Statue Queen Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:4 (2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to be a cynic but to we really think the artist is painting all of the rooted sculpts?

I fully expect the paint to be great and comparable to the proto pics for the sculpted

It's 1k more due to the hair IMO
That was the whole point of the Artists Edition, hence the name. The artist (Viper) was meant to be painting these. QS confirmed this themselves, so it would be false advertising if that wasn't the case. I'd imagine these come with some sort of COA signifying that he painted and haired them. This is the reason it costs so much.

Stxrijs.jpg

0RxcsEm.jpg
Looks like the hair has been scluplted at the point where it joins the base, and is unpainted there? (skin tone). I'd have assumed this should be the same as the hair colour, with white layered on top (at least on the Artisan, where care has been taken). TBF I'm looking at it on a huge screen, I'm sure it will be fine at scale. Obviously a step down the proto; but still really amazing, just missing a touch life in the eyes\expression\pose.

Last edited:
That was the whole point of the Artists Edition, hence the name. The artist (Viper) was meant to be painting these. QS confirmed this themselves, so it would be false advertising if that wasn't the case. I'd imagine these come with some sort of COA signifying that he painted and haired them. This is the reason it costs so much.
Will be interesting to compare the two when they are released, as the sculpted proto pics look the same
Looks like the hair has been scluplted at the point where it joins the base, and is unpainted there? (skin tone). I'd have assumed this should be the same as the hair colour, with white layered on top (at least on the Artisan, where care has been taken). TBF I'm looking at it on a huge screen, I'm sure it will be fine at scale. Obviously a step down the proto; but still really amazing, just missing a touch life in the eyes\expression\pose.
Yep that's how queen do rooted like on Bruce Wayne, which I prefer personally as it gives more control of the way it behaves and looks rather than rooting everything which leaves gaps where there is no hair

I’ll be getting P1 and while JND overall is better as it should for the money, P1 has a better sculpt overall lol. On topic, QS just showed they can bring a better sculpt and accuracy for half the price of JND and a smaller scale. Wait for their inevitable 1/3 purple suit and 1/2. QS>JND. Easy.
Well, lets wait before we get it. That is my most anticipated piece!!! Thats why I bought two.

P1 does not have a better sculpt, we can agree to disagree on that one. At least the first sculpt. Ill wait for the other. But that first sculpt is terrible. It isn't just the paint. It looks night and day like the proto! Not even close. But better hope they saved themselves by the other one. Hell I even bought that one. But I knew right away that statue was going to be messed up. Thats why I never ordered it. But lets talk about something we can agree on QS!!!

Well, lets wait before we get it. That is my most anticipated piece!!! Thats why I bought two.

P1 does not have a better sculpt, we can agree to disagree on that one. At least the first sculpt. Ill wait for the other. But that first sculpt is terrible. It isn't just the paint. It looks night and day like the proto! Not even close. But better hope they saved themselves by the other one. Hell I even bought that one. But I knew right away that statue was going to be messed up. Thats why I never ordered it. But lets talk about something we can agree on QS!!!
QS my favorite high end statue company. Still need more variety from them but so far they’ve killed their Joker statues. Need the 1/2 and purple suit 1/3 too.

I'm really nervous about the artist edition now. I just dont think they can match the prototype. Thinking the best move might be to buy the cheaper version then have it repainted and rooted hair added.

I still think it looks good and we need clearer pics, but I too would be concerned if I'd paid for the artists edition as it's a lot more expensive

I have artist edition but if it’s out in HK I see this shipping maybe Feb/Mar here in the states. If sculpted isn’t out then June wouldn’t seem that far off.

I have artist edition but if it’s out in HK I see this shipping maybe Feb/Mar here in the states. If sculpted isn’t out then June wouldn’t seem that far off.
Unfortunately June is still Q2 and this is currently meant to come in Q1 so yeah you're right. I just hope they release pics of the sculpted before it sells out lol

My only fear with modifying the sculpted hair version with rooted hair is that the sculpted hair is sculpted onto his left ear and wont be able to remove it cleanly.

1640970942405.png

I wonder if the artist version with rooted hair and the standard version are the same cast sculpt, and the standard version just has extra plastic strands of hair attached to add bulk, and the artist version just has rooted hair to add bulk. The artist version definitively has sculpted hair strands at the base of the hairline.

Artist isn’t rooted hair it’s artificial hair covering the sculpted roots. Like how CREG and Adam Gu do it. It faster and less maintenance. Like how they did their Bale Deluxe sculpt. Nothing bad with that. I just think they learned it was more time consuming and would cost more this time around compared to 1/3 where they priced too low since they were still starting. It’s unfortunate but understandable.

OK right right that's what I mean, my bad. When you look at a closeup pic of the standard version it's clear that there is a base sculpt (the face, and some parts of the hair- roots and some of the 'bulk' of the hair) then there are extra plastic strands added onto that base sculpt to fill out the rest of the hair. Do you think the artist version is that same exact base sculpt but switching out those added plastic strands for real hair? Or a more sanded down version of the base sculpt, still using sculpted roots but sanding down the "bulk" in the rest of the hair to make room for the real hair? Please let me know if that doesnt make sense lol.

OK right right that's what I mean, my bad. When you look at a closeup pic of the standard version it's clear that there is a base sculpt (the face, and some parts of the hair- roots and some of the 'bulk' of the hair) then there are extra plastic strands added onto that base sculpt to fill out the rest of the hair. Do you think the artist version is that same exact base sculpt but switching out those added plastic strands for real hair? Or a more sanded down version of the base sculpt, still using sculpted roots but sanding down the "bulk" in the rest of the hair to make room for the real hair? Please let me know if that doesnt make sense lol.
Not sure what you mean exactly, but the artist version just has a sculpted hairline to make it look more natural, and then faux hair glued onto the bald sculpt. This is how they done both their 1/3 Ledger Joker and Bale Batman. The regular version is just entirely sculpted hair.

I'm not even sure if it's possible to root hair into a resin sculpt, but everyone just refers to it as rooted hair.

Back