himself go while in office and definitely needed suppliments to get in the shape he did afterward, he was too far gone to make that leap naturally at his age, the last time Arnold was at natural peak was Terminator 3 where he worked to get close to T1 build, definitely more in shape than T2. He also was overall less bulky through the 90s in films like T2, Last Action Hero, Eraser, he's still fit but not even close to his bodybuilder shape.

What surgery? His face looks the same and he never had issues with his hair. He just looks older. His head, hands and forearms are gigantic now because of the HGH, but other than that he looks normal.

The hair piece still fools many, he's been wearing a toupee since the '90s.

The only thing I don't get is why his face got so puffy. He looks very lean now, but his face looks bloated.

Aging, I don’t think it’s necessarily a matter of fat or not, people’s faces change as they get older, and I don’t know what the trauma from his birth could affect with age either.

No way he wears a wig.

sylvester-stallone-hair.jpg

He wore a wig from the '90s until he had a hair transplant after Rambo IV, but he still wears a hair piece to thicken it up. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it looks a lot more natural than Nic Cage and Chuck Norris' wigs.

I’d buy the wig notion, there’s a strange quality to his hair in Rocky Balboa, and similar in Rambo 4, especially at the very end.

The idea of him being a fighting Rambo at his age is laughable....

Many “man crushes” in here think he can pull it off....10 years ago he couldn’t pull it off without looking silly....which is why he didn’t fight in Creed.

The only way this works is if he’s the mentor type....anything else is more fantastical than Arnold as Mr Freeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The idea of him being a fighting Rambo at his age is laughable....

Many “man crushes” in here think he can pull it off....10 years ago he couldn’t pull it off without looking silly....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He looked like Batman in The Dark knight Returns comic in the last film, which most people liked. :dunno

In 2018, he looks smaller and leaner, but I don't see how he's too old for stealth kills, and the inevitable shoot out? He's not going to be fighting and using martial arts against people half his age. He didn't do that in the last one either.

Back