Rainman's new project: the elephant man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to seeing how he tackles this.

Something I've hoped for for a while now but thought I was whistling in the wind wanting it (it was up there on the 'unrealistic' list with a Clint & Clyde combo from 'Any Which Way But Loose' and a 'just pop me **** in the bathroom cabinet' Brundlefly).

The malformed body itself is going to take some doing with the bony protrusions and flipperesque hand:

Eleph02.jpg

Hopefully, the sack cloth/cap/coat & cane 'street walking' look will be catered for, as well as an 'unbagged/unmasked' Merrick:

elephant-man-5.jpg

As well as an 'accepted into society' version of Merrick in all his finery (theatre binocolours as an extra, please):

Elephant.jpg

This is a film that properly s##t me up as a kid (first saw it when I was about six or seven), but also one of the first I ever remember shedding a tear at. A rare movie that simultaneously manages to capture humanity at it's very worst and very best, with a true life figure who suffered through unimaginable adversity, but never pitied himself or looked for pity from others.

The fact John Hurt himself recently passed away makes this a most timely tribute and I for one love the fact RM is prepared to take it on.

I would buy this for sure.
At least with this Release I know I wouldn't have to worry about Battling Everyone within the First Few Minutes to try and Lock one down!

Been wayyyy out of the loop the last few months, so thought I might have missed this one. Glad to see that's not the case.

Seriously impressed with all the detailed work he's done on the body; the clustered bony protrusions, the oversized feet, hand etc. Full figure, all 'suited up', looks fantastic (even if that feels a highly inappropriate term to use, given the subject).

PO: May 5th.

He also seems to have updated his website and needs people to make new accounts. That's probably pretty important. :lol I wonder if that affects current VIPs?

He's written a detailed update about Elephant Man on his new site.

Apparently, Cyborg should be shipping soon too and he's provided a link for previous accounts - so we can still view our orders.

I too asked about how the VIP information would transfer.

The response was..............not helpful.

PO: May 5th.

He also seems to have updated his website and needs people to make new accounts. That's probably pretty important. :lol I wonder if that affects current VIPs?

From what i've seen there will be the suit clothing set and the robe/head cloth outfit set? Accessories seem to be the portrait of his mother, cane, and the Hurt bust.

The conundrum here is that the figure itself then has 3 potential views, one of which is unclothed.

I wondered because of the lack of interest is why he is only
having a 1 day window? It is so odd for a R/M release
there is no longer the Excitement of pass releases

Back