Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tailoring looks great, but with that head sculpt/facial expression it is a regrettable pass; unless I find it cheap/marked down later. Really bummed by this.
Gonna be great for a Jack the Ripper custom at least... 😅

Attachments

• Ea384bIWkAAKc4e.jpg
    Ea384bIWkAAKc4e.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 0
Not sure if this question has come up in these threads, but I was wondering if Asmus were picking up the “The Rings Of Power”? My hopeful answer is that they are not, since I’d personally prefer they concentrate on the Peter Jackson era.
Now, if they wanted to do original “Willow” figures……..😊👏

^ Agreed…give us (lots) more LOTR and Hobbit (yes optimistic I know!) figures first before even considering anything from that. :) There are still so many figures I want from both of those.

Now…if they wanted to do 1/6 Jurassic Park or Stargate figures….that’s an entirely different ball game (being optimistic again lol, well a girl can dream :lol)

I saw the recent Disney Marvel and Star Wars release schedule and thought, man Hot Toys is going to struggle keeping up with those!
I wouldn’t want Asmus getting stretched thin (something about butter, too much bread etc) over LOTR releases. They’ve done such a great job completing the initial Fellowship, have some great releases coming this year and have hinted at some awesome future reveals. If that got watered down for a series that might not really hit home with Tolkien fans, that would be a waste.
I’d be down for some JP releases since it looks like Chronicle have let that fizzle out.👍👍

I met the actor playing one of the guys with the big antlers on his back at a friend's film shoot. He seemed really excited about his role and his part did sound good, but yeah, keeping expectations low. Seems wise in this era of favourite franchises and beloved characters getting screwed over and kicked in the face by content "suppliers" - can't bring myself to call them creators...that involves creativity.

Was looking forward to it initially, but have to admit, the more I am seeing of it the lower my expectations are going.
Pretty much where I am at. I have tried to remain hopeful but I think the nail in the coffin of my hopes was trying to watch their Wheel of Time show. I figured if that show came out well it would be a good sign for Rings but I couldn’t make it past the first few episodes even though I tried.

Lifelong Tolkien fan here: I have absolutely no faith in The Rings of Power based off what we've seen so far. The CGI looks woeful and the costumes look really bad. Of course I'm going to give it a shot and want to be surprised but can't shake that doubt so far.

I too tried to give The Wheel of Time a go to see what Amazon could pull off in the fantasy genre and oh boy, was that a worrying wakeup call...not even my beloved Rosamund Pike could salvage it.

Hopefully Asmus will steer clear and focus on Jackson's LOTR instead...

I met the actor playing one of the guys with the big antlers on his back at a friend's film shoot. He seemed really excited about his role and his part did sound good, but yeah, keeping expectations low. Seems wise in this era of favourite franchises and beloved characters getting screwed over and kicked in the face by content "suppliers" - can't bring myself to call them creators...that involves creativity.
That's a great way of phrasing it.

Lifelong Tolkien fan here: I have absolutely no faith in The Rings of Power based off what we've seen so far. The CGI looks woeful and the costumes look really bad. Of course I'm going to give it a shot and want to be surprised but can't shake that doubt so far.

I too tried to give The Wheel of Time a go to see what Amazon could pull off in the fantasy genre and oh boy, was that a worrying wakeup call...not even my beloved Rosamund Pike could salvage it.

Hopefully Asmus will steer clear and focus on Jackson's LOTR instead...
The plate armour (and modern hair styles) really got to me. I was half hoping that it’s some fake trailer to keep expectations low with a peasant surprise but I can’t imagine that ever happening.

Back