Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally think (and would prefer) that it's one figure set up 2 different ways, which makes a little more financial sense then two oh-so-slightly different figures.
1 - Because it encourages multiple sales for people who want to showcase both poses and have the resources/space for multiples of this figure.
2 - It also encourages people on the fence on buying the figure altogether to buy one because they can change up the display over time and they don't have to worry about having to buy multiple similar figures just to acquire a couple more accessories.

I'm a tad bummed about it not being Sauron, but this figure does look beautiful so far, definitely one to think about (space and money willing).

a19adfd68a1ad03bcae72715602add60.jpg

Ahhhh!! An amazing teaser from Asmus. I know most people were expecting Sauron, but these will do nicely! Is it just me or do they look like 2 different head sculpts? Either side of Elrond [emoji122]

Looks epic, I for one am not at all disappointed, any Last Alliance figures are welcome. Hopefully Gil Galad will follow at some point but I really want Sauron next given Asmus has said they're making him.

I hope they come with the great elven warrior sword, I really want to display one with the iconic sword stance from the prologue scene.

What a weak reveal. Had high hopes. Instead, unnamed elf warriors? Really! Looks just like elrond, with some minor changes and a different sculpt. You guys have been squeaking by lately. This is an easy pass.

What a weak reveal. Had high hopes. Instead, unnamed elf warriors? Really! Looks just like elrond, with some minor changes and a different sculpt. You guys have been squeaking by lately. This is an easy pass.

Wow. That was harsh.

I get it and you are totally free to form your own opinion (there are definitely many other choices I would have picked before these) but I will say I disagree with the comment about minor changes and find that a little unfair of an assessment. In the video they said the armor was completely different. So whether the choice excites you or not it does sound like they did put a lot of time and effort into design at least with the outfits and the weapons. I could be wrong but I don’t think they are doing much sharing at all with Elrond. That’s just my opinion though.

Also while I did not have these on my want list at all, I will be getting them. Personally I think Elrond will look great with an elven swordsman and archer at his side.

Argh these are so cool! Now I need 4 in total, 2 of each so I can flank Elrond with the swordsmen and have archers covering.

The Last Alliance scene evokes a tonne of nostalgia for me; I still remember as a kid going to watch the FOTR and from the opening moments of the battle I knew I was watching a masterpiece. The wall of Elven warriors scything through the hordes of Mordor, epic.

Surely Asmus is going all in on the Last Alliance now.

damit this is gonna be like troopers, need to army build!

also just me or that purple material is too shiny?

damit this is gonna be like troopers, need to army build!

also just me or that purple material is too shiny?
yeah i think it is like a shimmery purple blue.
It seems to catch the light.
Am hoping Asmus may chime in on what material is being used for it.
All in all a beautiful figure.
Asmus potential with the Elves has me hoping Haldir will eventually be revealed in 2021.

The problem is the purple isn’t exactly accurate, still a stunning figure. 5DF48F6C-65E9-4B36-8D0D-3CF24B5AD0D0.jpg0EF0EF26-1BB8-4ADC-9AAF-5EBE66EDDA4A.jpeg3C84FB54-39A7-4E5E-8A5B-F7C78481E238.jpeg

The problem is the purple isn?t exactly accurate, still a stunning figure. View attachment 500833View attachment 500834View attachment 500835

The top picture looks like purple with some sort of wash over it.

The costume display of the third picture seems to be purple too. Look at the back of the cape that’s behind the shoulder.
Maybe the purple has a gold wash on it.

On a side note: I’m wondering if this means we will get gil-galad and more last alliance characters .. leading to sauron.

others complaining about the colour of the cape on facebook got this reply from Asmus...
Asmus Toys: We honor the choice of Weta Collectible's Elven statue, and it is also what the license wishs.

others complaining about the colour of the cape on facebook got this reply from Asmus...
Asmus Toys: We honor the choice of Weta Collectible's Elven statue, and it is also what the license wishs.

I think people tend to forget that the license holder can dictate what they want. The whole pending licensor approval deal.

Me personally I like the look and colour of the cape.

Back