Rainman's new project [Factory Owner]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still not seeing a lot of Wilder in the sculpt :dunno

I see more Wilder than the first version, but yes it is still off some. The nose tip especially should hook downwards more and the wrinkles under his eyes seem too puffy.

600full-gene-wilder.jpg

14th+Annual+Art+Directors+Guild+Awards+Arrivals+kwXs43efFmTl.jpg

tumblr_lij3yvkpRQ1qi3n3go1_500.jpg

4147204287_1ee5ef7a88_o.jpg
303794_271939516174249_100000746078009_871537_1058375669_n.jpg

Last edited:
Rainman is still tweaking :)

I think this could be the hardest likeness to catch yet

So what direction is he painting the eyes, off to the side like in all the pics so far? ..I'd rather them looking forward like in your sig Teddy.

It does look better there, more pics always help. But I feel the nose tip comes down slightly more below the nostrils.
screen-shot-2011-07-25-at-10-24-36-pm.png

willmoviepic7.jpg

The sculpt is quite good, but again it's a tricky likeness to capture perfectly.

Personally, flipping between sculpt and pics entropy just posted I think the hook is as close as you can get, I fear anymore it would look too much!

Personally, flipping between sculpt and pics entropy just posted I think the hook is as close as you can get, I fear anymore it would look too much!

:dunno I think the lower part of the nose on the sculpt, the nostril shape as well as the tip, don't quite match up with how Wilder's nose is in reality. The unique shape of his nose is more apparent in the older pics of him. Flipping between the pics, I feel the eyebags are a little too puffy on the sculpt. Even as an old man they are wrinkly but not so puffy. We're only talking about a slight amount of discrepancy here, but it's the slight amounts that make or break a likeness.

young Gene for more comparison:
Gene_Wilder.jpg
tumblr_lg2tg6gO031qglalyo1_400.jpg
ns-Untitled_2_0498235368.jpg

Last edited:
I Agree ^^ the nose is Key. Perfecting that will make everything else come together. Their is a kind of imperfect downward bump on the tip of the nose, and Rainman should add that very slight crease on the middle tip of nose.

Moving ahead here but will Rainman use velvet for the Jacket? That Liberty London pattern on the vest is important & is there any chance the hat will be in a felt material similar to the Camel Hair suede material in the movie? Sorry for jumping ahead

Edit: This could really get expensive, it shouldn't be rushed!

Last edited:
Here is a manip

Sculpt at the front and Wonka at the back. The nose looks identical to me

If the nose was off I would be the first one to feed it back but I really do think we are splitting hairs now :dunno

fix.jpg

hellow
Thank you for interesting you guys opinion.

i think nose is not bad ^^

looks at down side photo.
i knew~ i am human.
customer want to get 100%.
we don't have perfect photo for making face.
if you make face.. you will know pls~^^

Thank you.

from now~
i will show final version.

Back