R.I.P. Anton Yelchin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK0Ut7q.jpg

Star Trek actor Anton Yelchin has passed away following an automobile accident at his home, TMZ reports.

Reports indicate that Yelchin was killed after being pinned between his car and a brick mailbox. The car was in neutral, with the engine running, when he was found. The driveway on the property is apparently on a steep incline.

Besides three Star Trek movies (including the forthcoming Star Trek Beyond), Yelchin is best known in fanboy circles for his roles in Terminator Salvation, The Smurfs, and Alpha Dog. The actor also played the title roles in Huff and Charlie Bartlett.

Yelchin was born in the USSR and moved to the United States in 1989 after his parents were relocated as political refugees. His parents, Irina (née Korina) and Viktor Yelchin, were pair figure skaters who were stars of the Leningrad Ice Ballet for 15 years. They apparently qualified for the 1972 Olympics but Soviet Union did not permit them to participate. They both remain involved in figure skating as coaches and trainers. Yelchin's uncle is the children's author and painter Eugene Yelchin.

Yelchin's career started in the '90s, although he didn't find widespread acclaim until 2006's Alpha Dog, in which he played the victim of a kidnap-and-murder plot based loosely on a true story. He's also appeared in the horror films Fright Night and Odd Thomas. He has a number of projects in production or post-production as of this writing, including Trollhunters, We Don't Belong Here, and the pilot to Mr. Mercedes, a planned TV adaptation of Stephen King's novel of the same name.

:monkey2

Man, this kid had his whole life and career ahead of him. So sad. I haven't seen the new Star Trek movies, but I remember him as Kyle Reese from Salvation.

Omg, I was just thinking of him today after starting to watching the original series because of the figure announcement. This is SO sad to hear...

I was really hoping this was one of those fake internet stories. So much potential wiped out in a freak accident.

Really enjoyed his portrayal of Chekov. Really looking forward to the next Star Trek film.

Gone way too soon......

Thoroughly enjoyed his acting. RIP. Will be missed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man...what the hell is going on this year?

I thought he was a good young actor. So sad.

I'm so terribly shocked at this news. The man had a real talent. He was a great Chekov, and though TOS will always be the best, I dare say he was a better Chekov than his illustrious predecessor.

He will be sourly missed... So young...

RIP mister Yelchin

Absolutely brutal way to go. He was so great in so many things. RIP.

Back