Rainmans next project: the girl possessed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainman wants you!

Raegan would be pretty sweet with the bed DX, some fresh and different.

I don't think there was enough interest in Marge (though I hope Rainman ignores the detractors there and does it anyway--if he thinks it's a good idea, then he should go for it!). If only she secretly cut the heads off of children and ate them, she would have been a near unanimous choice!

Ya....you betcha!
margegundersonhuh.png

Margie is cool, Fargo is great...but a pregnant female 1/6 figure?

What would Rainman do? Make a pregnant female chest peice? What's the appeal about that character to you? She wasn't the only person that stole the show....Maci, Buschemi, Presnell....all of them killed it. The thing with these Coen films is that all the characters are great. Still waiting on that Dude companion piece, and I hope it's his arch enemy Jesus.

Duck boots, satin parka, mitts, trapper hat with uniform all nice but the only thing that would convince me would be a 1/6 wood chipper with exposed leg as the extra item. Gotta have my violence.
tumblr_mkrfvuVZIq1qc8r3zo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Stiff made the best recommendation! Raegan from Exorcist! [emoji83]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would Rainman do? Make a pregnant female chest peice? What's the appeal about that character to you? She wasn't the only person that stole the show....Maci, Buschemi, Presnell....all of them killed it. The thing with these Coen films is that all the characters are great. Still waiting on that Dude companion piece, and I hope it's his arch enemy Jesus.
If recent history is an indication, he would probably just go with foam padding. I agree with the fact that there were lots of great performances in that film, including Peter Stormare. But Marge was very distinct among movie protagonists, while also being interesting, complex, and very likable. One of the best modern day detectives in film, and one of the best female performances (/performers) I've seen. From one of the best, most important movies of the 1990s. If a figure were to represent that film, it should be her. But I knew it was a long shot because it's not status quo enough. I'm thankful that he thought enough of the idea to get Magnus to pass the idea on here, though. Of course, Jesus could be another very awesome figure, though I think interest there would be about on par with what you saw for Marge.

Really? You don't see Hottoys....a multi million dollar company....getting the licensing rights to make product from a mega film like ET.
That's not even considering the fact that Hottoys has the manufacturing capabilities to possibly do the bike and a special boy sized TrueType. E.T's eyes are perfect for some kind of pers system. I heard there's going to be a remake of this film so I'm sure that will help spark some newfound interest in the original. I think it has a very very good chance of being picked up by Hottoys at some point.

I'm not a sculptor but I don't think ET would pose any difficulty in capturing likeness that would make Rainmans skill stand out more than another. It's not a Human face, but the elephant man combines both a human face with a severe structured bone and skin condition. Rainman's skill would definately shine because he has the talent to bring out those kind of details and deformity. I also think he's very good at capturing the right scale.

Oh boy, I hope not...

But addressing your points, no I don't think HT would bother with ET. As beloved as the film is and as well done as they could probably do it, I doubt they would. Hell, Batman Returns barely happened and that's Batman. Ripley's stuck in limbo. I don't think classic 80's/90's movies are their priority, and most wouldn't have an audience in HK.

And I don't disagree that Rainman would make an amazing Elephant Man. I would also like to see this happen at some point, just I'd like to see ET first :)

Could you imagine a rainman Wizard of Oz set? ( bye bye bank account):rotfl

Scarecrow with 1/6 scale straw! :yess:

I don't think there was enough interest in Marge (though I hope Rainman ignores the detractors there and does it anyway--if he thinks it's a good idea, then he should go for it!). If only she secretly cut the heads off of children and ate them, she would have been a near unanimous choice!

Marge isn't the most visually interesting character, but still one that deserves a figure. I hope RM goes ahead with this, even if it's a smaller commission run.

Stiff made the best recommendation! Raegan from Exorcist! [emoji83]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he wants a challenge, a possessed little girl with a scarred face can't be a bad thing :lecture

I hope he goes with an option lots of people are voting for, I'd be down for Raoul Duke

hzeeiixfinrittapwazy.jpg

I really dont see anything special with duke though...

There are tons of unique and special challenges with doing duke properly... mainly sculpting replacement parts like thigh and and chest pieces - to make a seamless unique custom body for the release itself. Not to mention the plethora of accessories he can concentrate on as well. Raoul is a character I have always scratched my head over as to why no one has made him. Would translate so well into a 1:6 character, with so many possible poses.

Most of all, a homage to Hunter himself.
hunter_s_thompson_1991_01_24.jpg

There are tons of unique and special challenges with doing duke properly... mainly sculpting replacement parts like thigh and and chest pieces - to make a seamless unique custom body for the release itself.
Now that definitely would make such a figure distinctive, if he went all out that way. Particularly with the exposed legs. Would be cool to get a DX head of Hunter himself. . .or Bill Murray!

wRaXWiv.jpg

Lee has told me he has pretty much decided on the Exorcist.

Although he is not 100% certain yet.

Lee has told me he has pretty much decided on the Exorcist.

Although he is not 100% certain yet.

YES!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I told him. When I mentioned in the thread earlier Exorcist with a chance at the bed, it's something many have kicked around. He could offer that up as a DX too.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent Choice!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap

Last edited:

Would be a great choice, but....err...no bloody crucifix please. C'mon, some sicko's gonna want to pose her like that.

Start that Thread already! The possessed girl or whatever generic name they use. I want the Official Confirmation Signed, Sealed and Delivered! :panic: :clap

Last edited:

Well, as I mentioned, Lee said he has almost decided. Hence why I haven't started the thread.

Perhaps he will officially confirm to someone else to start the thread.

Back