Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the explanation @RandomHero
The new policy is more about "ensuring the photos we show is equal to the product you get."

I am sure stores like Sideshow or BBTS will still offer pre-orders, because they only order from us based on what they sold at pre-orders,
so I am sure if you prefer pre-orders on the figures, there will be channels for that too.
So it seems that regular retailers that order stock from Asmus will still have a pre-order option for upcoming figures like Boromir. That would be a huge relief🙂

Thank you for the explanation @RandomHero
The new policy is more about "ensuring the photos we show is equal to the product you get."

I am sure stores like Sideshow or BBTS will still offer pre-orders, because they only order from us based on what they sold at pre-orders,
so I am sure if you prefer pre-orders on the figures, there will be channels for that too.
I don't understand how this can even work? Pre-orders are usually opened with prototype photos, and months ahead the final product is ready. How can a retailer put anything up for pre-order when you no longer want to reveal non-final/prototype photos to your customers?

I don't understand how this can even work? Pre-orders are usually opened with prototype photos, and months ahead the final product is ready. How can a retailer put anything up for pre-order when you no longer want to reveal non-final/prototype photos to your customers?
Maybe they will have the first run production piece all put together for product pictures?

Question for Asmus: why has your customer support taken such a huge blow in terms
of quality? There is no possible justification to this lack of response. It is cool of you to
be interacting on the boards, but answering emails addressed to your customer support,
sent by your ACTUAL PAYING CUSTOMERS, should logically be your TOP PRIORITY,
shouldn't it????

Mr Asmus, we need to have a very serious talk in private.
Thanks.

Question for Asmus: why has your customer support taken such a huge blow in terms
of quality? There is no possible justification to this lack of response. It is cool of you to
be interacting on the boards, but answering emails addressed to your customer support,
sent by your ACTUAL PAYING CUSTOMERS, should logically be your TOP PRIORITY,
shouldn't it????

Mr Asmus, we need to have a very serious talk in private.
Thanks.
hi, I have just started a conversation with you,
please let me know what I can do to help

I’d assume companies who suffered an ordeal similar to the Asmus Ash fiasco may reflect and determine that they need to put more effort into the production process, set higher standards for QC, not accept a massive drop in quality for final products or continue with the unannounced exclusion of features shown in prototypes.

Or, nah; better just do away with the PO process and try a ‘what you see is what you get’ approach.

Who says it won’t be both? Personally I would be really surprised if this Boromir figure isn’t one of the best they’ve ever produced, solely to show they’ve learned from the Ash situation.

Who says it won’t be both? Personally I would be really surprised if this Boromir figure isn’t one of the best they’ve ever produced, solely to show they’ve learned from the Ash situation.
Boromir is essentially a re-release with a new head and boots so it’ll be interesting to compare to the 1.0. His outfit and accessories were top notch first time around so if they nail the head then it should be a pretty great figure.

I’ll be looking at Bilbo to gauge Asmus’ current production standards. I think all we’ve seen so far is the prototype which looks really good - except for the overly dour expression- but that’s still executed well. It’s just the wrong choice.

Boromir is essentially a re-release with a new head and boots so it’ll be interesting to compare to the 1.0. His outfit and accessories were top notch first time around so if they nail the head then it should be a pretty great figure.

I’ll be looking at Bilbo to gauge Asmus’ current production standards. I think all we’ve seen so far is the prototype which looks really good - except for the overly dour expression- but that’s still executed well. It’s just the wrong choice.
The thing here though is that Asmus has always been top notch with tailoring and accessories. So based on the first Boromir, these should just be as good since there’s no changes.

It’s always been their sculpts and specifically paint that have dropped off from prototype to production, and that’s what I think they’re going to go to great lengths to rectify to put themselves back on the map. They need it.

We have seen a production sample of Bilbo already ;) This is what we are getting:
1652433651491.png

Mr Asmus, Cathy is again not answering my emails.
Please, let them now I have been waiting for a damned invoice for more than 1 week now........
Thx

Yep, I just read the email from Kathy, telling me
that I should contact you again if I don't receive
my invoice in 7 MORE DAYS.

That's what you call "helping out"?

BTW I can generate
a Paypal invoice in less time that it takes to write
Kathy's reply email.

Last edited:
Back