Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will let you guys know before it starts pre-order,
because I know there are quite a few collectors own our previous version in this forum

Awesome, thanks Asmus. Been refreshing the forum post for Gandalf constantly for over a year now waiting for the sculpt only announcement. Been gambling on not getting the full figure in hopes I can upgrade my awaiting V1. Looks like the wait paid off.

Hey Asmus, it’s been an exciting year and thanks for everything you guys have accomplished so far.

Do you have any approximation on when we will see prototype pics for Helms Deep Legolas? I am so excited to see something to tease us.

I hope there is a way for them to hold some back in case those of us that bought the original don’t miss out.

I am getting the Crown but I was hoping to upgrade my original as well because there is no way I could afford two Crown Gandalfs. I would be lucky if my wife would still let me sleep in the house if I did that.

Yes, the head will be sold separately, but won't be mass, something like 50 - 100 pc

Wow! Definitely need to be quick on the trigger, for sure.

because I know there are quite a few collectors own our previous version in this forum

Thank you, Asmus.

I hope there is a way for them to hold some back in case those of us that bought the original don’t miss out.

I am getting the Crown but I was hoping to upgrade my original as well because there is no way I could afford two Crown Gandalfs. I would be lucky if my wife would still let me sleep in the house if I did that.

I hope so too. Don't take it the wrong way Rzez, but your post immediately made me clinch a bit. Felt a little more safe when Asmus mentioned purchase based on PoP from V1.

My brother owns the hobbit version of asmus Gandalf and is desperately after a new head sculpt. Hopefully we are able to get a chance.

Yes, the head will be sold separately, but won't be mass, something like 50 - 100 pc

Will you start a list? I desperately need to get onto the list like many others here.

I just made a purchase from Asmus direct and only got the PayPal confirmation; do they send an email confirm from them as well? It's been a while since I've ordered.

I hope so too. Don't take it the wrong way Rzez, but your post immediately made me clinch a bit. Felt a little more safe when Asmus mentioned purchase based on PoP from V1.
So which POP they need? The PayPal receipt? Ordered the V1 through Asmus back when it first was released. Might be a paint to try and dig that up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

When they updated their website, I lost all records of my previous purchases through them. Will be difficult to find a receipt.

As always, I should do better at elaborating my posts. My thoughts to keyboard seldom match these days...

So, I'm pretty sure for this reason Asmus has abandoned the PoP method because how would you do it? Send them the UPC? What if you throw out the box? Get the invoice? What if you keep your email clean and the site history is gone? etc. etc. What I had meant was, I just felt better when there was a method to obtaining based on upgrading what you already have. I'm just worried that if the release is limited to such a small run that we will get some snipers, unfortunately like the Anduril which had some long time followers left out with a few 5 posters getting in... Which at this point kind of makes me feel like an old man arguing about things.... I've just been holding on to the hope of getting that sculpt for V1 with my blinders on, completely ignoring the thought of going with the full crown version.

As always, I should do better at elaborating my posts. My thoughts to keyboard seldom match these days...

So, I'm pretty sure for this reason Asmus has abandoned the PoP method because how would you do it? Send them the UPC? What if you throw out the box? Get the invoice? What if you keep your email clean and the site history is gone? etc. etc. What I had meant was, I just felt better when there was a method to obtaining based on upgrading what you already have. I'm just worried that if the release is limited to such a small run that we will get some snipers, unfortunately like the Anduril which had some long time followers left out with a few 5 posters getting in... Which at this point kind of makes me feel like an old man arguing about things.... I've just been holding on to the hope of getting that sculpt for V1 with my blinders on, completely ignoring the thought of going with the full crown version.

I totally understand your concerns. There were indeed snipers on the Anduril deal and I'm sure that there will unfortunately be more with this one.

When they updated their website, I lost all records of my previous purchases through them. Will be difficult to find a receipt.
Same here... bought the figure back in the days, being today my only proof of the purchase the figure itself.
I guess that the reasonable way to go would be to offer on their site, giving us forum member the generous privilege of knowing in advance.

I get that, I did the same initially. For me it was essentially a risk assessment: seeing the prototype, I liked the sculpt, but didn't see enough upgrade in the clothing and rest of the figure to warrant the complete purchase. So I held out for getting the sculpt only, taking into account the chance of missing out entirely.

Upon seeing the production version, my interest in the figure increased to the extent that I did not want to miss out on this. So I ordered the full figure after all, since the risk of not getting the sculpt here became too great for me.

Especially now reading that only 50-100 heads will be made available, that list will be filled up in no time.

I am a bit jealous to some of you that want to have both the crown version and the sculpt (basically two DX sculpts), as there are guys like me with only V.1 Gandalf, that may miss the sculpt altogether. It's fair enough as you have V.1 too, yet, you got my point.
I still have their GtW, and two Sam and Frodo heads both from original double-box release and extension packs (the new Frodo one with green eyes and poorly painted hair, and I am still waiting for a proper painted head, as many of you are too). So up until now I did not have luck to get things smoothly (well, maybe Sam can be considered as a smooth one, though the non shaved look is strange), and, yes, I got the Anduril (but I am an old customer anyway and ordered almost all their figures directly).

Back