Statue Queen Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:4 (2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK right right that's what I mean, my bad. When you look at a closeup pic of the standard version it's clear that there is a base sculpt (the face, and some parts of the hair- roots and some of the 'bulk' of the hair) then there are extra plastic strands added onto that base sculpt to fill out the rest of the hair. Do you think the artist version is that same exact base sculpt but switching out those added plastic strands for real hair? Or a more sanded down version of the base sculpt, still using sculpted roots but sanding down the "bulk" in the rest of the hair to make room for the real hair? Please let me know if that doesnt make sense lol.
Here’s an example. Not my pic or sculpt. It’s a recast I think but same concept. They sculpt the hairline so it looks more detailed and accurate versus punching it like JND via silicon. This makes the hairline look natural and not like a doll. Then they glue faux hair and layer it.
1641136432923.jpeg

I think I know what he means, he's asking whether the base head of both versions are the same, before added the hair for the artist version, or added the sculpted hair parts for the sculpted version.
Because maybe there's different parts on the base head for each version, like, maybe, for the haired version, the base sculpt has less sculpted hair on the head part, and for the sculpted version, there's more sculpted hair on the head before they added the rest of the sculpted hair parts.

I think the base sculpt is the same, but not the same lol

Obviously at the hairline it has to be different and I'm not even sure they sculpted both ears on the sculpted version

So they will look very different before the hair is put in, but the facial sculpt will be the same

Yes, that's what I'm trying to say, the face is the same, but for the top of the head, he's asking if there will be a difference in the base sculpt for the haired and sculpted one.
I believe this has to do with planning to buy the sculpted version and trying to modify it into a haired version, but he's afraid that the sculpted one will not have any left ear, or if there's going to be more sculpted hair that is part of/non removable from the top of the head itself.

The sculpted hair one wouldn't be the same as the rooted at all, apart from the face. I would imagine the hair is likely part of the sculpt. Just get the rooted hair one if you want rooted. It will come out good, just have faith.

Most likely the same base sculpt on both versions. Looking at the close up of the sculpted hair, you can see a zig zag seam where hair pieces are attached to the head sculpt itself. The full hair isn't a part of the sculpt at all.

It's normal for sculpted hair to be done in sections to achieve a more realistic and layered look. Looking at a close-up, nothing here suggests to me it's the same as the rooted one.

queen-studios-img-8898.jpg

TheJokerbyQueenStudios_1080x.jpg

The sculpted hair one wouldn't be the same as the rooted at all, apart from the face. I would imagine the hair is likely part of the sculpt. Just get the rooted hair one if you want rooted. It will come out good, just have faith.
Only issue is that it's sold out everywhere

I personally wouldn't be prepared to chop up the sculpted version to do my own rooting, even if it were possible. The sculpted looks great to me

Is it basically impossible to preorder this now? Or is there anywhere it's still available?

I am not too familiar with Queen; I've been looking at a few different pieces on youtube out of curiosity.

Are their final products often quite close to the prototype that is advertised? The photos shared a few pages back look off to me but I also think the lighting is terrible in them.

I am not too familiar with Queen; I've been looking at a few different pieces on youtube out of curiosity.

Are their final products often quite close to the prototype that is advertised? The photos shared a few pages back look off to me but I also think the lighting is terrible in them.
Generally yes. I have their 1:3 Joker and had their 1:3 Batman (recently sold it). From a quality point of view, both pieces pretty much match the prototype, although both went through some slight design changes from prototype to production (Joker's hair changed a bit, and Batman's cowl head sculpt changed a bit on the production piece, particularly the angle of it).

Both of these statues are some of the best I've ever seen as far as quality goes. The guy I sold my Batman to was blown away when he saw the Bale sculpt as he had never seen a QS piece in person before.

You are correct, the teaser pictures for this looked terrible with poor lighting. I would wait for better pics. I have faith that QS will deliver.

I defended the pics at first and whilst the lighting is awful, it's now clear to me that the final piece took a downgrade in the paint. It's lacking a lot of detail especially around the eyes and forehead, on the proto there were subtle skin tones showing through the black but none of that on the final piece. For the price of the artists edition I would be concerned and I'm now not holding my breath for the sculpted. I know a little downgrade is normal in the final product and I hope wrong. I'll be the first to order the sculpted when the final pics are released and look good, it's just not looking likely to me however

Have any of you messaged queen studios on any of their social media platforms (instagram/facebook) and said you're concerned about the pics they released? If we all do it, it might make encourage them to improve the final pieces before release. They are a company that seems to care about pleasing the customer

Have any of you messaged queen studios on any of their social media platforms (instagram/facebook) and said you're concerned about the pics they released? If we all do it, it might make encourage them to improve the final pieces before release. They are a company that seems to care about pleasing the customer
No, but given the recent pics It seems like production is well and truly on the way, if not already done, so I doubt anything will change now.

It's definitely worth a try, queen are customer focused and active on social media, however the best you might get is, thank you this has been passed to our art team

Back