ZKULPTOR/Rainman project [BTTF Marty Mcfly]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The limited nature of the Rainman/Trevor/dchung/Skiman concoction I have on my shelf doesn't really matter to me personally. But its quality does. Even if HT pumps out something really great, I seriously doubt they will be able to match the awesomeness of the figure I currently own. I have no regrets about paying what I did to get it, and can't imagine selling it.

I mean, just the fact that freakin' Trevor Grove did the sculpt is gonna set this thing apart, I'm sure. He's simply the best there is at what he does.

Yeah, the limited nature goes hand in hand with the quality you mentioned. :exactly: I doubt (as you do) that a mass-produced figure will top the work of those involved.

Awesome to see two dude who think exactly like I do on this and appreciate it how I do... I'm the first person to ditch something when an upgrade comes around but with this... I turely think this is something very special.

:exactly::goodpost:

Well I think it's true that the fact that these were done by hand gives them an extra level of quality and specialness that a mass produced HT figure won't give you. I just meant that something being limited in itself doesn't matter much to me, though I know it does matter to others and I completely understand that. I just want the best figures I can have, whether they be an edition of 5 or 5,000. And my Marty is definitely up there among the very best figures I own.

Not a day goes by that I don't admire it on the shelf.

I hear you, I think what I'm having a hard time articulating was summed up by quite well by Ray's take, "there's just something special about it." :lol

I can't imagine liquidating my Rainman/Trev/Sosa Marty stuff...

Heck, I'm still gonna go ahead and try my own sculpt of Marty (revamping my old one), even given how great Trev's and Erick's sculpts are... PLUS I'm finishing a Doc and still planning accessories that go with him... like his tools, clipboard, tool chest, stop watches, wrist watches, radiation suit, remote control, etc., along with the plutonium case, backpack, jvc camcorder, etc. I've already done... and heck, maybe even an Einie... AND... a future Doc post rejuvenation clinic....

Once everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is displayed together, it'll just be mind-blowing, I think. I especially have my fingers crossed for that HT Delorean...

Are so many people here actually ditching their Marty? I mean I know hot toys supposedly claims hey have one coming but seriously Rainmans outfit and Trev's head with dans backpack paper goods and camera and the t 1000 glasses, I mean it's all just so awesome...

I just got dans backpack and looking back I don't even see people loving the backpack just people unloading it,

I dunno I might just upgrade a few parts if anything but I think this figure is just top notch can't see it being a good idea to let it go

No way in hell I'm selling mine! I have all of Dan's accessories and I'm enjoying them thoroughly. :)

The way I see it, even if the HT Marty is a homerun, the Trevor/Rainman/dchung combo makes for an amazing art piece. A "limited collectible" in a truer sense of the words. HT can't touch that!

I love my Marty custom and I'm looking forward to Hot Toys doing their version as well. My custom is just a unique work of art with so many talents involved in it's making that it just can't be touched! I could never part with it! If Hot Toys does an amazing job with theirs, I wouldn't mind just having yet another version of Marty to add to the collection. No reason in just limiting things down to one figure if you're really a big fan! I guess people are just unloading for money issues, just need one version of Marty, or a combination of both reasons.

[ame]https://youtu.be/Yw8uDqNbZ-8[/ame]

Are so many people here actually ditching their Marty? I mean I know hot toys supposedly claims hey have one coming but seriously Rainmans outfit and Trev's head with dans backpack paper goods and camera and the t 1000 glasses, I mean it's all just so awesome...

I just got dans backpack and looking back I don't even see people loving the backpack just people unloading it,

I dunno I might just upgrade a few parts if anything but I think this figure is just top notch can't see it being a good idea to let it go

Answer: No.

Ski

Where are all those people who want to sell theirs? I still cannot find them. :dunno

:wave :panic:

For me, although this IS quite a work of art, it's about the $ for me, sadly. If I can sell Marty here and get enough money to get the HT Marty and a chunk for the Delorean, then I've gotta do it.

Plus there's the thing of him being properly scaled to the car....

Last edited:
I need to sadly let go of my Trevor Marty Head :monkey2

This was the first Marty that Nathan painted. A prototype, if you want to call it.

PM me for details.

Thanks

MartyA01b.jpg

MartyA03.jpg

MartyA02.jpg

MartyB02.jpg

MartyB03.jpg

Hate to resurrect this thread after so long, but does anyone have a watch from this figure they'd be willing to sell? I need it!

2meafeb.jpg

The Rainman watches--though great looking, are really too big for the figure and are very fragile. Better to get a cheap one from dchung if he is still offering (they were $7 or $8 a piece I think).

I'll have more shortly for sale for you guys. I had a couple of batches of material go bad on me and the casts came out puffy/tacky...

I have a friend casting them for me at this point, and he told me he'd get a batch done by end next week.

Back