Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Word has it the new 4K UHD Blu ray version of the trilogy has tweaked the color balance. I never noticed it, but supposedly FOTR has long had a greenish tint, which they have now apparently fixed. I'm curious if the colors of this figure's costume will be closer to the newly color corrected version of the film. (Though, I would expect the entire prologue to still have that sepia-tone wash to indicate that it's a flashback.)

Either way, I find the blue cape against the gold of the armor really striking. It will pop nicely in the detolf!

Word has it the new 4K UHD Blu ray version of the trilogy has tweaked the color balance. I never noticed it, but supposedly FOTR has long had a greenish tint, which they have now apparently fixed. I'm curious if the colors of this figure's costume will be closer to the newly color corrected version of the film. (Though, I would expect the entire prologue to still have that sepia-tone wash to indicate that it's a flashback.)

Either way, I find the blue cape against the gold of the armor really striking. It will pop nicely in the detolf!

Our choice of color is actually entirely based on Weta's statue, (yes, the red pants too)
there are so little reference exsit, even from the archive of the licenser.

Weta's statue is our best bet. (however, we did add more gold to it)

Our choice of color is actually entirely based on Weta's statue, (yes, the red pants too)
there are so little reference exsit, even from the archive of the licenser.

Weta's statue is our best bet. (however, we did add more gold to it)

The Prologue elves look amazing Asmus.
Loving all the detail.
My question is:what material is used for the cloak to give it that shimmering effect?

Asmus....2021 is the 20th Anniversary of Fellowship of the Ring. How about an updated/reissue of the fellowship? Maybe not Gandalf since the crown series will be coming out out...but the others need updated headsculpts/ paint jobs and 2021 could be the perfect time..... what say you Asmus?

Asmus....2021 is the 20th Anniversary of Fellowship of the Ring. How about an updated/reissue of the fellowship? Maybe not Gandalf since the crown series will be coming out out...but the others need updated headsculpts/ paint jobs and 2021 could be the perfect time..... what say you Asmus?

"we fight!!!"...
Seems like a perfect quote from the King of the Dead.

Seriously,the designs and costumes from these movies,and the vast array of diverse characters make this a very exciting line for Asmus.

My imagination runs wild with the thought of Lurtz, Azog,Radagast,Moria Orcs,Uruk Hai, Sauron,etc.

Imagine a build a figure of Treebeard or Smaug!!

Asmus, can you upload some final product shots of Aragorn: Battle of Helms Deep, either in this thread or the thread for the figure? A lot of people are getting processing e-mails but waiting to pay until they see them, myself included.

Thank you!

I don't believe there's a thread for upcoming LoTR figures. I'm pretty sure the following have been confirmed for 2021:
Arwen 2.0 -- outfit TBA
Gollum -- no announcement on whether it will include a Smeagol portrait or be a Gollum/Smeagol 2-pack
Hobbits -- unsure if straight reissues, updates or variants
Lurtz

Are there any that I've missed or that Asmus is planning?
I know there's also been some talk of figures from the Hobbit but I don't really pay much attention to those.

I don't believe there's a thread for upcoming LoTR figures. I'm pretty sure the following have been confirmed for 2021:
Arwen 2.0 -- outfit TBA
Gollum -- no announcement on whether it will include a Smeagol portrait or be a Gollum/Smeagol 2-pack
Lurtz

I know there's also been some talk of figures from the Hobbit but I don't really pay much attention to those.

Black Gates Aragorn.

Arwen 2.0 -- outfit TBA
Lurtz

Throne Thranduil, Gandalf the White (Crown?), and Uruks

Arwen 2.0 -- outfit TBA
Lurtz

Definitely Arwen 2.0.

Will you restock Elrond in the future? I saw it is sold out on the official site. Does that mean that all of the limited editions with the flag are gone?

Back