Queen Studios: The Batman - Batman (Robert Pattinson) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like many, it's quite an odd decision to just slapped Batmobile rear side to be his base. But TBH, IF they change it, then yay for us, but even if they didn't, I can live with it since it doesn't distract that much once we get accustomed to see it and that red LED looks cool anyway. My humble suggestion IF they want to change the base they can incorporate the Batcave staircase like what Hot Toys done with their base.

Otherwise, the realism of the cowl shape, details of the suit, the Robert body type, the suit color (the Prime 1 is too dark and have the overall blackness in it) is just perfect and blow Prime 1 out of the water.

And the statue pose has the mix of the broodiness but also heroic at the same time, (vengeance and hope, i guess...the central theme of the movie ;)) at least he didn't stand so straight like this life size statue did haha....

Now..the only question is: do i get this one or the highly anticipated 1/6 figure from QS?View attachment 567611

That’s my thinking too. I can live with it but would much rather they change it. If they don’t though, it’s not like everything else is not (to me) PERFECT.

as for your question,

You buy both. Do it.

That’s good to hear. Honestly, it Wouldn’t surprise me if they do tweak the base.
I’ve seen the interviews with John who represents Queen and he does sound sincere when he says
they listen to the feedback.
he mentions how they postponed the 1:1 captain America which only had one arm cause fans said he looks like
an amputee. They postponed the preorder because marvel is very picky, and they had to get their permission
to change it.
I vaguely recall him saying dc is not too bad.
and he did brought up this Batman’s base and laughed about the feedback of him looking like he’s standing on an rc remote car.
anf he said it will be passed along to the team.
so it’s probably a matter of going to dc first and ask permission to redo the base.

I work in the printing industry, and once the customer signs off on their files to be printed, if we happen to notice something that has to be changed, we dont just fix it, we let the customer know first, because that’s not what they signed on, and we have to get their permission first to change it.
So hopefully they can make a comment soon to put our minds at ease.
Nice..while you can never please everyone but aiming for the best customer satisfaction is a the right path for long term investment.

btw Remy, based on your previous post, you seem to collect mostly a 1/6 figures... what made you want to enter this 1/3 scale statue? or will you consider their QS 1/6 figure of The Batman? I can only choose one tbh and this really torn me apart lol

That’s my thinking too. I can live with it but would much rather they change it. If they don’t though, it’s not like everything else is not (to me) PERFECT.

as for your question,

You buy both. Do it.
Yeah, it's just a small base mostly with dominated with black glossy abit silver ornaments and LED lights. Which one will you purchase though? the deluxe or regular?

In this time and situation i honestly can only get one... here's my thinking: my fear about statue in general was..other than the old space display issues or higher price point, but will the static nature of statue bored me as the time goes... i know the figure will be less detailed and smaller in scale of course...but when we are tired of one pose, we can always changed pose or mimicking those favorite scene from the movie... it's too bad QS didn't made a 1/4 scale figure..love that scale for figure or statue.

Nice..while you can never please everyone but aiming for the best customer satisfaction is a the right path for long term investment.

btw Remy, based on your previous post, you seem to collect mostly a 1/6 figures... what made you want to enter this 1/3 scale statue? or will you consider their QS 1/6 figure of The Batman? I can only choose one tbh and this really torn me apart lol
lol.a couple of weeks ago, I was mainly 1/6 only.
but after getting my first 1/3 statue not too long ago, the game changed.
If someone told me a couple of weeks ago, I would selll all my 1/6 Captain America, along with almost half of my 1/6 figures, I would laugh at their face.
But after getting my first 1/3 statue a few weeks ago, i now see why those who collect statues start to phase out their 1/6.
I almost even contemplated selling all 1/6, but after calming down and took a breather, decided to part with all that I won’t shed a tear to…for now. lol
pretty much, most of the ones that I can upgrade to 1/4 or 1/3 gets sold.

