Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Answers From Queen Studios Q&A! (Original Reddit thread)

pRpHtF4.jpg

lfr3HyZ.jpg

LGxSWux.jpg

KjiHdCe.jpg

I have and love the original viper white Gandalf but that was a custom run. What’s photographed there is a prototype aka badass custom.

let’s see what a mass produced thing looks like

someone with better capability than asmus is very welcome to me but the bar there is so so low.

Will this even ever release, do they have the infrastructure for consistency and the capital… how will the final product look, rhe Qc

all questions that remain to be answered

After seeing their Gandalf closeup pics, I would kill to see a great Thunderball Sean Connery Bond.

sure I’ll take thunderball, nowhere near my favorite bind film but I mean I’d love to see any bond done… but after that abysmal Dr no effort by BCS I think someone needs to swoop in and correct that disaster before anything else.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just don't see a mass-produced figure turning out this good -- unless it's a super-limited, hand-prepared run, but that ought to run at least $700. I see more ambition here than on the Ledger Joker, no way it'll be only $500.

Think the eyes impress me the most. Even for a prototype, they look astonishingly real. I'm 50/50 on whether they're actually there or Photoshopped.

Yup, that is pretty amazing...
How good is Queen Studios' track-record on production piece vs. prototype? Even tough it's an altogether different beast (statues vs. 1/6 figures), it would still be an indicator of what they consider an acceptable downgrade from proto to production.

How good is Queen Studios' track-record on production piece vs. prototype?

I'm hearing uneven. But then, that's the default answer for every company. Who hits a homerun every time?

On the plus side here, Gandalf and Joker are Queen's first figures so they should be taking extra care and attention. If they blow it early, at their prices, InArt will be severely hurt as people will wait-and-see rather than blindly PO. So the worry here is more about figure number 3 or 4 for me.

Yes, I asked that the other week. I have been mulling over the HT offerings and because of the prices just couldn’t bring myself to do it.
The hot toys predators aren’t the best anyways, they have pleather issues and they’re just getting old at this point. All I want is a new jungle hunter predator and city hunter predator

I know this sounds really picky. But the beard hair doesn't look natural somehow. Looks clearly different to the head hair. The Asmus hair looks more natural.

But that proto headsculpt paint ap OMG !! Soooo good. But I agree they'll definitely never get that in production !!!

I know this sounds really picky. But the beard hair doesn't look natural somehow. Looks clearly different to the head hair. The Asmus hair looks more natural.

But that proto headsculpt paint ap OMG !! Soooo good. But I agree they'll definitely never get that in production !!!
I mean, beard hair IS different from head hair, so I don't understand the complaint, I think the beard looks pretty good, bushy and natural just not screen accurate, of course this is only the prototype I'm guessing the final product won't be on the same level.

The beard and hair having different textures is actually one of the best aspects of this head. Asmus’ hair all merges together like a lion’s mane if you don’t treat the head hair to give it a greasier appearance and fuzz up the beard.

Anyways- didn’t Queen say they’d be showing their first female character this year?
From the 1:6 licenses I’m aware they hold, I think we can rule out LOTR for now which leaves us with TDKR Catwoman (no thanks,) The Batman Catwoman (oh mama,) Zendaya in Dune (what evz,) or Trinity from M4trix (I’ll be genuinely shocked if they make anything from that disaster of a movie.)

I’m mostly hoping for a BVS Wonder Woman, Batman Returns Catwoman, Kravitz Catwoman or Sarah Connor.
Have they got other 1:6 licenses beyond those initial silhouette teasers?

The beard and hair having different textures is actually one of the best aspects of this head. Asmus’ hair all merges together like a lion’s mane if you don’t treat the head hair to give it a greasier appearance and fuzz up the beard.

Anyways- didn’t Queen say they’d be showing their first female character this year?
From the 1:6 licenses I’m aware they hold, I think we can rule out LOTR for now which leaves us with TDKR Catwoman (no thanks,) The Batman Catwoman (oh mama,) Zendaya in Dune (what evz,) or Trinity from M4trix (I’ll be genuinely shocked if they make anything from that disaster of a movie.)

I’m mostly hoping for a BVS Wonder Woman, Batman Returns Catwoman, Kravitz Catwoman or Sarah Connor.
Have they got other 1:6 licenses beyond those initial silhouette teasers?
I want an InArt Mummy Jessica.

0c0d71127466153.6142479aa0678.jpg

Although beyond Stillsuit Paul I doubt we'll get anything else DUNC-wise.

I'd buy an InArt WW, but only if she looked like this:

mmdc-50_a17.jpg

I have no real interest in a Gadot version. Hopefully they'll make one from the videogame.

Back