Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Official English list

1652451992450.png

This is only a fraction of what HT has lined up for a year.

It is but I'm sure some items on the list are rooted and they're not really using machines to accomplish that process. If you think about it, Ledger Joker is also part of that 2022-23 lineup.

Edit: just to add, QS is partnering with Sideshow to import their Marvel statues. I don't think doing business with Sideshow is a good idea.

Last edited:
This is why InArt was never going to be a serious threat to Hot Toys; sixteen figures over two years, almost entirely limited to post-2000 era Warner Bros. licensing and almost all of which have been done before. So it'll be 2024 at the earliest before InArt might have something of interest for me that I'd be willing to pay InArt prices to own. Good list for DC and Lord of the Rings fans, though.

This is why InArt was never going to be a serious threat to Hot Toys; sixteen figures over two years, almost entirely limited to post-2000 era Warner Bros. licensing and almost all of which have been done before. So it'll be 2024 at the earliest before InArt might have something of interest for me that I'd be willing to pay InArt prices to own. Good list for DC and Lord of the Rings fans, though.
10/16 items, so almost 2/3, on this list haven't been touched by Hot Toys to be fair.

By other companies sure, but their offering have been subpar imo.

10/16 items, so almost 2/3, on this list haven't been touched by Hot Toys to be fair.

By other companies sure, but their offering have been subpar imo.
True, I was taking into account the Asmus Lord of the Rings series. But seems like anyone who wanted sixth-scale Lord of the Rings figures would have already bought those, and I wonder how many of those buyers are honestly chomping at the bit to replace those figures with $500/piece rooted hair versions.

Same with IT; like the Hot Toys figure is great but was already really niche; what's the market for another IT sixth scale figure? Seems like something they're making just because it's another Warner Bros. property and they can't get anything else.

Personally, I feel the Harry Potter piece is a massive opportunity for InArt. Out of all of them, it is perhaps the most unique in being a very strong IP, but no one (other than a mediocre assortment of Star Ace figures) has taken a crack at the characters. If they can nail the Potter, I think it's the one which opens up the biggest market for them.

If it wasn't for Season 8, I'd say Daenerys has the same power- an incredible Emilia Clarke likeness would be very difficult to pass up. I'll be interested to see what their attempts at the Snyder trinity look like as well.

But yeah- my big takeaway is similar to @Spanbauer. I think they're taking anything they can get with WB rn. It's a shame to see no video games personally as well. Will be interested to see some prototypes but it's nice to have a checklist.

I'm down for a Paul (and hoping it leads to more DUNC figures). Beyond that, I'd easily buy a Phoenix Joker, but considering it'll be some kind of pack at 1K+, I'm priced out. I'd buy a WW, but I have no interest in a Gadot version. From BA I'd have been in for a Fate (hoping QS or HT makes him, I need him), but I'll most probably pass on Rock's Cosplay. Potter could tempt me out of some nostalgia, but it's "eh". I've already paid off 2/3rds of my DX19, so I'm passing on that Bale as well. I could go for a Gandalf or Aragorn to represent LotR, but I want the White and RotK versions. The thing is, Gandalf's rooted hair will take him to the 500$+ price point, which means I'm out. No real interest on the rest.

They're going hard with WB-only stuff, so I'm kind of disappointed to see no Neo. I'm hoping they'll make some Arkham figures or something like Troy, but it seems we're stuck with retreads and some "hot at the moment" WB products. Could be worse. I'm mainly here for DUNC and whatever DC-related thing catches my eye. I'm hoping for a Keanu Constantine at the very least.

Last edited:
So those polls were ******** as expected.

No Indy, Keaton etc etc

I must say I'm sketchy about Queen now. There's still so many question marks about them.

As bad as HT are for communication, what you see is what you'll get, after 2 years.
Not that I want to defend InArt, since they still have to prove themselves beyond showing a great prototype, but I don't know why those polls are interpretended as anything but explorative market research, and most of all, simple marketing to get people talking.
Wouldn't it be sketchier if a couple of weeks after those polls, they already claimed to have the licenses to those properties (beyond Keaton, which might be part of a package deal)?

True, I was taking into account the Asmus Lord of the Rings series. But seems like anyone who wanted sixth-scale Lord of the Rings figures would have already bought those, and I wonder how many of those buyers are honestly chomping at the bit to replace those figures with $500/piece rooted hair versions.

Same with IT; like the Hot Toys figure is great but was already really niche; what's the market for another IT sixth scale figure? Seems like something they're making just because it's another Warner Bros. property and they can't get anything else.
I want LOTR figures, I bought a couple of Asmus figures but I sold/cancelled them because they just didn't cut it for me. I'm not gonna keep something that's not great just to fill a gap in the collection.

I'll gladly pay more if they deliver what I'm looking for.

This is only a fraction of what HT has lined up for a year.
Well there’s what HT announces in a year and then what they actually manage to deliver.

Looks like I’m getting all the Batmen, Wonder Woman, Gandalf, Legolas and Aragorn. Can probably skip the rest unless the Superman and Harry Potter blow me away.

Sadly, no sign of Kravitz Catwoman so it’s either up to HT or we may as well wait for the next movie. Shame.

With all due respect, I don’t understand the complaints so far. “Only DC and WB products”...what else did anyone expect? Their teaser already told us what to look forward to. “Small selection compared HT”?...yo, It’s nothing but SW and Marvel coming from HT, what else did anyone expect?

Guys chill out. They literally just stepped in the ring. Give them some time for crying out loud. Besides, they have yet to prove themselves...so MMMMAAAAYBE having a few releases in their first 3 years isn’t the worst thing.

As for the poll results...if anyone here was seriously expecting them to actually get the rights to IPs like terminator, predator, the last of us, God of War IMMEDIATELY after the polls closed...I don’t know man, you set yourself up for whatever disappointment you’re feeling right now. So it’s less an issue on QS/IA’s first phase and more of an issue of your unrealistic expectations.

This **** takes time. Whatever QS/IA has cooking for us, let it bake for a little while longer. Think positive folks.

Back