I have a pretty good 1/6 display with leds and backdrops, so the bigger pieces didn’t temp me before.
i have a couple of 1/4, and I thought I would get one 1/3 as a centerpiece, and it all changed after it was displayed in my collection.
Ive seen 1/3 before at the comic book store, and I thought they were cool, but it’s so different when it is in your collection display.
You stare at it, and for the first time, the 1/6 starts to look like a toy.
like I said, I’ve calmed down a bit and decided not to sell all, but I’m slowly transitioning to mainly 1/4 to 1/3 statues.

a couple of weeks ago, 100% I would have bought the two pack queens 1/6 rooted joker. but now the game changed, its now statues, and maybe a few 1/6 here and there.
I preordered hot toys Pattinson Batman, and I’m canceling it now since I preordered the Queens 1/3 Pattinson Bats.
so I will pass also on queens 1/6 Pattinson.

I think this 1/3 Pattinson Batman will have a tremendous presence, specially since it is in my opinion one of the most unique and highly detailed batsuit.
‘the details are just gonna be on another level, in 1/3 scale.

Called it, queen aren't changing the base. I guess they're rushing to get this one out to compete with P1, and beat JND to their reveal

Well, John from queen studios was at Justin’s podcast and he brought up the base again and ‘it sounds
like it’s not gonna get changed.
he mentioned how they did please the people who wanted the captain America bust,
But sometimes, you can’t please everyone, in this case, this is what the artist had envisioned, so it looks
like they’re sticking with it.

honestly, a little disappointed by this remark.
I do understand what he says on some instances, such as hot toys fan base, it seems like many times,
they’re never happy and that anytime something is revealed, you’ll have a lot of complaining. Every time.

I think this is different, and that It IS similar to the captain America bust where they did have to change it because the end result looks silly.
what’s the point of saying you listen to every feedback when you really don’t.
i guess it’s just another PR remark?

part of me wishes that I shouldnt have preordered too soon as sometimes, the only way some companies will listen
is with your money. Money talks.

In the end though, whether they changed it or not, I still would have picked this as I prefer this Batman statue, minus the base, over the prime 1.
the prime 1 is not enough for me pull the trigger for a 1/3, but the Queen‘s Batman did.
just not fond of the base.
plus a big selling point is that the price is also still reasonable for 1/3 scale as most seems to be hitting the
$1500-1700 mark.
So $1100 for this is not a bad price for 1/3.
and I know I would pass with JND as it will be most likely double the price at $2200.

Hopefully, it’s something that can be easily be overlooked in hand.

Listening to feedback isn't the same as changing the design when people complain. I agree that the base looks silly but at the end of the day it's an artistic decision, I knew they wouldn't change it unfortunately

Well, I cancelled my Pre-order.
Like I said, I'm a firm believer of letting your money do the talking. Some companies ignore their own fanbase cause they
know no matter what, they'll buy it anyway.
The more I look at it, the more it bothers me.

These pieces are not cheap, and at this pricepoint, there shouldnt be any second guessing.
I may instead go with Prime 1.

Well, I cancelled my Pre-order.
Like I said, I'm a firm believer of letting your money do the talking. Some companies ignore their own fanbase cause they
know no matter what, they'll buy it anyway.
The more I look at it, the more it bothers me.

These pieces are not cheap, and at this pricepoint, there shouldnt be any second guessing.
I may instead go with Prime 1.
Good choice, and I agree, only way companies will change something is if people vote with their wallets. If people just say 'oh well, it is what it is' and order anyway, then they have no incentive to change it.

This decision surprises me though. Queen usually listen to feedback and have changed stuff before. Granted, changing an entire base is a big decision so there was always a chance it wasn't going to happen, but I think if sales for this are poor they'd have to consider it.

With how popular this movie is I don’t see a scenario where this thing sells poorly.

Good choice, and I agree, only way companies will change something is if people vote with their wallets. If people just say 'oh well, it is what it is' and order anyway, then they have no incentive to change it.

This decision surprises me though. Queen usually listen to feedback and have changed stuff before. Granted, changing an entire base is a big decision so there was always a chance it wasn't going to happen, but I think if sales for this are poor they'd have to consider it.
Yeah, when people keep supporting companies and they know you'll buy it no matter what anyway, then you end up getting a Justice League Superman that has a BvS head. That's you Hot toys.

Again, I understand if the comments are close, where half likes it and half does not. There are always fans that are never happy.
But its not even close here. Almost every single one here is asking to fix the base.

