Statue Queen Studios: Iron Man Mark VII 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's even worse; each light has it's own battery. See attached video.
I'm not sure what's going on in that video but if you have to open flaps to turn on each light, that's plain stupid

I got out of the hot toys game for this reason. These are statues and I just want to turn one switch and have it mains operated

It's like their busts, the eyes are connected to the mains then you have to take out the arc reactor and charge it up. WHY?? One switch for all please, makes me worried about the mark 3 bust I ordered, which I really hope they upgrade the lighting for

Which while I'm on that subject, doesn't have a removable name plate. So two of their busts so far have one, and one of them is removable, and the others don't have one... where is the consistency?

Rant over ha

Personally I'm just happy with how it looks unlit. I'm more disturbed by what the guy in that video is wearing than I am about the lights. But it would no doubt be nice if you could just press a single button.

If looking it's best lit up was my top priority I would have gone with the Sideshow Maquette.

Personally I'm just happy with how it looks unlit. I'm more disturbed by what the guy in that video is wearing than I am about the lights. But it would no doubt be nice if you could just press a single button.

If looking it's best lit up was my top priority I would have gone with the Sideshow Maquette.
Makes sense, normally I don't bother with light up features but with IM it's different

A battery for every single light up is very annoying and has me concerned for the longevity of the light up functionality. There's a reason I don't have my Hot Toys lit up all the time. It's such a pain in the ass to get all the batteries on and they don't last very long. Yes, there are solutions out there but I don't want to pay for Fusion Reactors and I hate how difficult it can be to hide all of those wires on the smaller scales.

I'm guessing these batteries aren't rechargeable, which makes burn out even more of a pain. Part of the reason I got into statues was because I could have my display lit up via plugs. The reactor on the busts isn't as annoying to me as this is because it's one additional item to charge. It's not ideal, but also not a dealbreaker.

On this statue (and others like it), I think having four individual batteries is a major pain. Imagine how annoying lighting up the Hulkbuster will be if you preordered that. No thanks. Kind of glad I'm not going all in with this 1/4 line anymore.

I’m really close to preordering this, but that’s what’s holding me back.
i thought maybe at least it’s a 3a or aa batteries since those can at least last long.
my medicom r2d2, only changed the batteries once, and my Bandai R2-D2 is still on its first set of batteries and still bright. So was hoping it’s at least these kind, but the watch batteries are the worst.
‘they literally last an hour or two. You leave it on for a bit and it won’t take long before you notice it already start to dim and not as bright as when you first turned it on.
its also why I don’t bother with lighting up hot toys.
I think I may just suck it up as, the quality, detail, paint and pose, is the priority, and I prefer this over sideshow.

I'm having the same dilemma with their mark 3 bust. Obviously we haven't got in hand pics of that one but I prefer the details and hopefully paint job so far

If you like how it looks unlit, then that's good. If the light ups are the reason to buy, I'd think twice

All my lighting for my displays are voice activated, so requiring batteries/recharging for both 1/4 and the bust is a deal-breaker for me.

All my lighting for my displays are voice activated, so requiring batteries/recharging for both 1/4 and the bust is a deal-breaker for me.
Unfortunately the Queen bust seems to have the best details so I might still go ahead with it

In terms of this mark 7 statue, it also looks great but I think they should advertise how the lighting works from the outset

Since this line is intended to be a giant diorama, it would make more sense IMO if Queen had taken the time to engineer connectivity points (that can be hidden within the rubble or with a rock piece cover) for the entire display to function on one light up. That would be impressive.

I'm still getting this statue because I don't have a 1/4 Mark VII represented in my display, but the light up batteries really kill the diorama for me.

Since this line is intended to be a giant diorama, it would make more sense IMO if Queen had taken the time to engineer connectivity points (that can be hidden within the rubble or with a rock piece cover) for the entire display to function on one light up. That would be impressive.

I'm still getting this statue because I don't have a 1/4 Mark VII represented in my display, but the light up batteries really kill the diorama for me.
Seeing as they can't figure out one switch for one figure/bust, that would be very cool, and also outside of their capability lol

Were you ever tempted by the xm studios mark 7?

Seeing as they can't figure out one switch for one figure/bust, that would be very cool, and also outside of their capability lol

Were you ever tempted by the xm studios mark 7?
Can't say I was tempted. I don't actually like the Mark 7 that much :censored: I purchased this one thinking I was going to go all in on the line, but I changed my mind because of space constraints. My favorite suits (Mark 6? Why does no one ever do it?) rarely get made so I'm settling. Plus I love all the weaponry on the 7 and it's grown on me.

I think I would prefer this over the XM Studios version regardless because I didn't like that one's base. I liked the flight configuration but always hated the lettering base.

Can't say I was tempted. I don't actually like the Mark 7 that much :censored: I purchased this one thinking I was going to go all in on the line, but I changed my mind because of space constraints. My favorite suits (Mark 6? Why does no one ever do it?) rarely get made so I'm settling. Plus I love all the weaponry on the 7 and it's grown on me.

I think I would prefer this over the XM Studios version regardless because I didn't like that one's base. I liked the flight configuration but always hated the lettering base.
Fair enough, the 7 will always be timeless due to its role in avengers but mark 3 is my fave

And yeah mark 6 doesn't get much love in statue form, maybe after all these have been released they'll do a mark 6 bust and statue, I think a war machine would look good too

Does anyone else think the red paint looks extremely flat compared to the proto there’s almost no shine on it at all
Definitely flatter than the first pics but that's not a bad thing, on screen it was even darker red and not shiny (except the gold parts which were very reflective)

Definitely flatter than the first pics but that's not a bad thing, on screen it was even darker red and not shiny (except the gold parts which were very reflective)
Definitely, I just went back and watched a few scenes, the gold isn’t as reflective as you say. I’d probably get those parts repainted

It's even worse; each light has it's own battery. See attached video.
Thanks, I just ordered this via Specfiction as my first Iron Man piece and was curious about the light setup. I guess I'll be keeping it unlit most of the time, which is a bit of a bummer, but it looks pretty good unlit, and I love the sculpt, pose, base, and other details so much.

Just got invoiced from Spec that they have this in stock and ready to ship so I just paid it off. Crazy that I am getting this before the Queen 1/4 Holland Spider-Man from Civil War. WTF?

Just got invoiced from Spec that they have this in stock and ready to ship so I just paid it off. Crazy that I am getting this before the Queen 1/4 Holland Spider-Man from Civil War. WTF?
Not %100 related but do they change/increase their prices when a pre-order item becomes in stock? I am interested in with Civil War Spider-Man but I need to decide whether I need to pull the trigger while it is still in pre-order phase.

Not %100 related but do they change/increase their prices when a pre-order item becomes in stock? I am interested in with Civil War Spider-Man but I need to decide whether I need to pull the trigger while it is still in pre-order phase.
I pre-ordered the Mark 7 and it was $745 back then, but I did notice the price increased to over $800 when it went in-stock last Tuesday. This is my first order from Spec Fiction so I don't know if this is a common occurrence.

Back