Rainman's Projects... ^L^

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the eyes on Rainman's sculpt but it's a bit off below that. It also looks very strange to see Norton with a cigarette as he does not really smoke in the film. :confused: I don't like that at all and think it's a big mistake. Smoking is not part of his character like Tyler or Marla. The cigarette should be dropped and the hole in the mouth fixed.

And I don't care for the photoshopped hair. I know it's just temporary, but Norton's hair should be parted on the right side, not messy like Tyler's.

Last edited:
I like the eyes on Rainman's sculpt but it's a bit off below that. It also looks very strange to see Norton with a cigarette as he does not really smoke in the film. :confused: I don't like that at all and think it's a big mistake. Smoking is not part of his character like Tyler or Marla. The cigarette should be dropped and the hole in the mouth fixed.

And I don't care for the photoshopped hair. I know it's just temporary, but Norton's hair should be parted on the right side, not messy like Tyler's.

Yeah, although norton starts smoking when he started to hang around with tyler more, its not really in tuned with his character, like EC pointed out.

However, if rainman would like a bit of consistency (all the fighter 1999 character having a cigarette) I'm down for that too.

But I agree with what others have said so far, the norton sculpt still need a lot of work on it. Nevertheless it looks awesome, rainman!

Oh, btw thanks for the good news Zuno :chew

you certainly made my day :banana

Yeah, although norton starts smoking when he started to hang around with tyler more, its not really in tuned with his character, like EC pointed out.

However, if rainman would like a bit of consistency (all the fighter 1999 character having a cigarette) I'm down for that too.

Look again. There is only 1 brief shot in the entire film where Norton has a cigarette. The lack of smoking is one of the things that separates Norton's Narrator from Tyler & Marla. As Tyler points out, he does everything Norton wishes he could do, and like the flashy clothing, messy hair and great physique, smoking is another visual difference between the two.

And I'm not for "consistency" if it means going against the character and the film itself.

Isn't Norton a big No smoking advocate in real life? I believe he's even said something in the past about not wanting to smoke in his films.

Yeah, you're exactly right. Makes it even weirder to see a cigarette in the sculpt's mouth. :(

Look again. There is only 1 brief shot in the entire film where Norton has a cigarette. The lack of smoking is one of the things that separates Norton's Narrator from Tyler & Marla. As Tyler points out, he does everything Norton wishes he could do, and like the flashy clothing, messy hair and great physique, smoking is another visual difference between the two.

And I'm not for "consistency" if it means going against the character and the film itself.

I think he smoked at least twice, if I remembered correctly; in the office, and while he was walking with tyler.

I dont think its going against the character or the film, as norton did smoke at some point in the movie..

But yeah, I'd rather have a non smoking norton, to be honest.

forgot about the "fighting shatner" walk.

Marla and Tyler are constantly smoking, like Blondie, to the point that it's part of their character. Tuco occasionally smoked but the figure rightly didn't come with a cigarette as it wasn't a defining part of his character. Because of that and Norton's anti-smoking stance, the figure shouldn't have a cigarette.

Sculpt is great I think it looks a lot like Ddward Norton. The final say will come when paints applied. I looking for Marla to be realeased, love what I see so far.

The sculpt is great but likeness isn't quite there. I think overall his head is too round, needs to be a bit thinner/ oval shaped

Nice work Rainman. If Hot Toys hires you make sure to tell them how to properly finish figure lines! You seem to be really good at it.

This should be rainman's next project:

MickeyONeil.jpg

Figured he should strike while the irons hot :monkey3

:D

Cheers snake!

Also, I think this would be quite challenging for rainman, as I'm hoping that it will come with the tattoos:

brad_pitt_shirtless_1_.jpg

snatch_front.jpg

pitt-snatch01.jpg

I think this will be quite a unique figure, as theres not a lot of figures with tattoos on them yet, with only EB's scofield on the market currently.

Back