Yeah, I'm like you, I'm surprised they're sticking to this decision, specially when John a week ago even laughed about the comments about the miniature car, as he can see what people are talking about.
And the thing is, they dont necessarily have to change the base. Just fix it, maybe put a platform above the car for him to stand on. Something to break the illusion of him standing on top of a remote control car. I dont really think that would be hard.

It sucks cause this is really the best bang for your buck at $1100 for a regular.
But if I'm gonna spend that much money, it has to be something I'm 100% gonna be in love with.
Most likely will end up getting the Prime 1.

Yeah, when people keep supporting companies and they know you'll buy it no matter what anyway, then you end up getting a Justice League Superman that has a BvS head. That's you Hot toys.

Again, I understand if the comments are close, where half likes it and half does not. There are always fans that are never happy.
But its not even close here. Almost every single one here is asking to fix the base.

Yeah, I'm like you, I'm surprised they're sticking to this decision, specially when John a week ago even laughed about the comments about the miniature car, as he can see what people are talking about.
And the thing is, they dont necessarily have to change the base. Just fix it, maybe put a platform above the car for him to stand on. Something to break the illusion of him standing on top of a remote control car. I dont really think that would be hard.

It sucks cause this is really the best bang for your buck at $1100 for a regular.
But if I'm gonna spend that much money, it has to be something I'm 100% gonna be in love with.
Most likely will end up getting the Prime 1.
How much is the Prime 1? was it a $500 more than the regular? I still can't get over the price and how inaccurate their texture and the overall color of their statue, their mask doesn't even feel leathery if you now what I mean... And i'm afraid i'm gonna bit bore with that museum static pose... Would you rather consider to get the Inart version Remy?

How much is the Prime 1? was it a $500 more than the regular? I still can't get over the price and how inaccurate their texture and the overall color of their statue, their mask doesn't even feel leathery if you now what I mean... And i'm afraid i'm gonna bit bore with that museum static pose... Would you rather consider to get the Inart version Remy?
Agreed. That's the reason I havent POed Prime 1 yet. Price is too steep specially since I'm not gonna display it without the cowl.
Also, I agree texturing and the color is not as good as Queens.
They did post a video yesterday of the cowl, and it looks impressive. I also do love the extra accessories, the removeable magnetic bat symbol. Removeable Venom cartridge, and I really love the Base.

I'm still considering all options. I'd rather not get the Inart 1/6 version as I'm really trying to phase out a lot of my 1/6. My office desk at home is literally filled with 1/6 figures and accessories that I'm boxing up to sell.

I would rather have this Batman in 1/3 scale as it is the most unique looking Batsuit in my opinion. (Not the best, that's Batfleck suit for me). But this suit, with so much detail, will look impressive in larger scale.
Ung...The $1600 price though for P1...just not ready to PO yet. And although JND is even gonna be worse and probably twice the price of Queens,
I am still curious to see what it looks like. I did say to myself before that one of these days, I would like to own a JND. If their Batman is just mindblowing, then that might be a consideration as well. That's a big big IF though as I'm sure its double the price of Queens.

If the 1/6 Inart version is as impressive as their 1/6 Ledger, and I eventually decided, I'm fine in smaller scale, then sure, I might just pick up the Inart Version.
But at the moment, I'd rather get the larger scale. Who knows, I might even PO Queens again if maybe with more pictures and videos, I feel I might be able to overlook the base. But I shouldnt have been quick to PO when I am unsure of it.

Prime 1 is better in every way to me. Sculpt, accessories, base, even the tailoring on the suit looks better in my opinion. You can tell the Queen is a statue, whereas the Prime 1 has a fabric material look to it, in my opinion. I'm also waiting to see what JND comes up with.

If you're so unsure I'd wait to see what JND can do, they seem to be getting better with each release and whilst joker was bad, I thought mera looks great, they may knock pattinson out of the park and that would be the ultimate version

If you're so unsure I'd wait to see what JND can do, they seem to be getting better with each release and whilst joker was bad, I thought mera looks great, they may knock pattinson out of the park and that would be the ultimate version
True.
Curious to see if its going to be mixed media like most of their statues, or if the clothing will be sculpted like catwoman.

True.
Curious to see if its going to be mixed media like most of their statues, or if the clothing will be sculpted like catwoman.
I'd guess fully sculpted except cape, I agree will be interesting to see how it turns out

Back