Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I NEED Paul from DUNE. I’m obsessed with that entire project and he’ll fit in nicely with my small ‘curated’ collection (yes it’s a wanky way of saying I’m selective but I just don’t want 500 Batmans.)

There is apparently bull crap and hypocritical posts/replies by members in this thread.

"IF" the final product doesn't meet the hyperbolic and unrealistic expectations of those clamoring about QS/IA let alone what QS/IA is promising (without a guarantee), there are some who'll accept it "as is".

That's the same idiotic rationale about collectors who support Asmus. They get all hyped about what Asmus promises and fails to deliver and accept the mediocrity.

That kind of mentality hurts the hobby, but it falls on deaf ears and blind loyalty.

well said… we have been accepting mediocrity for anything other than Star Wars or marvel for years now like it’s nothing. And even with the latter, just becusse it’s hot toys doesn’t mean it’s a home run either. They stopped innovating years ago. We need to bold these companies to higher standards prices are rising and inflation is rising faster… the market is saturated. We can’t accept crap anymore.

I always understand waiting until something is out to see if they want to purchase it. especially with a new company. I think preordering anything blindly is absolutely insane.

On the note of optimism turning to hate which was mentioned by someone else a bit earlier; I think it’s more that a few of us old timers have seen this little song and dance before I think it’s just bringing things back down to reality so collectors wont come in here and get all hyped that just another non entity company is going to do anything meaningful becuase they put a bunch of polls up on a Facebook page and because they have one PO up (and it’s not a niche figure mind you it’s the most over produced figure in the hobby) and let’s not forge they have made nothing but statues. Which are a) easier to produce look at sideshow for example and b) have consistently looked terrible compared to their prototype pictures and a lot of people have complained about them.

don’t get me wrong I’m all for new players really. But I know how to keep my expectations in check.

Lethal Weapon barely registered in their polls unfortunately.
spider-man-i-missed-the-part-where-thats-my-problem.gif

I’m just hoping their Joker turns out better quality than the DX11, and I don’t think that’s an outrageous bar to meet as he’s aged a lot.

I’m excited. It’s been the most fun I’ve had on this site recently, with buzz about a new company making a seemingly great looking Ledger Joker. If it turns out good enough, I’ll be happy. It looks like a pretty sweet set.

Queen said we should see Gandalf and the other one (Dune?) by May, right?
I thought Queen said that in May they are having some big showcase. Not sure if it was for some or all of those 1/6th figures that they teased.

Back