Rainmans next project: the girl possessed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The snake schlong with a serpentine head is accurate, if not...erm...'standing to attention' as much as it should be (No blue pills were ever necessary for Pazuzu who was permenantly erect, thanks to him supposedly packing the power of the sun in his p***k).

Still, at least a 'softer' approach to Paz's appendage makes this picture from the (appalling) 'The Exorcist: The Beginning' look a little less awkward:

View attachment 197549

:lol

Oh, is this just a shortened version of how it appeared on screen? I can't make it out perfectly in images because they tend to be fuzzy, but I always thought the snake was wrapped around the woodrow, not that it was a snake shlong

cb4a958dc15e56e73fe181d38260c287.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pazuzu.....a.k.a Captain Howdy.....the demon of Lust!

Can't get over this pazuzu statue! Rainman killed it! His ability to capture the likeness of a rough stone statue......Phenominal Talent this guy is! Such a great treat for all the DX supporters! :clap

B3FC94E3-DF2A-4F04-8628-6BFBEB0A9AB5_zpsgxqyrq2q.png

3D451F50-8851-440B-8762-E4256407DEF3_zpsuelirx5y.png

Last edited:

Allow me to exercise this thread of ignorance and misinformation. According to the original mythology of Pazuzu, he is the demon of the southwest wind and of famine. His name, or the very basic idea of him was used in the Exorcist and other cult novels and movies, but none portrayed him true to his mythology. The closest thing that's said in The Exorcist about him that's true to his roots was when Merrin's colleague said "evil against evil". That was a nod to the belief that he is an evil spirit that wards off other evil spirits. It's probably a specific nod to his rivalry with Lamashtu who is the demon know to cause complications to mothers and babies during birth.

Demon of dunce, the power of Christ compels you!

Allow me to exercise this thread of ignorance and misinformation. According to the original mythology of Pazuzu, he is the demon of the southwest wind and of famine. His name, or the very basic idea of him was used in the Exorcist and other cult novels and movies, but none portrayed him true to his mythology. The closest thing that's said in The Exorcist about him that's true to his roots was when Merrin's colleague said "evil against evil". That was a nod to the belief that he is an evil spirit that wards off other evil spirits. It's probably a specific nod to his rivalry with Lamashtu who is the demon know to cause complications to mothers and babies during birth.

Demon of dunce, the power of Christ compels you!

:lol Professor Pop there!

Is that an attempt to say poor Paz is not really all that bad? Bit of a bugger but misunderstood?

The wind demon was actually regarded as the most terrible of all demonic entities, having the power to spread loathsome diseases with his dry fiery breath. The demon has "for a head the almost fleshless skull of a dog" representing death, disease, and (as the fleshless death's head of the desert scavenger) starvation.

William Woods states in his History of the Devil: "… in Mesopotamia the horned demon, Pazuzu, rode on the wind and carried malaria"…thus emphasising the demon's destructive role as "lord of fevers and plagues."

Thanks to the Omen (and some old black book that doesn't contain loads of easy girls phone numbers) everybody knows the number of the beast is 666. Well, Pazuzu also has a number and his number is 107 (I **** you not!).

Best quote to sum up old reptilian rod?

"As the most ruthlessly destructive demon of the pantheon of nefarious beings, the wind devil represents the destruction of all human life itself".

:lol Professor Pop there!

Is that an attempt to say poor Paz is not really all that bad? Bit of a bugger but misunderstood?

The wind demon was actually regarded as the most terrible of all demonic entities, having the power to spread loathsome diseases with his dry fiery breath. The demon has "for a head the almost fleshless skull of a dog" representing death, disease, and (as the fleshless death's head of the desert scavenger) starvation.

William Woods states in his History of the Devil: "… in Mesopotamia the horned demon, Pazuzu, rode on the wind and carried malaria"…thus emphasising the demon's destructive role as "lord of fevers and plagues."

Thanks to the Omen (and some old black book that doesn't contain loads of easy girls phone numbers) everybody knows the number of the beast is 666. Well, Pazuzu also has a number and his number is 107 (I **** you not!).

Best quote to sum up old reptilian rod?

"As the most ruthlessly destructive demon of the pantheon of nefarious beings, the wind devil represents the destruction of all human life itself".

Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher.
biggrin.gif

Yea... that Pazuzu fella just got a bad rap. He's not so bad once you get to know him. Evil vs. evil! :lecture

But in seriousness, according to Mesopotamion mythology, I'm not sure that Pazuzu is the type to possess someone. While he's malevolent in ways, he is noted for helping humans in others. Of course there's tons of information on him all over the internet, but while most sites say the same basics, others offer contradicting info. Blatty gives some insight on the special features of the Blu Ray to the "evil against evil" reference, and these are few of many other sites I found with interesting info (one of which you just quoted)

https://warboar.wordpress.com/2013/02/04/pzzgde/

Evil against evil. The Demon Pazuzu | Nils Heeßel - Academia.edu

Pazuzu

The Demon of the South-West Wind

Demonology: Pretty interesting and not just the province of perma-virgin professors and goths.

If you found any of that reading interesting (or amusing), you should look up the demon Asag. For me, he's the absolute star of Sumerian mythology and leaves Pazuzu in the shade for bat-**** crazy back story.

He was born with a face resembling the guy who got melted by toxic waste in Robocop and was so grotesquely ugly that whenever he went anywhere near water all the fish would literally be boiled alive due to his reflection momentarily appearing above them. He was so ugly, he was forced to have sex with...mountains! He went on to (ahem) 'get his rocks off' with every single mountain in the world and fathered an endless army of stone soldiers whose sole duty was to defend his arse in battle.

Another good one is Belphegor who was (and I'm not even joking) Hell's 'ambassador to France'.:horror

Awesome :yess:

EDIT: YEA! Why don't we get puke & straps?!

Demonology: Pretty interesting and not just the province of perma-virgin professors and goths.

If you found any of that reading interesting (or amusing), you should look up the demon Asag. For me, he's the absolute star of Sumerian mythology and leaves Pazuzu in the shade for bat-**** crazy back story.

He was born with a face resembling the guy who got melted by toxic waste in Robocop and was so grotesquely ugly that whenever he went anywhere near water all the fish would literally be boiled alive due to his reflection momentarily appearing above them. He was so ugly, he was forced to have sex with...mountains! He went on to (ahem) 'get his rocks off' with every single mountain in the world and fathered an endless army of stone soldiers whose sole duty was to defend his arse in battle.

Another good one is Belphegor who was (and I'm not even joking) Hell's 'ambassador to France'.:horror

It does interest me. Not because I'm a Satan sympathizer but it's an interesting genre of mythology no different than many other mythologies are interesting

I'll look into your demons of recommendation :) :duff

Back