Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waltz blew me out of the water in IB....I never expected that type of performance, stunning, i was so glad he won the Oscar he totally deserved it. Also i'll throw this out there I would love to see Daniel Day Lewis team up with QT, that would be something.

Would be dream come true!

Waaay better then Will Smith. At least in Ray, The Soloist, and Dreamgirls Foxx proved he can act. Collaterals not bad either.

I've never seen Smith in a serious role I believed. Pretty much why I Am Legend sucked.

Ali? Pursuit of Happyness? Seven Pounds?

Even Foxx is getting some good movies! :lol He's in Kane and Lynch (yes the movie based on the video game) also! He's playing Lynch

Sounds like a piece of ____ to me.I thought Django was an Italian?Inglorious Basterds was a let down as I was expecting a Magnificent 7 type of film,not a ____ty foreign love story that I could give 2 ____s about.I love QT ,but this is his worst film.If QT isnt going to get the Django Character right,why not call it something else?Why put his fan boy fantasies into a title and not back up the film?

I guess king darkness will watch any piece of ____ put in front of him!

2628e50.gif

Quentin Tarantino may have already lined up another grizzled veteran -- Kurt Russell -- to fill the slot vacated by Kevin Costner in “Django Unchained,” TheWrap has learned.

The Weinstein Co., which is distributing the film domestically, confirmed that Russell is in talks to play Ace Woody, the villain. Costner dropped out of the role because of an apparent scheduling conflict.

“Django,” set in the 19th century West, stars Christoph Waltz, Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson. Russell would take over as a henchman for DiCaprio's character, Calvin Candie, who owns a plantation where slaves are forced to battle to the death.

Waltz plays a bounty hunter who buys and then frees a slave, played by Foxx. Once a friendship blossoms, Waltz's character then helps Django try to rescue his wife.

Russell and Tarantino have worked together before, on 2007's "Death Proof," in which he played an over-the-hill Hollywood stunt double named "Stuntman" Mike.

Sucks for Costner.

Huge fan of Spaghetti Westerns. I've known for years that QT loves them to and I had a feeling he would make one someday. I know it will be bad ass coming from him.

This is one of my favorite Ennio Morricone themes. It's called Man With A Harmonica from the film Once Upon A Time In The West. The sound is haunting.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6BQKFs3-VM&list=PL6E1A6455CC8B36F1&index=42"]Once Upon A Time In The West - Man With A Harmonica - YouTube[/ame]

Costner had a scheduling conflict? What did he have to do, go grocery shopping?

I prefer Russell too. Glad to see him join the cast.

Costner had a scheduling conflict? What did he have to do, go grocery shopping?

:lol I thought pretty much the same!

I have to say though, I would've preferred Costner for the role. The man has done some great work in westerns like Dances With Wolves and Open Range. I'd love to see him back in the genre. I think he would've done well.

Back