Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m curious about Gollum. Are we ever going to see him? And I know it was said No in the past, but how about Denethor? It would really be a shame not to get one of the last of the secondary characters.
Yes, dear Gollum is proceeding but there is no any updates now. Denethor will not be in our list, thanks for your inquiry.

Anymore Devil May Cry figures coming? I had heard potentially devil trigger Dante, and Trish, but I'm out of the loop.

EDIT: I didn't realize this thread was in the LOTR sub forum, I only saw it as "Ask Asmus questions" thread from the suggested at the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
Can't wait either - I have a feeling we may see Shadowfax with this release hence why such the delay. Excited to see what follows in the Crown Series.
Last year (June 2020) someone found this photo of a Crown GtW prototype on Asmus social media pages. The hairstyle is perfect, isn't it?

Attachments

• Crow GTW Proto.jpg
    Crow GTW Proto.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 136
So I guess that means we have Arwen 2.0, HD Legolas, Crown GTW and maybe Gollum and that’s it for 2021?

Last year (June 2020) someone found this photo of a Crown GtW prototype on Asmus social media pages. The hairstyle is perfect, isn't it?
The hairing on that looks on point, just hoping the eyes are an improvement over the other Crown Gandalf. Hopefully just static eyes to get rid of that gap and a less intense stare.

He is getting ready soon, please keep following and waiting for our latest news.

Wow, Crown Gandalf the White is my most anticipated! Can't wait for the announcement.

Awesome...the one I am most looking forward to. Hopefully if Shadowfax is in the pipeline there will be a version without...I don't have room to display a 1/6 scale horse but really want a GTW! Looking forward to seeing Gollum too!

The hairing on that looks on point, just hoping the eyes are an improvement over the other Crown Gandalf. Hopefully just static eyes to get rid of that gap and a less intense stare.
I agree. The weird thing is that eyes on the prototype looked fantastic, I can't imagine what went wrong during the final stage. They came up extremely glossy, yet "flat" and with that severe black gap which cast a shadow all over them. Apart from this, it is truly an amazing figure.

I agree. The weird thing is that eyes on the prototype looked fantastic, I can't imagine what went wrong during the final stage. They came up extremely glossy, yet "flat" and with that severe black gap which cast a shadow all over them. Apart from this, it is truly an amazing figure.
Yep, prototype was perfect imo. The gap ruined it and the paint job on the eyes wasn’t the best, too piercing.
For $350 it should have looked like the prototype, which again was perfection.

So I guess that means we have Arwen 2.0, HD Legolas, Crown GTW and maybe Gollum and that’s it for 2021?
Arwen and Legolas will be releasing soon in these two months. The others was not confirmed yet. Thank you.

Wow Legolas within two months? Didn't expect that.
I suppose the quick turnaround isn’t all that surprising when you realise Hot Toys have about 100 preorder products available right now and Asmus have only a handful.

More focused lineup leads to more streamlined production.

Arwen and Legolas will be releasing soon in these two months. The others was not confirmed yet. Thank you.
Can you give us any indication as to what other sixth scale figures might be coming this year? I know that might be a tough question for you to answer, but I have limited space left for LOTR figures. I am hopeful Haldir and Galadhrim Archers will be coming sooner than later, and I'm sure many other members would like to have some idea on what to plan for....especially with so many other sixth scale figures coming out over the next 12 months.

Again, if you can't answer I think we all understand, but since we only know of Arwen and Legolas, it would be nice to know what Asmus is thinking for the rest of the year. We haven't seen much in the way of prototypes lately, mostly just things are they are going into production, so it's been harder to know what to plan for, both for display space and money budgeting purposes.

I forgot to ask what about Throne Thranduil or at least a Thranduil re-release this year?

Can you give us any indication as to what other sixth scale figures might be coming this year? I know that might be a tough question for you to answer, but I have limited space left for LOTR figures. I am hopeful Haldir and Galadhrim Archers will be coming sooner than later, and I'm sure many other members would like to have some idea on what to plan for....especially with so many other sixth scale figures coming out over the next 12 months.

Again, if you can't answer I think we all understand, but since we only know of Arwen and Legolas, it would be nice to know what Asmus is thinking for the rest of the year. We haven't seen much in the way of prototypes lately, mostly just things are they are going into production, so it's been harder to know what to plan for, both for display space and money budgeting purposes.
Thanks for your inquiry, we are proceeding the Old Bilbo, Nazgûl (revision), Gandalf the White of Crown Series in this year as I know. The othe rs are still in schedule but not confirm. Thank you.

Back